ADVERTISEMENT

jesus is an american citizen

rmdelta1

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2003
35 years ago i hired a 18 year old illegal alien to work for my lawn maint. company. he had been in dallas, texas 1 day. fast forward 20 odd years.

my wife and i started working to get him, his wife and his brother green cards. his father, mario, became an american citizen with the reagan amnesty program. this was a big help.

lots of red tape. had to get a public drunkeness report from the city of dallas from 10 years before. the files were in a warehouse, but the charges had been dropped. proving that took almost 6 months and close to $1,000 dollars in city fees.

redtape redtape redtape. provided 3 years of my tax returns. they ran me and my wife through the computer used by the cia. jesus, blanca and his brother raggulio had to get expensive physicals. they had to get routine vaccinations that are not available in mexico.

thank god for an attorney in ft worth. she filed all the paperwork and sent a para legal to the final sit down with immigration. the immigration clerk made a mistake and took ragullio off in hand cuffs, but the paralegal challenged and the found the correct paper work. all three got approved and received green cards about 2 weeks later. that was 12 years ago.

i quickly turned the business over to jesus, my wife and i moved back to stillwater. 12 yrs later he is still mowing 400+ yards a week. never on welfare, never at the county hospital, filed taxes every year, never took a dime from the gov. he just worked the system and 30 odd years later, he is an american citizen.

i never advocated amnesty. i advocated a 10-15 yr plan for illegals. this would get them out of the shadows. it would let THEM work their way to citizenship. it would get them on our census and tax rolls.

they bought a house in my neigborhood and brought $80K in CASH to closing.

it took jesus, blanca and ragullio a little longer than 10-15 yrs, but they became american citizens. so proud of the them. the system does work.

all right, take your best shot

thots

Great story. I wrestled Jesus once at a dual. Came back from 5-1 down in 3rd to win. He did not turn any water into wine that day.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
35 years ago i hired a 18 year old illegal alien to work for my lawn maint. company. he had been in dallas, texas 1 day. fast forward 20 odd years.

my wife and i started working to get him, his wife and his brother green cards. his father, mario, became an american citizen with the reagan amnesty program. this was a big help.

lots of red tape. had to get a public drunkeness report from the city of dallas from 10 years before. the files were in a warehouse, but the charges had been dropped. proving that took almost 6 months and close to $1,000 dollars in city fees.

redtape redtape redtape. provided 3 years of my tax returns. they ran me and my wife through the computer used by the cia. jesus, blanca and his brother raggulio had to get expensive physicals. they had to get routine vaccinations that are not available in mexico.

thank god for an attorney in ft worth. she filed all the paperwork and sent a para legal to the final sit down with immigration. the immigration clerk made a mistake and took ragullio off in hand cuffs, but the paralegal challenged and the found the correct paper work. all three got approved and received green cards about 2 weeks later. that was 12 years ago.

i quickly turned the business over to jesus, my wife and i moved back to stillwater. 12 yrs later he is still mowing 400+ yards a week. never on welfare, never at the county hospital, filed taxes every year, never took a dime from the gov. he just worked the system and 30 odd years later, he is an american citizen.

i never advocated amnesty. i advocated a 10-15 yr plan for illegals. this would get them out of the shadows. it would let THEM work their way to citizenship. it would get them on our census and tax rolls.

it took jesus, blanca and ragullio a little longer than 10-15 yrs, but they became american citizens. so proud of the them. the system does work.

thots

Exactly how it should work. Congrats to you and I applaud your patience in dealing with the government's immigration service as its one of the most convoluted processes government has ever created (and that's saying something).

thots

you have the right to remain silent…

I think it takes too long and is too expensive. I don’t have any solutions.

I do think, though, a foreigner who can get a job with a Big 4 accounting firm, for example, can be fast tracked. In fact, if you put some of the discovery work on some of these large professional firms and hospitals, you could fast track the people we want to come here. A firm like Deloitte would create a department and foot the bill for it. So, in effect, the private sector could do a job for the government, and do it cheaper and without taxpayer dollars, and be more effective.

Reactions: Syskatine
I think it takes too long and is too expensive. I don’t have any solutions.

I do think, though, a foreigner who can get a job with a Big 4 accounting firm, for example, can be fast tracked. In fact, if you put some of the discovery work on some of these large professional firms and hospitals, you could fast track the people we want to come here. A firm like Deloitte would create a department and foot the bill for it. So, in effect, the private sector could do a job for the government, and do it cheaper and without taxpayer dollars, and be more effective.
Something maybe like the H1-B process?

Reactions: Syskatine
the h1b process would not work. i tried. i need my 12 guys ready to rock and roll by the first of feb. ran $1000 ad in the dallas morning news, got no response except parolees livng in gainsville or ardmore. i'd tell them to meet me at 6 oclock. their reply? in the morning? yes asshole, we start at 6am.

the fed would say, "you'll have your guys between march 1st and june first. that would not work for seasonal lawn maint.

again, i tried.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I don’t know that process but whatever it is it is too slow and expensive.
Agreed. It was a much better run process in the 90's. Obama opened it up fairly dramatically and took a lot of hits from the right for doing so. Trump over-rotated and created a complete cluster. Biden likely won't make a ton of changes anytime soon given Covid, but it is ripe for an overhaul.

complete cluster??? have you seen what is happening on the tejas border?

your boy biden is screaming about covid hoping we won't notice the shyt show going on at the tejas border, and the crime rate going through the roof. delay deflect delay deflect.
sos

come on mid terms (how do you turn bold off?)

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Obama opened it up fairly dramatically and took a lot of hits from the right for doing so. Trump over-rotated and created a complete cluster. Biden likely won't make a ton of changes anytime soon given Covid

dave our resident ccp/dnc google shill is creating common ground is comical

otard did this and was put upon the cross
by the “right”

trump “over rotates” is that ccp/google for asks congress to write a law he can sign?

biden won’t make any changes
meaning there are 1.7M illegal immigrants since biden didn’t change anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT