ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Oliver Last Chance

turfpoke

All-American
Dec 10, 2003
Flo has posted wrestling for the last chance will be on May 6th beginning at 4am ET. Semifinals at 12 pm ET. Make the finals and he goes to the Olympics. No seeding. No true second.

Reactions: osu2082
Zain getting pinned by Argentina kept this weight from being qualified. JO will have some tough competition to make the finals in Budapest. I hope that he gets a good draw.

I can't begin to imagine the feeling of finally winning making the U.S. Olympic team and NOT being able to wrestle in the Olympics. I don't know much about international wrestling but it sounds like a pretty brutal tournament.

Think this is bad but don't follow international wrestling all that much.

Bad draw but still possible for JO to do it. The Uzbekistan wrestlers was up 8-0 in the semifinals of the Asian games and hit a duck for the Tech but was neck wrenched and pinned. Also he has never loss to an American.

Gadzhiev holds on and picks up a 3-2 win over Oliver. #WrestleSofia

Ya. Stinks the other side has the wrestler from Greece getting in.

Jordan needs to regroup and get 3rd. I assume he’d be first in line for the Olympics if someone can’t go.

Jordan needs to regroup and get 3rd. I assume he’d be first in line for the Olympics if someone can’t go.
no doubt

i wonder if someone doesn’t make weight he gets in?
no true second is BS

i hate it jordan lost

I think the country earns the qualification, not the individual. Meaning they can send a replacement (we could have sent McKenna if JO got hurt before the Olympics). In 2013, JB broke his ankle before Worlds and there was talk about Dake replacing him.

I think if the guy that beat JO had missed weight today, then JO would have been in. And also maybe if he failed a drug test during the competition.

Reactions: turfpoke
I think the country earns the qualification, not the individual. Meaning they can send a replacement (we could have sent McKenna if JO got hurt before the Olympics). In 2013, JB broke his ankle before Worlds and there was talk about Dake replacing him.

I think if the guy that beat JO had missed weight today, then JO would have been in. And also maybe if he failed a drug test during the competition.
that is how Zadick got into the tournament in Beijing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT