ADVERTISEMENT

Is this true History peeps?

Man it seems most of the people are ok paying 25-30 plus percent federal taxes and property taxes and state taxes and sales taxes and auto reg taxes every time a car is sold et al to the imph power . Doesn't have to be this way- it's theft- PERIOD.

Just think if there was zero Federal taxes and zero state and property taxes. We didn't pay for retirement for career politicians - I myself could use another 20-30 percent of what I make that I Pay for bureaupukes to waste it.

Man it seems most of the people are ok paying 25-30 plus percent federal taxes and property taxes and state taxes and sales taxes and auto reg taxes every time a car is sold et al to the imph power . Doesn't have to be this way- it's theft- PERIOD.

Just think if there was zero Federal taxes and zero state and property taxes. We didn't pay for retirement for career politicians - I myself could use another 20-30 percent of what I make that I Pay for bureaupukes to waste it.
Clearly there are people who are good with this. Just look at states like NY or California. They completely support the proposed tax hikes, and per MSNBC, it would raise some of their tax rates to over 60%.

The first income tax was implemented in 1861 to pay for the Civil War. It was 3% on incomes over $800 and was repealed in 1872 by the Grant Administration. After ratification of the 16th Amendment, Congress passed the Revenue Act that established what we now know as income tax. It was originally 1% on incomes over $3000, effecting approximately 3% of the population. The original intention sold to the public was to reduce tariffs that politicians of the time said were unfair to consumers.
If anything people should learn that when government tells you something only effect a small percentage of people what they really mean is the cost will eventually rise to effect anyone that is productive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT