ADVERTISEMENT

Kaid Brock

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
Pistols Firing is reporting that Kaid has torn his ACL. He’s had the surgery and recovery could take anywhere from 6-9 months. This sucks. Feel bad for the guy.

I feel bad for Kaid maybe he can get a medical if he wants to continue wrestling. Does Witcraft go right away now?

Reactions: rancher1
I feel bad for Kaid maybe he can get a medical if he wants to continue wrestling. Does Witcraft go right away now?

You would think so. I do hope G can just focus on 141 as he is a high end AA candidate at that weight. Hope Kaid can get a medical as he seems to be an easy candidate for one.

Pistols Firing is reporting that Kaid has torn his ACL. He’s had the surgery and recovery could take anywhere from 6-9 months. This sucks. Feel bad for the guy.
No ortho in their right mind would release a wrestler to compete after 6 months. 9 is pushing it severely. He's out til 20-21 if he can get the medical.

My personal hope for Kaid is that he gets in the weight room while he recovers and increases his strength by 25 to 35 percent... he is a talented guy, I bet the time off the mat will help him in the long run..

Reactions: osuind and Rdcldad
No ortho in their right mind would release a wrestler to compete after 6 months. 9 is pushing it severely. He's out til 20-21 if he can get the medical.

After he decommitted on us, Kerkvliet tore his ACL at the Junior World Team camp. He had surgery in mid September and then pushed to get back as soon as possible. Somehow he got cleared and won his state tournament in early March (less than 6 months post surgery). A week later he tore the same ACL again at a tournament in Russia. He told Flo that he is not getting it fixed again because the doctors said 2nd surgeries are usually not successful.

Does anyone know if Kaid injured the same knee he hurt as a true freshman?

Most athletes get cleared to compete before 9 months after the surgery & some around the 6 month mark. This isn’t the 1990’s, they can do some incredible things.

Most athletes get cleared to compete before 9 months after the surgery & some around the 6 month mark. This isn’t the 1990’s, they can do some incredible things.
You would think Kaid could get an extra year for this injury if he can't wrestle this year. I don't know if he would to take 6 years.

After he decommitted on us, Kerkvliet tore his ACL at the Junior World Team camp. He had surgery in mid September and then pushed to get back as soon as possible. Somehow he got cleared and won his state tournament in early March (less than 6 months post surgery). A week later he tore the same ACL again at a tournament in Russia. He told Flo that he is not getting it fixed again because the doctors said 2nd surgeries are usually not successful.

Does anyone know if Kaid injured the same knee he hurt as a true freshman?
Nope. It’s not connected to that injury at all.

Hopefully Kirkvliet finds some new doctors. Total quack to let a kid re-injure himself that way. Completely irresponsible.

Yup, I agree. The article I read said Kerkvliet started pressing the doctors for a return around 3 months. Looks like they relented at 4 months - September 17th surgery and started competing again in mid January. Tore it the 2nd time on March 9th.

After the Kirkvliet debacle is this really a debate? Human anatomy hasn't changed in 100000 years and that new ligament won't revascularize until about month 9. Full return to 100% strength takes another couple of months. I got this from the doc that did my kid's knee last year, who operated on Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles with James Andrews--maybe your source is better.

Reactions: osuind and Rdcldad
After the Kirkvliet debacle is this really a debate? Human anatomy hasn't changed in 100000 years and that new ligament won't revascularize until about month 9. Full return to 100% strength takes another couple of months. I got this from the doc that did my kid's knee last year, who operated on Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles with James Andrews--maybe your source is better.

Mine is from Dr. Asheesh Bedi who saw my knee (not ACL tho). He’s the leading researcher in sports medicine right now.

My bet would be Reece Witcraft would wrestle 133. I like redshirts especially for guys who are not superstars but Witcraft may not end up wrestling as a starter down the road so he should wrestle his true freshman year if he gets that chance.
I think Witcraft will surprise people similar style of Gomez from ISU . I think Witcraft might have the higher ceiling though.

Last edited:
I think Witcraft will surprise people similar style of Gomez from ISU . I think Witcraft might have the higher ceiling though.
By starting his true freshman year Witcraft could develop more and faster than redshirting. You are right he could start and never let go of the 133 class although world team member for the United States Fix might be hard to keep out of the lineup after his OR year(probable).

Reactions: osu2082
By starting his true freshman year Witcraft could develop more and faster than redshirting. You are right he could start and never let go of the 133 class although world team member for the United States Fix might be hard to keep out of the lineup after his OR year(probable).[/QUOTE I th
By starting his true freshman year Witcraft could develop more and faster than redshirting. You are right he could start and never let go of the 133 class although world team member for the United States Fix might be hard to keep out of the lineup after his OR year(probable).
Yes for sure hopefully when Fix comes back they will be able to jockey around to have the best team on the mat . It’s for sure going to be crowded at the lower weights if Kaid and Boo get the medical.

At 16 weeks, the "new" ligament has regenerated to a touch over 80% strength. At 6 months, it's around 95% and will never be 100%...but 99.7 is good enough.

There is no way to speed this up. I'm sure this is just the mean and not exactly the same for each person. So, it is not out of the realm of possibility that an elite human can have more efficient processes than "regular" people?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT