ADVERTISEMENT

Lance

NeekReevers

Heisman Candidate
Dec 17, 2002
Anybody watch the 2 part Lance 30 for 30? I thought it was well done and was glad to see him own up to most of his antics. I really got the sense that even at his best the guy is just a genuine jerk and was from a young age. I don't blame him for the doping. It was dope or go home. They way he treated people though was pretty horrendous.

Yeah, somehow I came away less outraged by his doping and more convinced he is just a world-class d!ck. He was brutally honest and it didn't make him look great.

Reactions: The Duke and FMPoke
Yeah, somehow I came away less outraged by his doping and more convinced he is just a world-class d!ck. He was brutally honest and it didn't make him look great.

Same reaction. Its not the doping that makes him look as bad as the 20 years of denial and self righteousness. That and the way he used and treated people. At his peak he was making tens of millions a year and his teammates were making crumbs. Have to believe if he had cut them in on a little more of the spoils and been a little nicer they might not have turned on him.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
What I didn’t understand was his hatred of Floyd Landis. His apparently upset with Landis because Landis told the truth about doping.
Yeah, I guess he figured that they all were taking a risk with doping, and therefore it was Floyd's duty to die on that hill alone when caught. While Lance certainly got a big head (understatement I know), nobody in that doc struck me as particularly likable.

Reactions: FMPoke
Road cyclists that get serious are almost always dicks. I don’t know why, tbh. The crowds and people for MTB and CX are much more fun and chill.

I used to ride with the fastest group here, and I pretty much hated all of them minus one or two guys that were very welcoming. It was also clear that although it was a mix of pro (1-2 guys), semi-pro (most) and amateurs (like me) that there was doping at all three of these levels. I was invited into a team, but I told them no thanks, stopped riding with them and shifted entirely to triathlon.

Again, the triathlon community was soooo much more fun and helpful.

If I had to guess the cause, it would be 3 things:
1. Doping ****s your mind
2. It’s a dangerous sport that requires a real edge at the top level. Crashing could bring your death and you have to ride extremely close at high speed to succeed. This isn’t true in triathlon (drafting is illegal), CX or MTB.
3. Every ****ing dork that buys a full kit (even if they aren’t on a team) thinks they are hot shit and pout when they get passed.

Reactions: csh and Air_Thurman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT