ADVERTISEMENT

In Spite Of The Ass Whipping

Still roughly one out of three Republican voters in arguably the reddist state in the nation voted against the Trump-endorsed candidate. Is there anything to learn from that?

A lot of rich people live in Jackson.

I haven’t even looked at the numbers but I’d be willing to bet most of those votes came from Teton county.

I can't stop laughing! 😂

My wife is looking at me like I'm insane. She just ask why are you on the floor laughing?
DevotedLazyArmyworm-max-1mb.gif

Still roughly one out of three Republican voters in arguably the reddist state in the nation voted against the Trump-endorsed candidate. Is there anything to learn from that?
There is anywhere from 20% to 30% of Republicans across the board who have wised up and recognize the threat that Trump poses to both their party and the country. There is plenty to learn from that but the majority of Republicans (the Trump cultists) aren't interested in learning anything from them at this point.

Liz Cheney knew exactly what the political price was going to be when she decided to place the interest of her country over Trump's interest. She is a modern example of a profile in courage. And her political future is far from over. She is on the right side of history.

Last edited:
For someone who agreed wholeheartedly that he’s a dumbass and a criminal, you do a fair bit of Trumpeting on his defense. Why is that?
Don't let @Ponca Dan fool you. He is a Trump supporter when push comes to shove. He has never met an authoritarian leader he doesn't like or feel the need to defend at some point.

For some reason, he likes to play his silly games on this board. Anyone though who takes the time to actually read his posts knows exactly where he stands.

Last edited:
if cheney runs in the gop primary, she can't win. but she can fracture the gop party structure. and then, if she runs as a third party in the pres. election, she will effectively keep trump from returning to the white house, ie: ross perot.
I disagree with this political analysis.

If Cheney was to run as a third party candidate for President, she would hurt the Democratic candidate more than she would hurt Trump. Those who are firmly in the Trump cult will never consider voting for Cheney in the general election. The only voters who would vote for Cheney would be Republicans disgusted with Trump, independent-minded voters, and perhaps some centrist Democrats. These would be voters that would most likely either vote for the Democratic candidate or stay at home if Cheney wasn't in the race. Therefore, a third party run by Cheney would actually help Trump and I'm sure Trump would welcome such a run to help split his opposition vote.

I also suspect Cheney knows this and that is why I doubt she will mount a third party run for President. She very well could run for the Republican nomination though, to challenge Trump's grip on the Republican Party.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT