ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris could have made a brilliant choice and tapped Josh Shapiro for vice president. Instead, she handed Republicans a gift with Tim Walz.

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma

Kamala Harris will regret choosing Tim Walz over Josh Shapiro for VP​

Kamala Harris could have made a brilliant choice and tapped Josh Shapiro for vice president. Instead, she handed Republicans a gift with Tim Walz.​

Portrait of Phil BoasPhil Boas
Arizona Republic

I was prepared to tell Democrats what a brilliant choice they made for vice president.

Where Donald Trump had blundered, choosing a lock-step ideologue in J.D. Vance, Kamala Harris was building beyond her base and shoring up perhaps the most important swing state for her electoral success.

A week ago, all markers pointed to Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro — a well-respected leader who had first made his mark in the Keystone State as a tough, aggressive attorney general.

He had the right credentials. Georgetown Law. Magna cum laude at the University of Rochester. He is a family man and religious Jew who has run the state as a centrist, proving he can comfortably reach across the aisle.

Shapiro was already taking the fight to Trump​

Because of that, he was one of the most popular governors in the country.

Add to that his fight. Good on his feet, telegenic, articulate, Shapiro was already taking it to the Republicans, telling Donald Trump to stop badmouthing the country.

He would have been a great choice for Harris. The spotlight was turning toward him.

And that’s when it started.

The progressive backlash.

Progressives didn't like his Israel stance​

The far left was miffed that he had bad-mouthed campus protesters who were carrying Palestinian and Hamas flags and calling for the annihilation of Israel and its people.

If Shapiro was appalled at what happened Oct. 7, it would seem a crucial act of self-preservation. Hamas terrorists slaughtered some 1,200 mostly Israeli Jews that day. They were rewarded almost instantly with antisemitic chants on American college campuses.

The murdering hordes that had spread across Israel were now tunneled under their own civilians in Gaza. If Israel was going to deal with that problem, they would have to kill Palestinian civilians in the process.

Undaunted, Israel attacked. Civilians died along with Hamas terrorists. In the pretzel-logic of some American progressives, that meant Israel was to blame.

Later, they would blame Shapiro.

Shapiro's only difference is he's Jewish​

Some 50 progressive leaders penned a screed demanding Harris choose someone other than him. A website and social-media feed called “No Genocide Josh” emerged.

And that was odd, noted the Jerusalem Post.

All of the people on Harris’ short list were essentially pro-Israel — Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, Arizona U.S. Sen. Mark Kelly and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear.

Only one had a particular problem, the newspaper noted.

Shapiro.

He’s Jewish.

Surely, the Democrats wouldn’t balk at that. Even the new Democrats who are wobbly at best defending our most important Middle East ally are not going to eliminate a candidate based on faith.

Well, here was the test.

And Kamala Harris failed.

Kamala Harris chose a lock-step VP instead​

Instead, she chose the reliably progressive, lock-step Democrat whose biggest splash on the American scene to date was the day he hunkered down.

That’s how I remember Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz. And I’m sure millions of Americans do as well.

When his state’s biggest city was on fire, Tim Walz wilted.

Two days after Minneapolis Police killed George Floyd, and protesters started burning down buildings and looting stores, police and city officials were overwhelmed.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, a fellow Democrat, asked Gov. Walz to deploy the National Guard.

Nothing.

Tim Walz froze while Minneapolis burned​

Hours later, the Minneapolis Police Chief submitted a written request for troops, The New York Times reported.

Crickets.

Walz sat on his hands another 12 hours. Not until the next afternoon did he sign an executive order granting the Guard permission to protect Minneapolis.

“It was obvious to me that he froze under pressure, under a calamity, as people’s properties were being burned down,” Minnesota state Sen. Warren Limmer, a Republican, told The Times.

And how did Walz answer his critics?

“I simply believe that we try to do the best we can,” he said.

Republican attack ads write themselves​

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the next vice-presidential candidate of the Democratic Party.

Tim Walz.

A real tiger.

The Republican ads can write themselves.

Tim Walz is the one:To help Harris fight fire with fire

With flaming buildings in background, narrator intones:

“It was the summer of 2020. Rioters set fire to the city of Minneapolis. Police were swamped; the mayor dazed. But not to fear, the Dynamic Duo would soon be there. Tim Walz flexed his muscles and held back the Minnesota National Guard. Kamala Harris swooped in and bailed out the rioters. Order restored.”

Fade to aerial of smoldering Minneapolis Police precinct building. Cut.

Oops, JD Vance is already making that attack​

After I had written the above, I went to National Review and read that Republican vice-presidential candidate J.D. Vance had already painted that picture on Tuesday afternoon:

“They make an interesting tag team because Tim Walz allowed rioters to burn down Minneapolis in the summer of 2020, and the few that got caught, Kamala Harris helped bail them out of jail,” Vance told reporters.

Some mainstream news organizations will try to backfill for Harris on this count, but her original tweet is still up urging people to chip in and bail out the people who broke the law in Minneapolis.

When is the now pro-Palestinian American left going to figure out that the Jews are not mere bystanders in the Democratic Party?

Shapiro would've helped Harris in the long run​

They are a people whose creativity and raw energy, whose enormous intellectual and financial achievements make them tenacious allies in any political fight.

They are the ballast in a party that is frequently sidetracked by voyages of pure fantasy — earth-loving do-goodism unhinged from a real world that is often nasty and self-interested.

I was prepared to tell Republicans that in the short run Josh Shapiro would be trouble for the Republican Party, but in the long-term he would be healthy for America.

Kamala Harris will regret choosing Tim Walz over Josh Shapiro for VP
No she won't.

Kamala Harris could have made a brilliant choice and tapped Josh Shapiro for vice president.
She made a brilliant choice with Walz and we are already starting to see the benefits. You clearly are worried about the pick too, which tells us all we need to know about how good of a pick it was for Harris.

btw, had Harris chosen Shapiro, you would be attacking him today.

Instead, she handed Republicans a gift with Tim Walz.
lol, you are trying so hard aren't you?

Meanwhile, Harris/Walz are drawing thousands and thousands to their rallies while the Republican VP nominee Weirdo Vance can't get anyone to show up. He has not resorted to stalking the Vice President trying to get some attention.🤣🤣

At least he got off the couch.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
Agreed 100%.

With this choice, she seems to be going for extreme leftists, which I feel she already has sewn up.

If she had gone with Shapiro, she would have 1) solidified Pennsylvania, a key swing state that she has to win; 2) likely appealed to more moderates and undecided voters, 3) gained more votes among the Jewish population.

But, ironically, she seems to have been spooked that choosing Shapiro would have lost her Muslim voters, and especially in Michigan, which has a huge Islamic community and Dimms must feel that Michigan is more in play than Pennsylvania.

But her pick of a leftist governor from a state (Minnesota) that she’d probably win anyways tells me that she’s doubling down on her base.

With this choice, she seems to be going for extreme leftists, which I feel she already has sewn up.
Wow, tell us you know nothing about politics without actually saying it.

Harris is not going after "extreme leftists" (whatever that means) with this pick. She is going after Midwest voters, rural voters, Middle America voters, small town voters , teachers/educators, etc. This pick may also appeal to those votes thinking of voting for Kennedy Jr., especially in the battle ground states.

That is why she spent so much time) when introducing him yesterday) talking about everything in his biography that appeals to those voters. Maybe start paying attention?

Harris already had leftist voters. She didn't have to go after them. Wake up.

If she had gone with Shapiro, she would have 1) solidified Pennsylvania, a key swing state that she has to win; 2) likely appealed to more moderates and undecided voters, 3) gained more votes among the Jewish population.
(1) Picking Shapiro doesn't automatically mean he delivers Pennsylvania. On top of that, the Harris campaign can now use Shapiro mainly in just Pennsylvania. He can travel all over that state now for Harris. Walz can go in there too and have an impact (did you watch last night?) while also being sent to other battle ground states. A win-win for the Harris campaign.

(2) Walz is going to appeal to moderate and undecided voters. He has been doing so his entire political career.

(3) I don't really know if this is true or not. Makes an assumption about Jewish voters that I'm not prepared to make. Many Jewish voters are going to vote for Harris/Walz though.

But, ironically, she seems to have been spooked that choosing Shapiro would have lost her Muslim voters, and especially in Michigan, which has a huge Islamic community and Dimms must feel that Michigan is more in play than Pennsylvania.
This isn't what happened at all. Again, this pick is about much more than Shapiro being Jewish. Way more.

But her pick of a leftist governor from a state (Minnesota) that she’d probably win anyways tells me that she’s doubling down on her base.
This pick did excite her base but it also is meant to do what I mentioned at the start of this post. Which I believe it is going to do and we are already starting to see some signs of this. So it accomplishes both goals, again, a win-win pick.

With all that said, VP picks in the end don't usually matter that much. They may help a little bit in certain places, but the main rule when choosing your running mate is "do no harm." So far, it appears Harris has accomplished that while accomplishing more. Meanwhile, Trump didn't. Trump's pick of Weirdo Vance did harm.

• Haha
Kumala didn't pick anyone, she was told to pick that loser likely by Otard.
To think she had a say in it is laughable.
You need some new material if you want to stay relevant.

btw, I'm still waiting on Michelle Obama to take over like you and some of your fellow cultists (@soonerinlOUisiana) have been claiming is going to occur for a while now.

🤣🤣

• Haha
You need some new material if you want to stay relevant.

btw, I'm still waiting on Michelle Obama to take over like you and some of your fellow cultists (@soonerinlOUisiana) have been claiming is going to occur for a while now.

🤣🤣
My guess. Big Mike’s having prostate issues that prevented him from running.

Wow, tell us you know nothing about politics without actually saying it.

Harris is not going after "extreme leftists" (whatever that means) with this pick. She is going after Midwest voters, rural voters, Middle America voters, small town voters , teachers/educators, etc. This pick may also appeal to those votes thinking of voting for Kennedy Jr., especially in the battle ground states.

That is why she spent so much time) when introducing him yesterday) talking about everything in his biography that appeals to those voters. Maybe start paying attention?

Harris already had leftist voters. She didn't have to go after them. Wake up.

(1) Picking Shapiro doesn't automatically mean he delivers Pennsylvania. On top of that, the Harris campaign can now use Shapiro mainly in just Pennsylvania. He can travel all over that state now for Harris. Walz can go in there too and have an impact (did you watch last night?) while also being sent to other battle ground states. A win-win for the Harris campaign.

(2) Walz is going to appeal to moderate and undecided voters. He has been doing so his entire political career.

(3) I don't really know if this is true or not. Makes an assumption about Jewish voters that I'm not prepared to make. Many Jewish voters are going to vote for Harris/Walz though.

This isn't what happened at all. Again, this pick is about much more than Shapiro being Jewish. Way more.

This pick did excite her base but it also is meant to do what I mentioned at the start of this post. Which I believe it is going to do and we are already starting to see some signs of this. So it accomplishes both goals, again, a win-win pick.

With all that said, VP picks in the end don't usually matter that much. They may help a little bit in certain places, but the main rule when choosing your running mate is "do no harm." So far, it appears Harris has accomplished that while accomplishing more. Meanwhile, Trump didn't. Trump's pick of Weirdo Vance did harm.
Triggered much?

It was a complete blunder, Walz has a long history of lying about serving in Iraq, his rank, etc. Stolen valor is real and it resonates hard with all military families.

What's worse, it set up Vance, who even most Trump supporters were pretty meh about, with a winning talking point about how Walz let rioters burn down MN, and Kamala pushed to have them bailed out. Hells bells, Walz' daughter was posting on social media when the NG would arrive and how much longer rioters had before the arrests would start.

Horrible optics, impossible to defend. Walz will likely have to be pulled from the campaign shortly. Then again, the left was dumb enough to elevate Kamala, maybe they will be equally dumb enough to keep Tampon Tim around?

As a Trump supporter, I support the Kamala/Walz ticket!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT