ADVERTISEMENT

Just Watched A Video

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Of a chat between Glenn Loury & John McWhorter. They eventually got around to talking about African American Study programs. McWhorter said he had done a short study of the programs and concluded the correct description for them is to call them Racism Studies (or more succinctly *White* Racism Studies). It seems they put black achievement on the back burner while concentrating on the victimhood of being black in America. That being the case I applaud Gov. DeSantis for standing against the left-wing indoctrination being attempted in his state.

Blacks were doing super in the 60s and 70s ish? When did the cabal put them on welfare and purposefully kept them poor
And dependent on Johnny a gubmint?

On purpose just ruined the race

McWhorter said he had done a short study of the programs and concluded the correct description for them is to call them Racism Studies (or more succinctly *White* Racism Studies). It seems they put black achievement on the back burner while concentrating on the victimhood of being black in America.
Here is what McWhorter said:

"Unfortunately, my impression is that black studies departments focus on that. Now, I don't know. Really to say it, you would have to do a study of probably about a hundred of them. My impression, based on, for example, having been a member of one of them at UC Berkeley for about ten minutes and thirty years ago and you know, nosing around, my sense is that those programs tend to be centered on racism."

After this comment, Loury essentially slams the brakes on his own hypothetical question, by starting that he doesn't know if this is the case at all colleges and universities. Especially since he taught in one and knows many serious scholars involved in those departments. Loury then states that McWhorter's impression is probably not true of every black studies departments. McWhorter then rambles on some more about his "study" which he admits wasn't even a real study.

And this is what you point to @Ponca Dan as some type of evidence to back up your attack on African American Studies??🤣🤣

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
@my_2cents do you agree with the analysis of the curriculum?
I didn't hear much analysis. I heard Loury throw out a hypothetical question, McWhorter give his opinion based on little evidence, and then Loury backtrack away from his own hypothetical question.

Do I agree with McWhorter's opinion? No I don't and even as he admitted, to validate such an opinion, one would have to do a large scale study of these programs. And even Loury admitted such an opinion is probably not true of every black studies department.

Last edited:
I didn't hear much analysis. I heard Loury throw out a hypothetical question, McWhorter give his opinion based on little evidence, and then Loury backtrack away from his own hypothetical question.

Do I agree with McWhorter's opinion? No I don't and even as he admitted, to validate such an opinion, one would have to do a large scale study of these programs. And even Loury admitted such an opinion is probably not true of every black studies department.

So you don’t have an opinion if the desantis admin did the right thing or not because you haven’t studied the curriculum?

I believe you have crumps nuts swollen out yer cheeks like a squirrel chomping on acorns.

Do you ever notice how when you post like this psychosis-laden ad hominems…you suck the air out of the room for everyone? Cuz you just managed to do it again.

Post less…

for everyone.

carry on

Reactions: my_2cents
Do you ever notice how when you post like this psychosis-laden ad hominems…you suck the air out of the room for everyone? Cuz you just managed to do it again.

Post less…

for everyone.

carry on
Says you? Depape hit you with his hammer? Give us an example of yer hominems genuis.
😂

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Do you believe the Tulsa Race Massacre is adequately taught in Oklahoma schools?
This statement cannot be factually answered. The definition of adequately will change from person to person. Take the word adequately out and then it becomes a question that can be answered factually and straight forward.

FYI the answer to the question is yes.

Uh, events like Pearl Harbor, which lead to a four year war, or September 11, 2001, which lead to a 20 year war, just to name a couple.
Who got us out of that 20-year war? Did you know Biden is only sitting president in 100+ years to have visited Tulsa to gain awareness of what happened?

The Tulsa Race Massacre permanently destroyed an entire section of city worth of property and economy ($34 million in today’s money). It hasn’t recovered to this day.

Your racist rhetorical nonsense is pathetic…and this board is full of chickensh!t pussies who won’t condemn it.

carry on

Who got us out of that 20-year war? Did you know Biden is only sitting president in 100+ years to have visited Tulsa to gain awareness of what happened?

The Tulsa Race Massacre permanently destroyed an entire section of city worth of property and economy ($34 million in today’s money). It hasn’t recovered to this day.

Your racist rhetorical nonsense is pathetic…and this board is full of chickensh!t pussies who won’t condemn it.

carry on
What should be the context in which the Tulsa Massacre happened is taught? Should the test essay about this incident be something along the lines of “Compare and contrast race relations in Tulsa at the time of the massacre with race relations today. How are things different today?” Would the teaching in the classroom show significant progress, or would it claim that very little has changed?

So you only consider events that lead to a war as historical significant?
No dipshit. I was asked for examples. The crash of ‘29 is another example. I’d also put the ‘ 89 land run in there, too. The Tulsa race riot is about as historically significant as Hurricane Betsy or the Charles Whitman murders.

No dipshit. I was asked for examples.
No, you were asked what makes a historical event significant in your opinion. And you have yet to answer this question.

So again, what makes a historical event "significant" in your opinion? Give us your definition of a "significant historical event," not just random examples you pull out of thin air.

What should be the context in which the Tulsa Massacre happened is taught?
The context should be what the Tulsa Massacre is, what happened, why did it happen, and what were the consequences of this event. The historical context should be the early 20th century.

Would the teaching in the classroom show significant progress, or would it claim that very little has changed?
Neither. The Tulsa Massacre should just be taught in its historical context without getting into any of this. A test essay question about this incident should be something like "Explain what contributed to the Tulsi Massacre and what consequences resulted from this event."

The context should be what the Tulsa Massacre is, what happened, why did it happen, and what were the consequences of this event. The historical context should be the early 20th century.

Neither. The Tulsa Massacre should just be taught in its historical context without getting into any of this. A test essay question about this incident should be something like "Explain what contributed to the Tulsi Massacre and what consequences resulted from this event."
It should be taught that way but we both know that’s not how it would be. you know it but your stubborn pride would never allow you to admit it.

It should be taught that way but we both know that’s not how it would be.
No we both don't know this. You assume it would be taught some other way without any evidence to back up your assumption.

Just more irrational gut reactions from you that we should all just ignore.

Ok. Isn't teaching kids about the Tulsi Massacre teaching them the truth? Are you claiming this historical event is a lie and didn't really happen?
Azov, I'm just saying that whatever is taught about the Tulsa race riots should be in the context that for the longest time in American history the democrat party and the kkk were essentially one and the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT