ADVERTISEMENT

Kharchla

There is a post on the Ohio St board saying they have landed Kharchla. I have not seen it reported anywhere else yet and I hope it's not correct. Think this guy is going to end up winning national titles and world medals.

There is a post on the Ohio St board saying they have landed Kharchla. I have not seen it reported anywhere else yet and I hope it's not correct. Think this guy is going to end up winning national titles and world medals.

What board is it?

Last edited:
There are a couple of tOSU boards. This is the one that you post using your real name.

http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6758&start=15&sid=1cefdb348d20cf873ec09045cc2c9e3f

Yeah I found it. Not sure how much stock I put into it. I looked through a few of the other threads on there and never saw a comment or post from the guy who posted about Kharchla.

Plus, he hasn't responded back to the guy who asked for confirmation although it's still pretty early so that might not mean much.

I just don’t see how we land a kid like that in Ohio States backyard.

Agreed and while I think he is a fantastic wrestler and I would LOVE him to come on board I do see him as more of a 4 time AA profile and not in the multi NC profile. More of a Jordan (Bo and Issac) type career.

I also think his style translates to freestyle better than folk. He is a trendies worker and dedicated kid so I wouldn't put anything past him.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I agree, Ohio State is (was?) the favorite, just like we were for Daton. But there are a few things working in our favor (1) we definitely have more scholly $ to offer than tOSU, no way they can match a full ride, (2) Alex is a fantastic freestyle training partner, Snyder and Stieber are the wrong size to roll around with, (3) his Dad is from Russia and is likely aware of John Smith's legendary reputation there (as a freestyle competitor and coach).

I've watched several of his matches and I think he has a special talent - timing - almost Stieber-esque the way he can get to the legs. I predict that he's a minimum 2x champ.

Yeah I found it. Not sure how much stock I put into it. I looked through a few of the other threads on there and never saw a comment or post from the guy who posted about Kharchla.

Plus, he hasn't responded back to the guy who asked for confirmation although it's still pretty early so that might not mean much.

FWIW, that poster has now confirmed his original comment. Their board has a known insider - Bob P - who has not commented yet other than to say Ohio St is the favorite. We'll see I guess.

FWIW, that poster has now confirmed his original comment. Their board has a known insider - Bob P - who has not commented yet other than to say Ohio St is the favorite. We'll see I guess.

I think OhSt has been the favorite from the beginning so that isn't any breaking news. Money, John Smith and RTC training partners is what we are hoping wins out.

Getting to work with AD, Perry and Caldwell has to be pretty appealing.

I think OhSt has been the favorite from the beginning so that isn't any breaking news. Money, John Smith and RTC training partners is what we are hoping wins out.

Getting to work with AD, Perry and Caldwell has to be pretty appealing.

The breaking news (if true) is not that a known Ohio St insider claims they are the favorite. It's that a different poster (using his real name) claims to have insider knowledge that Kharchla has already decided.

I agree that $, Alex, and coach Smith work in our favor. I posted that exact comment yesterday.

Reactions: osu2082
That's just great. Now I can watch Penn St, Ohio St, and Iowa alternate winning the team title for the next few years. No thanks, I'll be rooting for an asteroid before the trophy celebration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT