ADVERTISEMENT

IRS Job Posting: Must Be Willing To Use Deadly Force

IRS has purchased over 700,000 rounds of ammo. Also, why can the IRS use deadly force but our law enforcement is frowned upon for doing it?
Where are you seeing they purchased 700k rounds?

I think you are reading too much into the job description. I took it as them letting potential applicants know this is a dangerous job that may require them to use deadly force, not come join the IRS so you can kill people for not paying their taxes.

Reactions: Medic007
Where are you seeing they purchased 700k rounds?

I think you are reading too much into the job description. I took it as them letting potential applicants know this is a dangerous job that may require them to use deadly force, not come join the IRS so you can kill people for not paying their taxes.
They buy ammo in bulk regularly for firearms training. I have no idea what their consumption is, but buying 700k a year wouldn't surprise me.

Disregard what I believe and disregard your emotional problem with what you call conspiricy theorists. Let’s assume you’re right and they can’t get the whole 87,000 hired in time. What’s your acceptable number of extra armed IRS agents patrolling the populace? At what point would you, a seriously non-conspiricy theorist, say maybe there’s government overreach. And what would be your plan to disarm the gun toting IRS agents that you found to be an excessive number?
You still thinking this job description applies to the entire increase in IRS staffing? That's idiotic.

Maintaining the necessary fitness does not necessarily apply when the guy is shooting back at you. It’s just a random thought I had. I think that one question by itself will appeal to a certain type of “bully” personality, not particularly one I’d want to enforce a law by obeying orders without question. I think this whole thing is a terrible, horrible idea. Unfortunately my opinion has not been asked for by those with power.
Unfortunately you've taken a click bait headline at face value. That's the real tragedy here.

Maintaining the necessary fitness does not necessarily apply when the guy is shooting back at you.
It actually does. Trying to get physically fit while being shot at is not a winning scenario thus the requirement of maintaining necessary fitness as an ongoing part of the job. If you want to be a couch potato and weigh 500 lbs, that's probably not a good job fit for you.

They buy ammo in bulk regularly for firearms training. I have no idea what their consumption is, but buying 700k a year wouldn't surprise me.
At about 100-150 rounds a week/per agent it would service around 100 agents. Depends on their regiment. I would expect IRS agents to shoot once a month for proficiency, if that. So probably 400-500 agents, spread out over the entire country.

That being said, the IRS does not need any gun carrying agents, just like many other agencies in the US government that have no business carrying a firearm. I'm for the public being armed to the teeth not he federal government. The government belongs to the people, the people don't belong to the government. IRS agents that are armed does not reflect that idea.

In countries outside of the US the people are subservient to whoever is possessing the guns. I used to believe that was not true in the US, that we were above that. But the events of the last 15 years have made me rethink this assumption. It also makes me wonder if OBL got what he wanted, regardless of his status pushing up daisies.

Edit: fixed the "per agent" that was lacking. Thank You Medic.

Last edited:
It actually does. Trying to get physically fit while being shot at is not a winning scenario thus the requirement of maintaining necessary fitness as an ongoing part of the job. If you want to be a couch potato and weigh 500 lbs, that's probably not a good job fit for you.
Sorry, I didn’t make my point clearly. All I’m trying to say is no matter how fit you are you can’t dodge a bullet.

At about 100-150 rounds a week would service around 100 agents.
Uhhhhhhh, so firearms proficiency can be attained with 1 to 1.5 rounds per week per agent? Are you serious, Clark? I'm going to assume you know nothing about qualifying with a firearm for any law enforcement agency.

I won't argue anything else you posted except that if IRS CI agents are expected to be in harm's way, they should be armed.

Sorry, I didn’t make my point clearly. All I’m trying to say is no matter how fit you are you can’t dodge a bullet.
I wouldn't expect someone who has never been in harm's way due to their line of work to think any differently, Dan. Nobody is talking about dodging bullets but you. That's just stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Uhhhhhhh, so firearms proficiency can be attained with 1 to 1.5 rounds per week per agent? Are you serious, Clark? I'm going to assume you know nothing about qualifying with a firearm for any law enforcement agency.

I won't argue anything else you posted except that if IRS CI agents are expected to be in harm's way, they should be armed.
OK you got me on that one, I meant to put a "per" in there which is highly contextual.

OK you got me on that one, I meant to put a "per" in there which is highly contextual.
It really isn't. Many law enforcement agencies, feds included, require monthly training and quarterly qualification. Monthly training can involve more than 500 rounds of ammo per officer, and most agencies require qualification on pistol, shotgun, and rifle. I know of officers that shoot a cumulative 1,000+ rounds per month. Any agency skimping on rounds for training is asking for trouble.

It really isn't. Many law enforcement agencies, feds included, require monthly training and quarterly qualification. Monthly training can involve more than 500 rounds of ammo per officer, and most agencies require qualification on pistol, shotgun, and rifle.
At about 100-150 rounds a week per agent that would be about 500 rounds a month. Although, once you achieve a certain level of proficiency, I would say they don't need as much to maintain it. To get better yes to just keep your proficiency no.

Reactions: Corndog2021
At about 100-150 rounds a week per agent that would be about 500 rounds a month. Although, once you achieve a certain level of proficiency, I would say they don't need as much to maintain it. To get better yes to just keep your proficiency no.
It's clear that you don't know anything about firearm proficiency. Maintaining proficiency is more difficult than initial attainment. You should try a Google search on the subject.

If it helps, unlike civilians, LEOs have to account for every round fired. Imagine that under the actual stress of combat.

How many rounds do you think the US military shoots per soldier?

It's clear that you don't know anything about firearm proficiency. Maintaining proficiency is more difficult than initial attainment. You should try a Google search on the subject.
What kind of proficiency are you wanting an IRS agent to maintain? We are not talking SS or Navy seals here.

I have never had a problem maintaining my proficiency with much less than that.

Coarse if you can't, try glasses or see your optometrist.

Per weapons platform...

If you carry a .40 as primary, a .357 as secondary, have a shotgun and a rifle, what does that bring your monthly total to? Now do the math per month per officer.
Non medic as usual thinks he knows everything and knows diddly poo except how to carry water for big govt and big Harma- the normie of all Normies.

Convincing everyone iIRS mafia agents need to be Rambo lmao

What kind of proficiency are you wanting an IRS agent to maintain? We are not talking SS or Navy seals here.

I have never had a problem maintaining my proficiency with much less than that.

Coarse if you can't, try glasses or see your optometrist.
Well, if an IRS agent is going to be carrying a gun, should their proficiency standards be lower than any other LEO carrying a gun? Hopefully "yes" isn't your answer.

The Navy Seal/SS isn't valid in the civilian arena, but I'll play. How many rounds per month do you think Navy Seals and Special Forces operators go through?

I'm going on record to state that you've never shot to qualify for LEO proficiency standards. If you had, we wouldn't be having this silly conversation.

Per weapons platform...

If you carry a .40 as primary, a .357 as secondary, have a shotgun and a rifle, what does that bring your monthly total to? Now do the math per month per officer.
So you want and think an irs agent is carrying two pistols of different calibers (which is just plain stupid) a shotgun and a rifle? These are not police officers in a patrol car either. They will qual on a .9, be issued a .9, and we will hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot in the range.

Well, if an IRS agent is going to be carrying a gun, should their proficiency standards be lower than any other LEO carrying a gun? Hopefully "yes" isn't your answer.

The Navy Seal/SS isn't valid in the civilian arena, but I'll play. How many rounds per month do you think Navy Seals and Special Forces operators go through?

I'm going on record to state that you've never shot to qualify for LEO proficiency standards. If you had, we wouldn't be having this silly conversation.
Only ones need that much practice are those that will never make it anyways- I can take a tick off your ear at 100 yards and I shoot 40 rounds per year with a given weapon- at least till the boat tipped over and lost them
All- if you'd like to volunteer on the tick shot
I promise I won't miss🤪

No I have not qualified on civilian LEO proficiency standards.

We wouldn't be having this silly conversation if you just would have said your welcome and we can move on. Instead you decided to slap your dick on the table, so I figured thats the conversation you wanted.

To use a couple of old Fox words from the last century, "pork dicks" need not apply.

2022 Fox update: pork whatever need not apply.

So you want and think an irs agent is carrying two pistols of different calibers (which is just plain stupid) a shotgun and a rifle? These are not police officers in a patrol car either. They will qual on a .9, be issued a .9, and we will hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot in the range.
Oh boy. I don't know a single LEO that carries a single pistol. Ever heard of a backup firearm? I'm guessing despite your firearm proficiency the answer is no. And you clearly have no clue what the IRS CI role is. DodgeAllen it. You might learn something.

And yes, shotguns and especially rifles are very common in law enforcement these days. Criminals have beefed up their arsenals. LEOs have too. Circle back to the Hollywood bank robbery and get back to me.

No I have not qualified on civilian LEO proficiency standards.

We wouldn't be having this silly conversation if you just would have said your welcome and we can move on. Instead you decided to slap your dick on the table, so I figured thats the conversation you wanted.
"Civilian" LEO proficiency standards? Huh? LEO standards are for LEO, which are much higher than any "civilian" standards I'm aware of (hint...there aren't any official civilian standards).

Your second paragraph makes zero sense. I know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry that's an issue for you.

The number one thing the deep state needs and can't do without are the extorted Monies they steal from WTP everyday......we've been brainwashed to think it's ok but now we see what's going on.

Take away their stolen money- they make NONE FOR THEMSELVES ONLY TAKE OURS....take away their (our) money and they can't do horrible things with it

Yep, in Texas before the Railroads had their own Police they were under the Texas Rangers known as Special Rangers and got their Police Powers from the Rangers but were not actually Rangers. And as Medic said you would never be likely to run into one unless you were doing something illegal on Railroad Property.
Here is a badge I used to have that came from a retired Special Ranger. Was made by Haltom of Ft. Worth and was sterling silver.

FZ6kcHCXwAItzk2
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is still special commissioning Cattle Rangers that are paid by the Southwestern and Texas Cattleman’s Association and Oil and Gas Rangers in the same manner.

They are commissioned and get their law enforcement authority through the OSBI, but they are not employees of the agency. The functional equivalent of a old west posse. It think the Texas Rangers actually also special commission the same Cattle Rangers as the OSBI so they can have jurisdiction to engage in cattle theft and other special investigation across state lines.

And do we really believe a man breached the POS FBI building with a nail gun?!

Beware the false flags- they be attempting another Entrapment like J6 and Dim Whitmer

Don't believe most all of the fake news media nor these infiltrated corrupt govt entities who take our billions and trillions they steal from us and go after us - just don't do it

"Civilian" LEO proficiency standards? Huh? LEO standards are for LEO, which are much higher than any "civilian" standards I'm aware of (hint...there aren't any official civilian standards).

Your second paragraph makes zero sense. I know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry that's an issue for you.
I'll tell you what, I'm tired. You can win your gorila dick measuring contest. I'm not that interested in that these days. I like and respect your posts, have a nice LEO day.

I'll tell you what, I'm tired. You can win your gorila dick measuring contest. I'm not that interested in that these days. I like and respect your posts, have a nice LEO day.
I'm not trying to be a dick to you. At all.

But if anyone is going to carry a firearm as part of their job description, it should be expected, even demanded without exception, that they have the highest level of firearms training available. That's what the professional standards are based upon.

And do we really believe a man breached the POS FBI building with a nail gun?!

Beware the false flags- they be attempting another Entrapment like J6 and Dim Whitmer

Don't believe most all of the fake news media nor these infiltrated corrupt govt entities who take our billions and trillions they steal from us and go after us - just don't do it

there are hundreds of millions of people in this country you don’t think ONE of them could be nuts

I wouldn't expect someone who has never been in harm's way due to their line of work to think any differently, Dan. Nobody is talking about dodging bullets but you. That's just stupid.
I’ll grant you it’s been a little over 50 years since I shot at others while they were shooting back at me, but I do have a little experience with the situation. I did not intend to make a big deal out of this, it was just something I thought of. It’s one thing to prance around like a tough guy because you’ve got a gun, and quite another when you’re hiding behind a rock as you hear bullets whiz by your head. That’s the only point I’ve been trying (unsuccessfully) to make. So it might be best to explain that to people applying for a job because they are attracted to the thought they get to use deadly force.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corndog2021
You still thinking this job description applies to the entire increase in IRS staffing? That's idiotic.
I’ll ask you the same questions I asked of someone else earlier: what’s your number of acceptable newly armed IRS agents? If it is true (it’s not true, but let’s ptetend it is) how many people making over 400k/year do you and the IRS think will turn violent when an agent knocks on their door? How many owners at their small businesses will start shooting when an agent drives up? What’s your number, David? Has the IRS said what its number is? What if its number is significantly higher than yours? Would you be okay with that? (Well, I admit that’s a stupid question, of course you would be.). What’s your plan to disarm the excessive number of armed and primed for violence government agents? Maybe my concern is not as idiotic as you want to believe.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you. At all.

But if anyone is going to carry a firearm as part of their job description, it should be expected, even demanded without exception, that they have the highest level of firearms training available. That's what the professional standards are based upon.
But you are a dick- a self absorbed know it all dick that takes a bunch of experimental shots and tells others to- that tells everyone enough about you and your holier than thou POS supporting entities that you are.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT