ADVERTISEMENT

Keto diet

N. Pappagiorgio

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Mar 4, 2004
Anybody else on this?
I am 6-2 and went from 217 to 197 by eating all the bacon, ham, eggs and sausage that I want.
Cauliflower pizza crust is incredibly good.

Anybody have any stories?

Reactions: BWM85
My parents have done this and my dad is really shedding weight. He has a ton of energy which he hasn't had in 6-7 years also. First diet my mom has put him on that he hasn't been a butt hole while doing it. He loves it and swears it has help brain function also. Seems like a great diet but I don't know if I could ever truly give up sugar totally. He never even takes a cheat day they made all separate sides for Thanksgiving.

Anybody else on this?
I am 6-2 and went from 217 to 197 by eating all the bacon, ham, eggs and sausage that I want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how is that any different than the old Atkins diet?

Be careful on those low carb, high protein diets - the lack of fiber can lead to things like diverticulitis or colon cancer.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
Anybody else on this?

Lost ~13 pounds this summer doing it. REALLY started plummeting when I added in jogging 2x a week.

All the reading I did indicated eat to your basal caloric needs (not below that), and let the calories you burn from activity create the deficit.

I'm about to jump on it again and add in some moderate strength training.

Just turned 49. First time in my life I have ever tried an organized diet. 6’2” and I was 209 pounds when I started.

Started Keto Diet on July 16th. Did the version in which I picked up meals twice weekly from a company called Evolve Paleo. I was 100% Keto for all meals until Sept 1st. Lost 24 pounds (lowest was 185 lbs). I liked the weigh loss around waist, but can’t say I felt more energized.

Have continued to weigh myself everyday. Was 188 today. Biggest thing is I have started to like Michelob Ultra and I only drink 1 Dr Pepper a day. But I have eaten normal since Sept 1st.

+1 for cauliflower pizza crust. Thought it would be terrible, taste just like thin crust pizza.

+1 for cauliflower pizza crust. Thought it would be terrible, taste just like thin crust pizza.
Check the carbs on the pizza crusts. I noticed the Costco vegetable cauliflower pizza had the same number of carbs as a digiorno pepperoni pizza.

I ordered some online that had 1/10 the amount of carbs.

I add a plentiful supply of low carb Alfredo sauce and 5 pounds of cheese, pepperoni and Canadian bacon.

Did y'all use a tracking app for your macro's? Which did you use?

Keto is great! You’ve gotta be dedicated on it, or it won’t work. I use an app called Cronometer to track my macros. It’s a free iOS app, not sure if it’s on Android.

Keto is great! You’ve gotta be dedicated on it, or it won’t work. I use an app called Cronometer to track my macros. It’s a free iOS app, not sure if it’s on Android.
Recommend any books or websites that give foods to eat or recipes to cook?

I just wanted to point out that the pumpkin, apple and cherry pie I ate yesterday is not keto friendly. I did enjoy vast amounts of cool whip and bourbon which are very keto friendly.

One of the most efficient diets is definitely the Keto diet. A lot of women complain about it by saying it is very hard to maintain it, but I believe that it is all about being responsible. It is very important to want this hard, that you will motivate yourself every day and you will not give up. Who is interested in this diet I would recommend you check this keto food list and start getting in shape. You should measure your calories and start it sooner.

Last edited:
I'd thought about it but I'm just now how realistic it is for me long term. More power to anyone that can actually do it. I've seen plenty of people that have lost quite a bit of weight on it. Now a good portion of it came back the minute they go off the diet. I've lost 45 lbs since June 1st by simply not eating like I was an offensive lineman. Still have pizza, cookies, pasta, french fries, bad chinese food and occasionally will slip in a pop tart just for fun. Just don't do it all on the same day or even on back to back days.

It's really hit or miss on the cauliflower crust, I had one that was great and another that made me want to drive to the company that makes it and punch someone in the face it was so bad.

Nice bump to this thread!
I actually went from 217 to 185 doing keto. I’m hovering around 195 right now as I have gone more low carb than keto. I decided that a little ice cream is good for the soul.

It’s a very healthy diet...my wife is a dietician, Masters in Public Health...says its legit b/c we way overload on carbs as a society. It definitely helps the mind become sharper too.

Reactions: OSUIvan
It’s a very healthy diet...my wife is a dietician, Masters in Public Health...says its legit b/c we way overload on carbs as a society. It definitely helps the mind become sharper too.

I'm curious does she have any thoughts on Keto vs Intermittent Fasting? I read a book, Eat Stop Eat, which recommends a 24 hour fast 1-2 times per week. During those fasts your body burns through its carb stores so after hour 18 or so you are in pure fat burning mode. It seems that is the goal of Keto as well. What I like about IM is you don't have strange diet requirements at the rest of your meals. Obviously the healthier you eat at those meals the more effective it will be.

I'm curious does she have any thoughts on Keto vs Intermittent Fasting? I read a book, Eat Stop Eat, which recommends a 24 hour fast 1-2 times per week. During those fasts your body burns through its carb stores so after hour 18 or so you are in pure fat burning mode. It seems that is the goal of Keto as well. What I like about IM is you don't have strange diet requirements at the rest of your meals. Obviously the healthier you eat at those meals the more effective it will be.

Intermittent fasting is easier to eat a variety of foods...low carb is more restrictive but has proven to be effective for many peoole. Keto only burns fat, while IF is more of a way to reduce overall calorie intake.

One difference with IF is reducing time insulin is circulating in your blood and storing extra calories as fat.

They are apples and oranges - one can put you in ketosis, the other may lower your overall calorie intake simply by limiting your eating times. You can do both at the same time as well, if you were so inclined.

Reactions: NeekReevers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but how is that any different than the old Atkins diet?

Be careful on those low carb, high protein diets - the lack of fiber can lead to things like diverticulitis or colon cancer.
Keto keeps protein intake at 35% of your diet. If you consume more it hurts your progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT