ADVERTISEMENT

Landscaping under eaves around the house

csh

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I've trying to decide between gravel vs paving stones in the shady area (Bermuda won't grow) under the eaves around the house. I figure gravel might "breathe" better than paving stones, i.e. not retain a ton of moisture. I read though that gravel eventually incorporates itself into the soil and becomes its own nuisance. Any thoughts? I'm really not looking to plant anything at the moment.

I've trying to decide between gravel vs paving stones in the shady area (Bermuda won't grow) under the eaves around the house. I figure gravel might "breathe" better than paving stones, i.e. not retain a ton of moisture. I read though that gravel eventually incorporates itself into the soil and becomes its own nuisance. Any thoughts? I'm really not looking to plant anything at the moment.

We used gravel at our last house with sun blankets underneath and never had any issues. We lived there 8 years. It was an easy install and low maintenance.

Reactions: csh
We are currently putting 12x12 pavers around our porch/patio. Nothing grows and when it rains we get mud on the porch. I'm on most done and so far it's working like we had hoped. With gravel, our shoes pick it up and ends up in the house. If I was doing gravel, it would need to be larger rocks. Just my two cents.

Reactions: csh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT