ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs. ISU

derek_state

2nd Team
Jan 14, 2014
ISU falls just short of the upset losing 19-18. I almost think we might sweep Iowa with Weigel in the lineup.

They were about 2 inches from handing Brands his first ever loss to ISU.

Caught some of that dual. Iowa did not look good in the matches I saw.

Also watched some of the Cliff Keen Invite. Lots of upsets. I wish we would switch the schedule around, drop Reno & the Scuffle and add Cliff Keen & the Fort Lauderdale duals.

Reactions: cearle462
Didn't see the matches, but PSU thumped Lehigh 42-0. Cassar beat Jordan Wood 12-3.

Didn't see the matches, but PSU thumped Lehigh 42-0. Cassar beat Jordan Wood 12-3.

Not that there was much question but Cassar's emergence as a potential high end AA and RBY looking capable of scoring points in March has put PSU well out of reach in the team race as we sit here in December.

Not that there was much question but Cassar's emergence as a potential high end AA and RBY looking capable of scoring points in March has put PSU well out of reach in the team race as we sit here in December.

Saw Berge's match from the Bucknell dual, he looks very good too. Can't see how he loses the 149 spot to Verkleeran if he's healthy and the weight cut isn't too much.

ISU was better prepared than Iowa. Miklus was Carvered or the upset would have been complete. ISU is still a long way from returning to an elite program but the direction of the program is very positive. Pokes will still tear us apart in a dual or tournament setting, but I expect to close some of that gap over the next couple of years. I'm hoping for three All Americans this year and a finish in that 15-20 range. That would be very good progress for the program.

I was very impressed with ISU and hope to see some similar strides with OU. The big 12 and college wrestling needs this confernce to continue to build and a few more programs to step up into or near that top tier.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
ISU was better prepared than Iowa. Miklus was Carvered or the upset would have been complete. ISU is still a long way from returning to an elite program but the direction of the program is very positive. Pokes will still tear us apart in a dual or tournament setting, but I expect to close some of that gap over the next couple of years. I'm hoping for three All Americans this year and a finish in that 15-20 range. That would be very good progress for the program.

ISU is starting to get some nice pickups. Gomez looks to be a good one. Do you expect Ryan Anderson/David Carr to go 149/157 or 157/165?

I believe Carr will be 157 next year. Ryan Anderson will most likely shirt along with Reeves (who might turn out to be very good). I see next year as a small stepping stone, but the following year is when the big jump will come (hopefully).

Reactions: Wrassler17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT