ADVERTISEMENT

Jenks SE Neighborhoods

Mario_C

Commitment
Mar 7, 2011
Looking to buy a house in Jenks SE elementary area...

Has any one lived, or known someone who lived, in the neighborhoods south of 111th off of Riverside drive?

Looking at the Waterstone neighborhood and the multi-neighborhood complex that has varying names of "Wind River, Cross Timbers, etc" (there are like 5 or 6 gated communities that all run together in a square mile (ish) area.

Looking for any insight on what the HOA's are like, how bad traffic was around there, any crime, etc. Essentially, aspects of living in this area that are NOT readily apparent from an MLS listing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Lived in that part of town most of my life, even grew up there. I am definitely biased, but I think data backs me up saying that Jenks SE Elementary is the top or, at least very near top, public elementary school in the state. I am a big fan of Jenks SE.

I can’t say traffic is a problem anywhere in Tulsa, but certainly there is a slight slow-down during rush hours to get to the Creek Turnpike due to B2B stop lights at 101st and then at Creek Turnpike entrance.

Wind River is the name of the multiple housing divisions. I don’t live it that one, but it built up fast. I nearly bought a lot there when there were not any homes and that was just 16 years ago. Wind River has some homes well over $1M, but the Cross Timber’s section has homes in $400Ks, and there is the new Wind River Crossing area as well.

Waterstone is older than Wind River, but also has nice homes - but also a much smaller subdivision. Like Wind River, a few homes over $1M, but most are $500k-$700k.

What price level and what size home are you looking for? There are several other subdivisions that may meet your liking.
The Tradition: like Wind River, but even newer. Three smaller subdivisions. ($650K to over a million)
Forest Oaks: If you like large lots, but homes are older (built in 70s and 80s).
Hunters Bend, Castle Park, Forest Meadows: Homes built in mid-90s. Can find homes between $270-$400k.

I think you are a little biased or maybe out of date , I can't find any numbers that say SE is the top elementary school in Oklahoma.

Jenks SE is a phenomenal elementary school. The district as a whole has changed much quicker than many have anticipated and is facing some of those issues (and will continue to) but SE has been less affected.

That area is a very nice area with very nice homes but traffic is an issue. 20 Saturdays a year (MTSC youth soccer) that area is terrible and rush hour M-F can be pretty rough.

There are other SE area I would choose over this area and would also look into two other schools districts if I was “open” in that regard.

I live in SE district near 107th and Yale. Know plenty of people that live over there and I know there was a lot of panic during the last big flood.

Traffic really only bad during soccer Saturdays and school drop off.

Crime is low. I would say there are no bad neighborhoods in the SE zone.

Curious why you’re specifically looking in that area?

Looking to buy a house in Jenks SE elementary area...

Has any one lived, or known someone who lived, in the neighborhoods south of 111th off of Riverside drive?

Looking at the Waterstone neighborhood and the multi-neighborhood complex that has varying names of "Wind River, Cross Timbers, etc" (there are like 5 or 6 gated communities that all run together in a square mile (ish) area.

Looking for any insight on what the HOA's are like, how bad traffic was around there, any crime, etc. Essentially, aspects of living in this area that are NOT readily apparent from an MLS listing.

Thanks!

All--thank you for the feedback.

The house we are looking for must have a master and guest suite on the first floor and, due to low inventory on the market, there aren't many that have these features. I'm not necessarily focused on the "smallish" geographical area referenced (south Riverside), it's just that this floorplan seems to be more common in these developments.

Throughout the entire Jenks SE elementary school district, the houses that have caught our eye, tend to be 550K to 825K (ish). The ones in the 550K range need some updating and over 700K are, for the most part, move in ready.

In Waterstone, the lots are painfully small, but the houses are nicer (on average) than most of what we looked at in the Wind River neighborhoods. As far as other areas, I like the larger lots with more established trees that are more between 101 to 115ish and Yale to Memorial, but most on the market in the last few months didn't have master and guest rooms on first floor or were pretty dated (1995ish interiors).

OSU2082 - what are the other districts you would recommend (you referenced "two")? Also, curious what issues you are referencing that the district is facing due to change?

All--thank you for the feedback.

The house we are looking for must have a master and guest suite on the first floor and, due to low inventory on the market, there aren't many that have these features. I'm not necessarily focused on the "smallish" geographical area referenced (south Riverside), it's just that this floorplan seems to be more common in these developments.

Throughout the entire Jenks SE elementary school district, the houses that have caught our eye, tend to be 550K to 825K (ish). The ones in the 550K range need some updating and over 700K are, for the most part, move in ready.

In Waterstone, the lots are painfully small, but the houses are nicer (on average) than most of what we looked at in the Wind River neighborhoods. As far as other areas, I like the larger lots with more established trees that are more between 101 to 115ish and Yale to Memorial, but most on the market in the last few months didn't have master and guest rooms on first floor or were pretty dated (1995ish interiors).

OSU2082 - what are the other districts you would recommend (you referenced "two")? Also, curious what issues you are referencing that the district is facing due to change?

Depending on age of kids Bixby and Owasso would be under consideration for me. Jenks is still a fantastic district and SE is as good as it gets from an ES but the district has seen a somewhat dramatic shift in demographic which will continue to grow. There are some built in protections but it would be a slight concern if I had young kids and were deciding on where to send them.

I’m still a fan of the district it just wouldn’t be my #1 choice. I work with several area districts and would be happy to answer more questions offline . There are also several good private options which may become increasingly attractive to young families if our state doesn’t get its act together.

Jenks SE is a phenomenal elementary school. The district as a whole has changed much quicker than many have anticipated and is facing some of those issues (and will continue to) but SE has been less affected.

That area is a very nice area with very nice homes but traffic is an issue. 20 Saturdays a year (MTSC youth soccer) that area is terrible and rush hour M-F can be pretty rough.

There are other SE area I would choose over this area and would also look into two other schools districts if I was “open” in that regard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not a nice school or that Jenks isn't, Ive heard good things about both. Just saying I could not find any data backing up his claim that it was the best in the state by any measure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not a nice school or that Jenks isn't, Ive heard good things about both. Just saying I could not find any data backing up his claim that it was the best in the state by any measure.
I don’t remember specifics. But I do remember (maybe 7 or 8 years ago) that when the state announced its scoring system Jenks SE was one of several schools with a perfect score for that year. The Jenks SE administration was celebrating because they were the only school with a perfect score for 4 consecutive years.
‘And the year after that they were designated a National Blue Ribbon School by US Dept of Ed (two other OK elementary schools were also designated).

Southeast is the school it is because of good teachers but it also has a lot of parental involvement. You get out what you put in.

Reactions: cableok
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT