ADVERTISEMENT

Just Wondering

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Why would people of color from countries south of the border - and from across the globe, actually - illegally pour by the tens of thousands into a country that is systemically racist against people of color, and the racism doubles down on those that don’t speak English? I’m hoping someone will provide a thoughtful and honest answer. @davidallen? @07pilt? @Syskatine? Whatcha got?

Why would people of color from countries south of the border - and from across the globe, actually - illegally pour by the tens of thousands into a country that is systemically racist against people of color, and the racism doubles down on those that don’t speak English? I’m hoping someone will provide a thoughtful and honest answer. @davidallen? @07pilt? @Syskatine? Whatcha got?

Because its still better than the status quo they're dealing with.

You really gotta scratch your head over this one, huh?

Look, everything about "systemic racism" shows us where we stand on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. In most of the world, people are focused on basic needs. In America, our needs and wants are met so we are focused on esoteric 'feelings' at the very peak of the pyramid. Hence why the rest of the world still wants what we've got.

In other words, being “oppressed” in the USA is a pretty good gig.
Compared to anywhere else in the world, absolutely. I think that's the beef I have with many of these college kid libs. Most have never seen real squalor and hardship, and thus have no inkling of how good they really have it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
If you think we treat Brown people from the United States poorly you should read up on our record in El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua

Reactions: davidallen
If you think we treat Brown people from the United States poorly you should read up on our record in El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua
We’ll I don’t think we treat brown people poorly. Certainly not systemically. Rather than ask me to read about it, since you’ve already read about it why don’t you give us an edited version on “our” record in El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua?

Yeah Pilt, tell us an edited version of our foreign policy record in those three countries. We'll wait.

Yeah Pilt, tell us an edited version of our foreign policy record in those three countries. We'll wait.
He seems to know. It would be kind of him to give us a rundown on it since he brought it up.

Spain led the way in ruining Sud America. At least we brought some semblance of prosperity to the region by building the Canal giving North and South amazing opportunities

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Spain led the way in ruining Sud America. At least we brought some semblance of prosperity to the region by building the Canal giving North and South amazing opportunities

I was gonna make fun of you, but realized that Europe and the church really did take a huge squat all over south america.

We’ll I don’t think we treat brown people poorly. Certainly not systemically. Rather than ask me to read about it, since you’ve already read about it why don’t you give us an edited version on “our” record in El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua?

The gist is the CIA has a real problem with brown people but loves the drug trade.

Reactions: iasooner2000
EA%202012.jpg

yep

we take in half of the world’s immigrants. If we treated people that poorly, no one would want to come here

Look, everything about "systemic racism" shows us where we stand on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. In most of the world, people are focused on basic needs. In America, our needs and wants are met so we are focused on esoteric 'feelings' at the very peak of the pyramid. Hence why the rest of the world still wants what we've got.
Reasonable take if not a bit hyperbolic. We have it good in general here. We have the luxury of actually considering these esoteric topics and making what is good even better. Hazzah!

Reasonable take if not a bit hyperbolic. We have it good in general here. We have the luxury of actually considering these esoteric topics and making what is good even better. Hazzah!
We have it good in general? Have you ever been to a 2nd or 3rd world country? Even our poor have cell phones and flat screens. Go look at the living conditions of the lower or middle class somewhere like Chennai, India. Its a booming city and yet tens of thousands live in conditions that would make the south side of Chicago look like Martha's Vineyard.

We have it good in general? Have you ever been to a 2nd or 3rd world country? Even our poor have cell phones and flat screens. Go look at the living conditions of the lower or middle class somewhere like Chennai, India. Its a booming city and yet tens of thousands live in conditions that would make the south side of Chicago look like Martha's Vineyard.

Yep. If you make $30k here, you are a 1%er in the eyes of much of the world

We are truly spoiled

Reactions: Syskatine
isn't this an argument for the US?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT