ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State and Northern Iowa

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
The Northern Iowa match is on Flo Saturday at 1pm and the Iowa State match is on ESPN + at 7pm.
Possible matchups vs. Iowa State
125 Mastrogiovanni vs. Tyson Terukina 4-1 record
133 Andrew Neiman or Witcraft vs. Zach Redding 3-2 or Todd Small 4-1
141 Kaid Brock vs. Ian Parker 4-1 and Parker dec. Dom Demas 4-3
149 Boo Lewallen vs. Ben Monroe 3-3
157 Wyatt Sheets or Jalen Harper vs. David Carr 5-0
165 Travis Witlake vs. Isaac Judge 4-1
174 Dustin Plott vs. Julien Broderson3-2 (Dec. Mantanona 4-3)
184 Dakota Geer vs. Battani 3-2
197 AJ Ferrari vs. Yonger Bastida 3-2
285 Austyn Shafer vs. Gannon Gremmel 5-0 (dec. Heindselman OU 5-4 TB1

Versus Northern Iowa
125 MG vs. Brody Teske
133 Neiman or Witcraft vs. Kyle Biscoglia
141 Kaid Brock vs. Drew Bennett
149 Boo Lewallen vs.Tristan Lara
157 Sheets or Harper vs. Derek Holschlag
165 Travis Witlake vs. Pat Schoenfelder
174 Dustin Plott vs. Lance Runyon (pinned Mantanona)
184 Dakota Geer vs. Parker Keckhisen
197 AJ Ferrari vs. Tyrell Gordon
285 Shaffer vs. Carter Isley (dec.Heindselman OU 4-3)

Last edited:
Reactions: cachap5327
The Northern Iowa match is on Flo Saturday at 1pm and the Iowa State match is on ESPN + at 7pm.
125 Mastrogiovanni vs. Tyson Terukina 4-1 record
133 Andrew Neiman or Witcraft vs. Zach Redding 3-2 or Todd Small 4-1
141 Kaid Brock vs. Ian Parker 4-1 and Parker dec. Dom Demas 4-3
149 Boo Lewallen vs. Ben Monroe 3-3
157 Wyatt Sheets or Jalen Harper vs. David Carr 5-0
165 Travis Witlake vs. Isaac Judge 4-1
174 Dustin Plott vs. Julien Broderson3-2 (Dec. Mantanona 4-3)
184 Dakota Geer vs. Battani 3-2
197 AJ Ferrari vs. Yonger Bastida 3-2

Versus Northern Iowa
125 MG vs. Brody Teske
133 Neiman or Witcraft vs. Kyle Biscoglia
141 Kaid Brock vs. Drew Bennett
149 Boo Lewallen vs.Tristan Lara
157 Sheets or Harper vs. Derek Holschlag
165 Travis Witlake vs. Pat Schoenfelder
174 Dustin Plott vs. Lance Runyon (pinned Mantanona)
184 Dakota Geer vs. Parker Keckhisen
197 AJ Ferrari vs. Tyrell Gordon
I thought John said that Kaid would not be making the trip?

and I would expect to see Montalvo in one of those.
Could be true about Kaid. However, I heard from a source close to Iowa State that they will be missing four starters. I assume one would be Degen. I also assume one would be Small since he did not wrestle against OU. My source did not say who they were.

Am assuming all weigh in before the first match which can help Sheets and Montalvo in the second.

2 Days before February and Going into the Meet all the likely Cowboys that will compete in Conference are still undefeated, Daton Fix has yet to Wrestle and this is a shortened season, but so close to Conference and all projected starters undefeated is great.

Versus Northern Iowa

AUSTIN HARRIS

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
It seems like one of those good/bad situations you want to be in: you’ve got 3 great prospects for 2 weights...

Plott is young but has the look of a high end killer. He’s come out swinging in every match this year.

Hoping Taco can get 100% healthy and slide in for Geer once he moves on after this season.

Reactions: PawhuskaPoke
It seems like one of those good/bad situations you want to be in: you’ve got 3 great prospects for 2 weights...

Plott is young but has the look of a high end killer. He’s come out swinging in every match this year.

Hoping Taco can get 100% healthy and slide in for Geer once he moves on after this season.
I'm expecting/hoping to see Plott in the first match and Montalvo in the 2nd, will tell us a lot where they are now. Hoping to see Sheets in both as a warmup for Carr. The more Sheets wrestles Carr the better for him. If anything is up with Brock then Hone will be fine for both matches.

Reactions: JAY45
Looks like Witcraft 33, Hone, Sheets & Plott starting this one, other weights as expected.

They were out before the near fall, it’s early but probably worth a challenge
Big freshman mistake Mastro only had to lift his hands, he kept them down & in, and they would've been out before he got turned, plus gotta learn to get out quicker.

Reactions: okstatefan
This guy breathing heavy is a little annoying on the Flo broadcast.

Let witcraft and Trevor go at it in a ranking match...that said Reece has yet to beat him. Trevor has had Mono and CO-VID, and has had little time on the mat.

I think you have to a little more patient with Mastro. With COVID and mono, he has not had much time in the room. There is a reason this season is not counting toward eligibility. All the freshmen are getting a fraction of the improvement they would have otherwise made. Mastro has star potential IMO.

Big freshman mistake Mastro only had to lift his hands, he kept them down & in, and they would've been out before he got turned, plus gotta learn to get out quicker.
I was stunned that he did not get off the mat and then to be turned. That was bad. I don't see Witcraft as an improvement though. He did not show much in the next match.

I think you have to a little more patient with Mastro. With COVID and mono, he has not had much time in the room. There is a reason this season is not counting toward eligibility. All the freshmen are getting a fraction of the improvement they would have otherwise made. Mastro has star potential IMO.
Yes he has star potential but a lot of Fr struggle on bottom first year especially at lower weights its why they RS.

Reactions: osu2082
I was stunned that he did not get off the mat and then to be turned. That was bad. I don't see Witcraft as an improvement though. He did not show much in the next match.
Witcraft wrestled a much bigger kid and he did get a reversal off bottom but the ref refused to call it. Plus Witcraft got a lot of experience last year, he prob wins the wrestle off if had a coach in his corner who warned about the headlock stall call. That said, I want to see one of them win by 3 to 5 pts not OT.

Reactions: osu2082
Solid match by Wittlake he got a major. His ankle picks are great. I would like to see more variety on takedowns for him though.
Geer wrestled very sloppy and lost. Coach Smith really helped UNI with his throwing the brick at the end of the 3rd period and giving the UNI guy who seemed tired a minute to rest. Geer sloppily lost the takedown in the 3rd period.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT