ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Timberlake...

Orange Jennyslipper

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2005
...brought the house down with "(I Got) Friends in Low Places," at the 'Peake Friday. The crowd was more than happy to help with the lyrics.

A smart entertainer knows his audience!

Apparently, he has been a Garth fan for a while... He took in a Garth concert in St. Louis the night before... Even sat in the seats amongst the crowd.

garthandJT.jpg

and sang some Garth Brooks when he was a little kid.

10676239_10152552595213196_3061178487693368875_n.jpg

In interviews I've seen, he comes across as a very intelligent guy who just loves music, period. I'm not surprised to learn he and Garth have buddied up.

He sings many genres and seems comfortable and natural in all of them.

Great guy, even better business man. I don't care much for is music, but the guy knows what he is doing and really is a fantastically nice guy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Don't really care for his music either, but when he hosts SNL, it is definitely must watch or the wife and I. Have heard several cast members say he could be a regular cast member if he wanted to be.

Agree with all the above - and will add this. Even if you don't care for his music, he's a legitimately talented artist. Someone I really wanted to hate, with his boy band background. But I can't. The guy is legit, and not a bad actor either. Funny too.

Heard an interview with an SNL cast member, don't remember who, that said that you wouldn't know how rich and famous he is from how he interacts with everyone, that he could be mistaken for a stage hand. They went on to contrast him with Bieber who has a 12 person entourage and a guy to hold his coke. I assume he meant Coca-Cola but I guess it could have been cocaine.

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
Agree with all the above - and will add this. Even if you don't care for his music, he's a legitimately talented artist. Someone I really wanted to hate, with his boy band background. But I can't. The guy is legit, and not a bad actor either. Funny too.
This... When he hosts SNL it is pure gold.

If you want to be a little more jealous of the guy... I'm pretty sure he's a scratch golfer too...

Originally posted by parlayn_poke:
Originally posted by MegaPoke:
This... When he hosts SNL it is pure gold.
Agree, one of the best SNL guests.

I had tickets on the 6th row in Tulsa last year and had to miss it because our athletic director "advised" me that I shouldn't miss a JH girls basketball game, even though our HS coach said he would gladly coach them for me (we ended up winning by 20+). Next time I'll just call in sick.

JT is a Tennessee guy and spends quite a bit of time here in Nashville. I'm not surprised him and Garth are buds.

Originally posted by ThorOdinson13:
He seems like a cool guy. Someone I could see having a beer with.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
He went out bar hopping the night before his show in Tulsa.

@Wally my wife and I went and it was a really good show, sucks that you missed it =\
This post was edited on 12/12 7:27 AM by OSUIvan

Originally posted by PlatteCoPoke:
If you want to be a little more jealous of the guy... I'm pretty sure he's a scratch golfer too...
As well as hosts a PGA tour tournament in Vegas, and owns a golf course with his parents in Tenn.

Not sure, but I think they recently sold the golf course.

Originally posted by Deepfork:
Not sure, but I think they recently sold the golf course.
Correct, just a few months ago.

He was heavily involved at the 2012 Ryder Cup, serving as honorary captain, mc of the ryder cup gala and played in the celebrity scramble. Basically did it for relative pennies and a commitment by PGA to get the junior series to Mirimichi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT