ADVERTISEMENT

Ithaca

threadpoke

Commitment
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2003
Does anyone have any experience with Ithaca shotguns? I've been looking at a few of them, but don't know a lot about the quality / reliability. Looked at a M51 semi-auto 12 gauge yesterday, but reviews online talk about issues with breakage and trouble finding parts, due to it being older and discontinued. I might be leaning more towards one of their 37 pump action. Anyways, any info would be helpful at this point.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 8/4 8:12 AM by threadpoke

This post was edited on 8/4 8:13 AM by threadpoke

I used to have an old pump someone gave me, and it was "servicable" but never really liked it that much. It was never very smooth in ejecting shells and the action felt harsh. My old Remington 870 beat it hands down. They are not known for fancy nor for upper end guns, of course, but for a first gun, or if your not shooting it alot, they might do nicely. Others may have other opinions. They tend to be affordable. They do have a custom shop and you might find a jewel sometime. I think you're on the right track doing searches and hopefully you can get good info on the specific model you're interested in.
Good luck!

TCP

Ive got a Model 37 featherlite pump and I really like it. Its very light and a great quail gun. (20ga w Improved cyl) Definately better/more expensive guns out there tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT