OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
June 17, 2021
Joe Biden hands Putin a target list
By Monica Showalter

As Barack Obama once said of Joe Biden: "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f--- things up."

That brings us to yesterday's Russia-U.S. bilateral summit in Geneva, and Biden doing what comes natural.

According to the Washington Examiner:

President Joe Biden told reporters Wednesday he gave Russian President Vladimir Putin a list of 16 critical infrastructure "entities" that must be "off-limits" to cyberattacks and hinted at major retaliation from the United States should Russia allow continued malign activity in the sphere.
Biden, speaking ahead of his press conference following a slate of bilateral meetings with Putin and Russian officials, claimed the topic of cybersecurity was included in a discussion on establishing a "mechanism" for "strategic stability."
"I talked about the proposition that certain critical infrastructure should be off-limits to attack, period, by cyber or any other means," the president stated. "I gave them a list, and I don't have it in front of me, if I am not mistaken, of 16 entities — 16 defined as critical infrastructure, from the energy sector to our water systems."
It was lunacy. Who hands a "killer" as Joe said earlier, or even a "worthy adversary" as our commander-in-chief said later, a "do not attack list," as if Putin would heed it with only the best of intentions?

Problems galore stand out with that approach, and they're all doozies.

First, Biden is giving Putin a "do not attack" list, informing Russia of where the U.S.'s worst vulnerabilities are. It's pretty much a target list, a declaration of America's biggest fears. That's pretty valuable intelligence for any "worthy adversary." That's information that spies pay big dollars for to their agents to get, and here Joe Biden just handed it to them without making them shell out. Scott Johnson at Power Line has the list of 16 from Biden's "do not attack" list here.

Second, it's also very naïve. Tell Putin where it hurts, Joe, and Putin will stay away, seems to be the logic. That's pretty comparable to Biden's announcing a U.S. pullout date in Afghanistan, offering the Taliban a convenient date for calculating a response. Our enemies thrive on such certainty. Yet here Joe goes, handing Putin a list of where it hurts most, and trusting in his good offices to refrain from cyber-attacks, based on a threat of retaliation.

Third, Biden seems to be saying that while 16 American industries, such as water and power and 14 others are all off limits to cyber-attacks, pretty much everything else is perfectly acceptable. No consequences for attacks on a retailer or a baseball team or anything one can anticipate didn't make the top-16 list, it seems — that's the implication. Picking and choosing who can't be a target and who can is not going to instill confidence in the American economy, even assuming that Putin does heed the Biden command.

Fourth, with the list of 16 in hand, it's only a matter of time before the list starts to leak out. Yes, it's already public, but Biden highlighted its importance. Biden has already cited water and energy as two targets off limits to Putin to cyber-attacks. That's sent a message to the world's hackers as well as China and North Korea to get busy, because if Biden doesn't want these targets attacked, then all the better to attack them. That's the logic of hackers and sovereign enemies, and they're not all Putin.

Two other issues muddle the picture, and they're problematic, too.

First, does Putin control the hackers? If so, he's got a list of targets for attack now, but if not, then the list is worthless because the hackers operate outside his control.

Putin, in fact, is still denying that he controls Russia's cyber-hacker rings that have already targeted a U.S. energy pipeline in the South and the U.S. meat industry in the recent past, which makes him hard to work with. Any attack at all is going to be denied, merited or not, so you can bet the 16 will be breached. Yet the question remains: does Putin control these people, or does he not? Does Putin control hackers in some place like Belarus, or North Macedonia, which is also where such attacks could originate? Does Putin control them in China? Seems we need some "root causes" here, as Kamala Harris likes to say, before we can go farther.

Does the U.S. have flawless intelligence on who is doing it? If so, why isn't the U.S. acting to stop just the culprits? It seems overly broad to blame a whole country for the actions of a few criminals and take hell-to-pay retaliation. It has high with potential for trouble, given that all of these attacks have happened undercover with complete deniability. It seems like a lot to threaten when the provenance of such attacks remains unclear.

Second, are Biden's threats even going to scare Putin? We also already know that even with a smoking gun on the matter of China and its creation of COVID in a Wuhan lab, Joe doesn't seem to be willing to take action. We also know that the U.S. sometimes gets faulty intelligence, as happened in the case of Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction. Biden's now vowing massive retaliation on Russia for any cyber-breach, verified or not verified, yet then said: "We'll find out whether we have a cyber-security arrangement that begins to bring some order," according to the Washington Examiner. Will that be before or after the boots on the ground and the flattening of cities, Joe?

It's obvious that the threats Biden is vowing are largely going to be read as toothless by Putin if that's what his plan is. It's unrealistic. And not only does it call to mind Obama's profane statement about Biden, but it also recalls former CIA director Bob Gates's statement — that Biden has been "wrong on nearly every foreign policy front."

He's beneath his office with this foolish list. And he's rapidly moving into the ranks of America's worst presidents.

a332f9905cfe3303.jpeg

Handing your enemy a target list is about as stupid as it gets. I would say treason, but Biden is just that dumb.
I think he probably is that dumb. I can’t help but believe he was handed that list by one of his handlers, that he barely knew what it was. I know the MSM will never tell us, they view their job is to protect the man as long as possible. But why isn’t “right wing media” investigating who his handlers are and what their background is and splashing it all over?

Last edited:
I think he probably is that dumb. I can’t help but believe he was handed that list by one of his handlers, that he barely knew what it was. I know the MSM will never tell us, they view their job is to protect the man as long as follows. But why isn’t “right wing media” investigating who his handlers are and what their background is and splashing it all over?
Republicans will wait until after 2022 to go after anything. Until then its just damage control.

If you give Putin a list of 16 things not to screw with doesn’t that imply you can screw with everything else? That comes off as so weak and pathetic IMO.

Plus, do you know Putin at all? More than anything he wants to look like a tough guy. What is tougher than telling the President of the US to piss off by screwing with something on his don’t screw list. I have zero confidence in Biden with respect to foreign policy.

If you give Putin a list of 16 things not to screw with doesn’t that imply you can screw with everything else? That comes off as so weak and pathetic IMO.

Plus, do you know Putin at all? More than anything he wants to look like a tough guy. What is tougher than telling the President of the US to piss off by screwing with something on his don’t screw list. I have zero confidence in Biden with respect to foreign policy.
Weak and pathetic would be not following through if Putin touches any of those 16 categories of infrastructure with overwhelming counter strikes. We shall see if Putin tests Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Weak and pathetic would be not following through if Putin touches any of those 16 categories of infrastructure with overwhelming counter strikes. We shall see if Putin tests Biden.

But why even give a list? I’d prefer him just say “if you mess with us, we are going f*ck you up.” I believe that type of strength is all a man like Putin understands or respects. Biden was right when he said Putin was a killer and couldn’t be trusted, have the strength to treat him that way.

But why even give a list? I’d prefer him just say “if you mess with us, we are going f*ck you up.” I believe that type of strength is all a man like Putin understands or respects. Biden was right when he said Putin was a killer and couldn’t be trusted, have the strength to treat him that way.
He handed our "enemy" and a "killer" a list of our most vulnerable sectors. Why on earth would you do this? Here mister murderer, a list of places we don't patrol. Make sure you don't commit a murder in them. Idiot... or should I say Idiots because we all know he isn't in charge, and a group behind the scenes are calling the shots.

Look, we aren't going to get all up in Russia's shit if the kiddos at Dragonfly DDOS Amazon.com. However, if they go after FAA infrastructure we will reign hellfire on their asses. If Crouching Yeti wants to take aim at Shell or BP they should expect a strong counteroffensive, but if they specifically target disrupting a major petrol delivery channel then Moscow will go dark for a good long while.

Clearly defining consequences and where the line is in everyone's interests. Just in general saying "don't **** with us" isn't going to change much of anything. This is why we have mutual defense treaties.

He handed our "enemy" and a "killer" a list of our most vulnerable sectors. Why on earth would you do this? Here mister murderer, a list of places we don't patrol. Make sure you don't commit a murder in them. Idiot... or should I say Idiots because we all know he isn't in charge, and a group behind the scenes are calling the shots.
How ****ing simpleton is it to believe that Russia did not already have a very good idea of our most vulnerable sectors?

Look, we aren't going to get all up in Russia's shit if the kiddos at Dragonfly DDOS Amazon.com. However, if they go after FAA infrastructure we will reign hellfire on their asses. If Crouching Yeti wants to take aim at Shell or BP they should expect a strong counteroffensive, but if they specifically target disrupting a major petrol delivery channel then Moscow will go dark for a good long while.

Clearly defining consequences and where the line is in everyone's interests. Just in general saying "don't **** with us" isn't going to change much of anything. This is why we have mutual defense treaties.
Uhhhhhh, are you aware of the zero consequences thus far for two major hacks in the past 30 days-ish? Those have been well vetted, no? What has the demented pedophile done but make loaded diapers and gibberish? I'm all ears if you have legit answers.

The prevailing pulse in the international community is that Biden looked like a straight up Barry style pussy on the world stage, and thoroughly clueless as well. Putin smoked you lefttards in a solo press conference because Pedo Joe was too frightened to do one jointly. I get that though. Can you imagine that embarrassment?

Sorry, Davey, but your gaslighting doesn't work here. Your state media has exposed itself. You're going to have to use your own brain to get any traction here.

Uhhhhhh, are you aware of the zero consequences thus far for two major hacks in the past 30 days-ish? Those have been well vetted, no? What has the demented pedophile done but make loaded diapers and gibberish? I'm all ears if you have legit answers.

The prevailing pulse in the international community is that Biden looked like a straight up Barry style pussy on the world stage, and thoroughly clueless as well. Putin smoked you lefttards in a solo press conference because Pedo Joe was too frightened to do one jointly. I get that though. Can you imagine that embarrassment?

Sorry, Davey, but your gaslighting doesn't work here. Your state media has exposed itself. You're going to have to use your own brain to get any traction here.

"Sorry, Davey, but your gaslighting doesn't work here. Your state media has exposed itself.
You're going to have to use your own brain to get any traction here."
tenor.gif

Imagine if you will, its WW2 and Biden is President. Biden sends Hitler a list of targets thats off limits to attack or bombing from the air. Which ones do you think Hitler would go after? The ones on the list or the ones not on the list?
We heard for 4 yrs and counting that Putin got Trump elected so one would think using that logic that the libtards would be at War with Russia? Biden hands Putin a list of Targets that we don't know if they are vulnerable to hacking or not and neither did Putin most likely until he got the list. Now which ones will Russia likely target?
We know we know, thats different.

Naive. And that is being generous.
I remember now why I don't respond to the moron in the corner. But thanks for the name-calling you have proven once again you don't know a thing. I'm sure your foreign policy knowledge doesn't go beyond which restaurant you would like to eat at. Enjoy your Chinese cuisine.

Where have I heard of these lines before? Maybe somewhere in the desert?

It is impressive that significant funds were recovered, no? That DarkSide is silent is indicative that perhaps a bit more damage was done that has been publicly released.

It is impressive that significant funds were recovered, no? That DarkSide is silent is indicative that perhaps a bit more damage was done that has been publicly released.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sure, dave. I'm sure Biden will handle Putin. Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Reactions: iasooner2000
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sure, dave. I'm sure Biden will handle Putin. Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!
Medic: Man those dudes totally got away with it - see how incompetent Biden is?
Dave: Dude, the Federalistas got a ton of the money back and DarkSide has gone silent. I wouldn't say they totally got away with it.
Medic: Putin > Biden. Pffffft!

You remind me of Bill the Cat.

7e0a2dd0bf3ed23a59f05c8153b88066.jpg

Medic: Man those dudes totally got away with it - see how incompetent Biden is?
Dave: Dude, the Federalistas got a ton of the money back and DarkSide has gone silent. I wouldn't say they totally got away with it.
Medic: Putin > Biden. Pffffft!

You remind me of Bill the Cat.

7e0a2dd0bf3ed23a59f05c8153b88066.jpg
Uh huh. If only Biden's track record wasn't public knowledge. But hey, you play that Pedonite and get them pesky russians once and for all.

It's embarrassing watching you guzzle from the spigots of your state media. Perfect useful idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT