ADVERTISEMENT

Is Legislation Good When Half The Country Opposes It

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010
Watching the Democrats and this ridiculous voting bill they are trying to shove down our throats got me to thinking about this. IMO the only good legislation is legislation that the majority of the country can support.

Watching the Democrats and this ridiculous voting bill they are trying to shove down our throats got me to thinking about this. IMO the only good legislation is legislation that the majority of the country can support.
Pretty presumptive to think your opinion is automagically 50%...

What polling shows 50% disapprove? This data shows only 21% opposed it.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
I’m sure the legislation is a joke, however I can’t think of an issue off the top of my head that an overwhelming majority of the American people would get behind...we are divided and Biden and the other clowns in DC won’t be changing that. Will be interesting to see who capitalizes on this

I’m sure the legislation is a joke, however I can’t think of an issue off the top of my head that an overwhelming majority of the American people would get behind...we are divided and Biden and the other clowns in DC won’t be changing that. Will be interesting to see who capitalizes on this
And yet, voting reform has overwhelming support.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Ford signed the Metric Changeover Act in 1975. Over half the country opposed.

From 1991 to April, 2003, I had a front row seat watching the millions upon millions of dollars it cost Americans being out of step with the world.

Sometimes legislation is good when half the country opposes.

Republican presidential candidates won a majority one time in 30 years. How about electing presidents with less than a majority?

Every law is passed by a majority, just not the majority you want.

You are partial right and wrong at the same time, I want all of the legislation in this country to go through the legislative process including the 60 vote threshold in the Senate. I don't care which party holds the majority the 60 vote threshold is IMO imperative to the proper function of our government. Unlike leftist I do not support one party running rough shod over the minority with a simple majority vote, even when my preferred party is in power.
Personally my idea of the perfect make up of Congress in a two party system is an exact 50/50 split with the firm rule on every piece of legislation or nomination requiring at a bare minimum 60% to pass.

You are partial right and wrong at the same time, I want all of the legislation in this country to go through the legislative process including the 60 vote threshold in the Senate. I don't care which party holds the majority the 60 vote threshold is IMO imperative to the proper function of our government. Unlike leftist I do not support one party running rough shod over the minority with a simple majority vote, even when my preferred party is in power.
Personally my idea of the perfect make up of Congress in a two party system is an exact 50/50 split with the firm rule on every piece of legislation or nomination requiring at a bare minimum 60% to pass.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT