ADVERTISEMENT

It's rude

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
Large sign on the door of my office saying that masks required for entry.
Couple shows up without masks.
Employee brings them two disposable masks to put on.
Wife makes no attempt to mask up. Husband puts his on his chin but leaves mouth and nose out.
During conversation, they reveal themselves to be "crazy OU fans".

Now, I can make a stink about it (chose not to), but I shouldn't have to. Personally, I don't care if anyone wears masks now that numbers are dropping quickly, I am fully vaccinated, and all of my employees are at least 1 dose into the process. But, its not that tough to not be an asshole. Just put the mask on for a few minutes, even if you don't want to or don't believe in their effectiveness.

Large sign on the door of my office saying that masks required for entry.
Couple shows up without masks.
Employee brings them two disposable masks to put on.
Wife makes no attempt to mask up. Husband puts his on his chin but leaves mouth and nose out.
During conversation, they reveal themselves to be "crazy OU fans".

Now, I can make a stink about it (chose not to), but I shouldn't have to. Personally, I don't care if anyone wears masks now that numbers are dropping quickly, I am fully vaccinated, and all of my employees are at least 1 dose into the process. But, its not that tough to not be an asshole. Just put the mask on for a few minutes, even if you don't want to or don't believe in their effectiveness.

That’s the crap that pisses me off. It’s your place, if they don’t like it they can GTFO. They’re goons though rules don’t apply to them.

Reactions: AC2020 and Pokewood
This is what I was wondering. If you have a mask policy then enforce it. I get so tired of wearing my mask in the store only to see half the people in there are with out mask and I mean no mask at all. We can’t have chaos people. Either no one wears a mask or we all do.

Pretty simplistic look at the situation. Sign on the door which is extremely obvious. We handed them two disposable unused masks. To any reasonable human, that would send the message that masks are expected to be worn. As the owner of a small business, it is not very easy to tell them to put the mask on or hit the road. It is shitty to put me in that position. It's certainly not as easy as saying "just enforce it". Only an asshole would put me in a position where I need to be an asshole to him/her on their first visit to my facility.

Edit to add: Big difference between WalMart, Home Depot, etc and a small business with < 10 customers inside at any given time.

Last edited:
Pretty simplistic look at the situation. Sign on the door which is extremely obvious. We handed them two disposable unused masks. To any reasonable human, that would send the message that masks are expected to be worn. As the owner of a small business, it is not very easy to tell them to put the mask on or hit the road. It is shitty to put me in that position. It's certainly not as easy as saying "just enforce it". Only an asshole would put me in a position where I need to be an asshole to him/her on their first visit to my facility.

Edit to add: Big difference between WalMart, Home Depot, etc and a small business with < 10 customers inside at any given time.
If you aren’t willing to enforce it though, why have the rule?

I get it’s a tough spot you’re put in but with the way you want to handle it, your sign should just be a recommendation.

They did try to enforce it by bringing them masks and asking them to put them on. He took it to the point he was comfortable taking the confrontation.

Reactions: Pokewood
They did try to enforce it by bringing them masks and asking them to put them on. He took it to the point he was comfortable taking the confrontation.
Exactly. Not sure why this is hard to understand. It’s just poor form and disrespectful.
We have a sign on the door stating that dogs must be on a leash. If a client comes in with their dog off leash, we take a leash to them. You know what they do? They put their dog on a leash. It’s the same thing, except it hasn’t been politicized, so no one feels the need to push the envelope.

like most people they believe it’s their world and everyone else is just living in it. I would have asked them politely to put them on. If not told them politely to **** off. During high school and college I worked in the service insudstry and can’t tell you how many people thought that an establishment was bound by divine law to serve them. Part of me has always wanted a small burger shack or something just to tell people to pound sand soup Nazi style . (Fully realize I wouldn’t be in business long)

I moved from manufacturing to finance 2 years ago and have really been taken aback by how rude people can be over the smallest things. I was a waiter at Pizza Hut in HS so I’d dealt with it some but I didn’t figure the same rudeness would translate from fast food to a professional setting. Turns out it does.

Exactly. Not sure why this is hard to understand. It’s just poor form and disrespectful.
We have a sign on the door stating that dogs must be on a leash. If a client comes in with their dog off leash, we take a leash to them. You know what they do? They put their dog on a leash. It’s the same thing, except it hasn’t been politicized, so no one feels the need to push the envelope.
What would you do if they won’t put the leash on?

I appreciate that you offered them free masks. I went to a liquor store the other day in Edmond. Didn’t have a mask with me. They were charging $3 for a disposable mask. So I went to the car and grabbed a skull cap and held it over my face. They kicked me out.

Animals-Face-Mask-ASIAWIRE-4.jpg

ca69cdd9-c4e0-4428-b42c-70dafff93113-VPC_CORONAVIRUS_DOG_MASKS_WIDE_FROM_GOOD_AIR_TEAM_WIDE.jpg

Quite honestly, his place, his rules. Of course I'm a little bias as I drive about 30 miles just to take my dog to him because he and his staff are pretty kick arse (at least not the ones that steal drugs). Liberal politics be damned, he's a damn good vet :) Having my dog on a leash is just smart considering how close his office is to a busy street and wearing a mask is a small ask for as good of care as they provide for my dog.

Quite honestly, his place, his rules. Of course I'm a little bias as I drive about 30 miles just to take my dog to him because he and his staff are pretty kick arse (at least not the ones that steal drugs). Liberal politics be damned, he's a damn good vet :) Having my dog on a leash is just smart considering how close his office is to a busy street and wearing a mask is a small ask for as good of care as they provide for my dog.
Any reasonable liberal or conservative agrees. My house my rules.

Did you require them to be vaccinated to work for you?

No. But I strongly encouraged each of them to get vaccinated, and made it clear to them that clients would be coming back into the building soon. There is no way to socially distance in a small exam room, and there is not a lot of open space in the lobby either. There were only 2 employees that weren't anxious to get vaccinated, but I think it was more about procrastination than actual concerns about the vaccine.

Don't think it's an ou thing - some great ou patriots on the 24/7 board. It's a big FU to the media, corrupt govt, corrupt vaccine propagandist CDC, and people accomadating (sp?) the BS plandemic - many of us don't need nor want nanny govt telling us when we can open, who can open, who has to wear masks, we are anti this control movement and the people letting them do this to us.

Heard the one about the parents in Florida that took their students masks and sent off to the lab to get tested? And what was found? I own a biz and no way would I require to do something like mandate putting a cloth over your face to enter my biz. By the same token I didn't make the gullible that came in with cloth on their face leave or call them out.

Last edited:
No. But I strongly encouraged each of them to get vaccinated, and made it clear to them that clients would be coming back into the building soon. There is no way to socially distance in a small exam room, and there is not a lot of open space in the lobby either. There were only 2 employees that weren't anxious to get vaccinated, but I think it was more about procrastination than actual concerns about the vaccine.
Do you know what in the shots? Do know long term what can happen to those taking the shots? Are you aware that over 6000 have died (that has been reported), are you aware that with clotting issues from the shots many cannot fly due to the altitude? Do you know if the shots even help statistically any? I'm saying you don't since the other side of this is being censored to no end.

Point being- just bc media and Big corporations are pushing the shot- you should advise people to take it? Are you worried about getting sued by one of your employees when they take it and have adverse reactions?

Do you know what in the shots? Do know long term what can happen to those taking the shots? Are you aware that over 6000 have died (that has been reported), are you aware that with clotting issues from the shots many cannot fly due to the altitude? Do you know if the shots even help statistically any? I'm saying you don't since the other side of this is being suppressed to no end.

Point being- just bc media and Big corporations are pushing the shot- you should advise people to take it? Are you worried about getting sued by one of your employees when they take it and have adverse reactions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT