ADVERTISEMENT

Law enforcement/investigator types-I got taken for $20k

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
I bought a machine with a serial number fraudulently attached to it. The machine was stolen from a dealer in MN (I'm in Tulsa).

Is there a way to track the phone numbers to see if they are real numbers and not burner phones?

(This guy completely falsified documents, gave me a fake name, etc)

I bought a machine with a serial number fraudulently attached to it. The machine was stolen from a dealer in MN (I'm in Tulsa).

Is there a way to track the phone numbers to see if they are real numbers and not burner phones?

(This guy completely falsified documents, gave me a fake name, etc)

There isn't a way for you to do it that I am aware of.

There are search warrants and Title 18 orders that might be able to do it.

Even a good faith purchaser has NO rights in the property superior to that of it's rightful owner.

A transfer of title from a thief is basically void as the thief did not have the right to legally transfer lawful title.

Even a good faith purchaser has NO rights in the property superior to that of it's rightful owner.

A transfer of title from a thief is basically void as the thief did not have the right to legally transfer lawful title.

Does the same rule apply to the c*ck-s*ckers and their Nazi-stolen art piece?

Just curious.....how they were able to track it down to you in Tulsa, OK when it was stolen in Minnesota?

He probably took it in for service.

My dad won a case several years ago where a farmer had unknowingly bought a stolen tractor. He took it in for service many times at the dealership where it had been stolen from. They after several years realized it was their tractor. Sufficient time had passed and the farmer had presented the tractor to the rightful owner many times and they gave it back to him that the court ruled he got to keep the tractor.

A dealer ran it through the system. It popped up, they called Bobcat, called the police and they impounded it.

I'm out the money, and everyone else is good to go.

Trace your payment to him, unless you paid cash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT