ADVERTISEMENT

Kids today...

I worked at Tulsa international airport for Branniff in the 70s.

Minor hijack: A Deloitte co-worker left to be the Ass't Controller of Braniff in the mid-70's. He wanted to
hire me as manager of revenue accounting, of which I didn't know jack shit. (My experience was utilities, O&G, and other). Had a long interview w/him and Neil Robinson/CEO at some restaurant/bar - forget the name; damn Robinson was impressive (took over for Harding Lawrence). Fear and common sense told me no, so declined. One of my better decisions. :)

Minor hijack: A Deloitte co-worker left to be the Ass't Controller of Braniff in the mid-70's. He wanted to
hire me as manager of revenue accounting, of which I didn't know jack shit. (My experience was utilities, O&G, and other). Had a long interview w/him and Neil Robinson/CEO at some restaurant/bar - forget the name; damn Robinson was impressive (took over for Harding Lawrence). Fear and common sense told me no, so declined. One of my better decisions. :)
Yep, they, Branniff harshed my mellow more than once.
Government deregulation exposed all the badly run airlines.
Branniff was among the worse.

3xHjo5P.jpeg

I worked at Tulsa international airport for Branniff in the 70s.
Paging Fonda Peters.

Paging Thaddeus Q. Pinchpenny.

Good times.:eek:
Fonda Peters? How about the real thing? When I was kid growing up in Iowa, there was a big time high school girls basketball player named Fonda Dicks. I would've changed my name and disowned my parents.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01bjE3NkPnlHF4re-F23z0d9MNfJA:1590063936003&ei=P3PGXu_oPIS8tQWflaDABA&q=fonda+dicks&oq=fonda+dicks&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECCMQJzoCCAA6BggAEBYQHjoHCAAQFBCHAjoECAAQQzoECAAQCjoICAAQFhAKEB5QxE9YslhgiV9oAHAAeACAAV2IAewCkgEBNZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwivhM3g-cTpAhUEXq0KHZ8KCEgQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Last edited:
... I think they are awesome.

How about applause for the Governor for not losing his shit over being pranked. There's a lot of people (Rs and Ds) at that level of power in the country who would have blown a gasket had that happened to them. He just paused as if he realized it happened, then continued on.

Edit: I can't see Queen Whitmer handling this with any type of candor, for example.

Years ago I saw and ad on a billboard beside the interstate, I think it was an Attorney or Insurance Agent anyway his name was Dick Longing. Also how about the Nascar Driver Dick Trickle? What were his parents thinking?

Reactions: iasooner1
Years ago - decades ago, actually - there was a sign on the highway in extreme NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas, or maybe SW Missouri for Motel 69. I begged my wife for us to stay there, but for some strange reason she adamantly refused.

Reactions: davidallen
How about applause for the Governor for not losing his shit over being pranked. There's a lot of people (Rs and Ds) at that level of power in the country who would have blown a gasket had that happened to them. He just paused as if he realized it happened, then continued on.

Edit: I can't see Queen Whitmer handling this with any type of candor, for example.
I can't think of a single example where the Pol lost their shit over something like this. Can you?

Years ago - decades ago, actually - there was a sign on the highway in extreme NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas, or maybe SW Missouri for Motel 69. I begged my wife for us to stay there, but for some strange reason she adamantly refused.

I went to school for a few semesters at Embry-Riddle in Prescott, AZ back in the day. The highway that goes through their is State Highway 69. There's a road sign that says: Highway 69, use both lanes. Its juvenile, but I used to laugh every time I drove by it.

That's "losing their shit?" You must be extra fragile.
Nah, not losing his shit - just punching down. Way down. At a kid. A kid on the spectrum.

I got no real example of a political type losing their shit over being punked by a kid.

How bout you?

Maybe you lefties shouldn't be using her as your pawn. Seems pretty cruel to use her that way to me.

That was obvious.

How bout me? See above.
I sometimes forget subtly and nuance aren’t your strengths. I’ll be sure to use just primary colors when painting you a picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT