ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

I saw the press release and they are saying 2023-24 will be there first season. I bet we have a women's head coach and team same year or before!

I think we will have women's wrestling at OSU one day. I would be shocked if it is that soon though. I can't imagine we want to add a sport before figuring out where our revenue is going to be for the Athletic Department. This might be the worse time in OSU history to try and add a sport.

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
It will happen and probably next year. John really wants this and the money is there!

It would be nice to have a powerful program and there are at least three most likely Olympic champions that are still in high school and would go to the money. If you watched the women's world matches you can see the opportunity.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
It will happen and probably next year. John really wants this and the money is there!

It would be nice to have a powerful program and there are at least three most likely Olympic champions that are still in high school and would go to the money. If you watched the women's world matches you can see the opportunity.

I'm not doubting you and I know John is a big supporter of women's wrestling but where is the money coming from? Is there a donor paying the tab? We are talking about a decent chunk of change to get a program off the ground.

I think there is some money there in terms of donors willing to help endow scholarships but the start up and operating costs to do so that would come from via the athletic department is much more cloudy.

I don’t think this will happen anytime Soon

I think we will have women's wrestling at OSU one day. I would be shocked if it is that soon though. I can't imagine we want to add a sport before figuring out where our revenue is going to be for the Athletic Department. This might be the worse time in OSU history to try and add a sport.
If we want a new facility soon, we will get a women’s team

If we want a new facility soon, we will get a women’s team

I agree but I think spending a million dollars upgrading the wrestling locker room probably means we aren't close to a new facility.

I agree but I think spending a million dollars upgrading the wrestling locker room probably means we aren't close to a new facility.
Good point. Also makes me think there isn’t as much expendable cash as everyone would like. A million dollars is a lot but compared to what other programs and schools. Puts things into perspective

Reactions: Air_Thurman
OSU is behind on Title 9 and this is a fix.
Everyone is behind on title 9. It is just a matter of whether anyone wants to make a big deal about it and push for more cuts.
It looks like OSU is way behind though. 7 men's sports and 6 women's sports? Is that correct? Most schools have more women's teams than men's teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT