ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Duals

lookleft goright

2nd Team
Jan 21, 2012
Anybody planning on going to watch the duals? OK has a title to defend this year. Is it looking like a possibility?

I will be at the freestyle dual and I will be cheering on Team Iowa. I will be wearing a pair of blue Clic glasses (the ones that are magnetic and come apart and hang around your neck). If you guys see me, say hello. It would be cool to chat with some of you guys. Well except for Tognetti. He may try to pawn some one of his sisters off on me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: oberebo and PoOsKuE
Cadet duals are underway on Track. Giddens, Roller, Ferrari & Evans are on the Greco team.

I go to the Jr freestyle ever year it has been in Oklahoma, From UCO to OCU to Tulsa. We will be one of the top teams again this year, hope that we defend our title.

If I figure out which one you are, I will say hello.
If you see someone that looks like Brand Pitt- that isn't me. If you see someone telling people that he looks like Brad Pitt- that is me. :)
Sounds great though. I will probably have my oldest son with me and my youngest will be wrestling for Team Iowa at 120 pounds, both styles.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
Oklahoma undefeated in Greco. It’s going to come down to Illinois Minnesota and Oklahoma. We’ve got a ridiculous team for Freestyle it’s going to be fun to watch. Also Voinovich and Joey Cruz are confirmed to be wrestling so it’ll be interested to see there results.

Reactions: turfpoke
The junior freestyle rosters are up on Track. Missing some guys I thought would wrestle - Hughes, Blankenship, Anthony Ferrari, Robb, Picklo, Haas.

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
Oklahoma ended up getting second to a loaded Iowa team. Jordan Willams, Carter Young, and Hartley Andrew’s we’re undefeated in freestyle
Met lookleftgoright at the tournament during the Iowa dual. His son wrestled at 120 for the Iowa team and is going to app state. He did find the two oldest cowboy wrestlers at the dual and when I took my hat off he realized it was me. He was complementary on the OK team even though they kicked our butts. Jordan Williams, Carter Young and Harley Andrews looked very good as did our small 100 pounder Trueshawn Tecson who was undefeated until his final match which was with Ayala's younger brother who teched him. Eli Griffin at 120 looked great and his only loss was to Joey Cruz 6-5 and it took a last second TD for Cruz to win it by a point. Christian Forbes at 106 was also undefeated and although he in no way resembles your typical wrestler managed to transform his long angular body into a Tech fall machine. The two Stillwater boys, Sam Smith and Angelo Ferrari took their lumps but as Freshmen to be expected. Smith was 3-2 and Ferrari was 3-4. With a little more experience under their belt they both have very good futures. Older Brother AJ made his
appearance (typically for him) wearing Shorts, shirtless with Shades. Good tournament in both styles for Oklahoma team. Lookleftgoright said it would have been easier to find me if I had mentioned I was the "ugliest" old fan. That would have narrowed it down to just me and Mr. Earl.

Met lookleftgoright at the tournament during the Iowa dual. His son wrestled at 120 for the Iowa team and is going to app state. He did find the two oldest cowboy wrestlers at the dual and when I took my hat off he realized it was me. He was complementary on the OK team even though they kicked our butts. Jordan Williams, Carter Young and Harley Andrews looked very good as did our small 100 pounder Trueshawn Tecson who was undefeated until his final match which was with Ayala's younger brother who teched him. Eli Griffin at 120 looked great and his only loss was to Joey Cruz 6-5 and it took a last second TD for Cruz to win it by a point. Christian Forbes at 106 was also undefeated and although he in no way resembles your typical wrestler managed to transform his long angular body into a Tech fall machine. The two Stillwater boys, Sam Smith and Angelo Ferrari took their lumps but as Freshmen to be expected. Smith was 3-2 and Ferrari was 3-4. With a little more experience under their belt they both have very good futures. Older Brother AJ made his
appearance (typically for him) wearing Shorts, shirtless with Shades. Good tournament in both styles for Oklahoma team. Lookleftgoright said it would have been easier to find me if I had mentioned I was the "ugliest" old fan. That would have narrowed it down to just me and Mr. Earl.
Yeah I wasn’t there but I watched all of it on track wrestling. Tecson was amazing all Greco and freestyle. I think he was 8-0 in Greco. I did a little research on Tecson and he got 3rd as a freshman at 106 in 3A. He looked small at times at 100 so I’m sure 106 was not ideal weight. I was impressed with Sam smith and Angelo Ferrari they both just looked young and strength deficient probably weren’t cutting a lot of weight but really great tournament for as young as they are. Also I was kind of eye balling Jordan Williams to see if he could make 141 early for the pokes and I would say it’s very possible. He has a slickness about him that is very fun to watch.

It was great to meet Oberebo. I was impressed with how knowledgeable he was about the team and the sport. But I should have asked him what exactly his screen name means or where it came from. Dang it - what a missed opportunity!!!
Team OK had some real horses there. I can not imagine Williams making 141 for more than a year and he was definitely slick and very well composed. He had a war with the Iowa kid and he never lost his cool. He looks like he will be a great one. Eli Griffin was also a beast as he destroyed my son and made it look easy. It was unfortunate he taunted the Iowa team after the win. But, kids will be kids.

It was great to meet Oberebo. I was impressed with how knowledgeable he was about the team and the sport. But I should have asked him what exactly his screen name means or where it came from. Dang it - what a missed opportunity!!!
Team OK had some real horses there. I can not imagine Williams making 141 for more than a year and he was definitely slick and very well composed. He had a war with the Iowa kid and he never lost his cool. He looks like he will be a great one. Eli Griffin was also a beast as he destroyed my son and made it look easy. It was unfortunate he taunted the Iowa team after the win. But, kids will be kids.
Yeah I think Williams would likely move up after a year maybe 2 but I think Ok state really needs a 141 early because I think down the road Bouzakis if we get him will grow into a 141 but start at 133 per Matscouts. Also Cael Hughes would be a great option at 141 but he has 2 years of high school left and it might be good for him to get a redshirt.

Lookleft, Never one to keep a man in suspense. My last name is Ober. Oberebo is a palindrome as it reads the same frontward and backward and also the 8 characters in the name also scan frontwards and backwards reading left to right using the R in both, Ober and Rebo. Now this eternal mystery is solved we can get back to wrestling and congrats to your son and his scholarship to app State.

Lookleft, Never one to keep a man in suspense. My last name is Ober. Oberebo is a palindrome as it reads the same frontward and backward and also the 8 characters in the name also scan frontwards and backwards reading left to right using the R in both, Ober and Rebo. Now this eternal mystery is solved we can get back to wrestling and congrats to your son and his scholarship to app State.
Very creative and clever. Jeepers you are not only handsome - you are smart. :) Great to meet you last week and thanks for the encouragement for my son.

Reactions: tfpoke and oberebo
Lookleft.........last night I went to visit Oberebo at the old folks home. He mentioned having met you but i wasn't aware that he had escaped from Golden Years Nursing Home. I will have to have a stern talk with the staff there. Frankly, I'm sure the staff welcomed the respite while he was in Tulsa. If this continues they will be forced to cancel Butterscotch Pudding Day. The only day he really looks forward to. Thanks for returning him!

I am not so sure that I returned him. He started ripping off his clothes and yelling that AJ Ferrari doesn't have anything on him and the security guards took him away. Luckily, he should be back home in time to get some of that butterscotch pudding.
We probably should all pitch in an get him some orange shoes and orange socks and some oil to slicks hair back (oops he doesn't have any hair - my bad), so he can look more like AJ.

I am not so sure that I returned him. He started ripping off his clothes and yelling that AJ Ferrari doesn't have anything on him and the security guards took him away. Luckily, he should be back home in time to get some of that butterscotch pudding.
We probably should all pitch in an get him some orange shoes and orange socks and some oil to slicks hair back (oops he doesn't have any hair - my bad), so he can look more like AJ.
In my defense, I might have tried to rip my clothes off but did not have the strength as I missed my helping of butterscotch pudding. I will stand by Micco's statement made on this board more than once. I have never lost to ANYONE named Ferrari either freestyle or folkstyle! That is the honest to God truth.

Reactions: lookleft goright
In my defense, I might have tried to rip my clothes off but did not have the strength as I missed my helping of butterscotch pudding. I will stand by Micco's statement made on this board more than once. I have never lost to ANYONE named Ferrari either freestyle or folkstyle! That is the honest to God truth.
I would be willing to bet you have never even been taken down by a guy named Ferrari.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT