ADVERTISEMENT

In Spite Of The Ass Whipping

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Still roughly one out of three Republican voters in arguably the reddist state in the nation voted against the Trump-endorsed candidate. Is there anything to learn from that?

Still roughly one out of three Republican voters in arguably the reddist state in the nation voted against the Trump-endorsed candidate. Is there anything to learn from that?
Sorta. Several thousand of those Cheney voters are democrats who changed parties for the express purpose of voting for Liz in this primary. Others are simply Cheney loyalists, perhaps? Or Romney-type Republicans? Or people who don’t like Trump, period?

Sorta. Several thousand of those Cheney voters are democrats who changed parties for the express purpose of voting for Liz in this primary. Others are simply Cheney loyalists, perhaps? Or Romney-type Republicans? Or people who don’t like Trump, period?
Do you think it’s possible that the one-third anti-Trump vote by “mostly” Republican voters would carry across the country? Is there a state more pro-Trump than Wyoming?

Do you think it’s possible that the one-third anti-Trump vote by “mostly” Republican voters would carry across the country? Is there a state more pro-Trump than Wyoming?
I get your point. And I don’t know. All out of possible explanations at the moment.

Bad omen for the Cheetoh, you’re thinking?

Dan, not everyone who votes gives a damn about the issues or knows what the heck is going on. They vote by name recognition.
2 more board members who can define all seven components of critical thinking. There's nothing hard here.

Yeah, all those 1/3rd solely voted that way because they hate Trump. SMH
You said that, not me. Who knows why they voted the way they did (certainly not me)? But the fact is roughly one out of three did not vote for the Trump-endorsed candidate. In arguably the most Trump-friendly state in the nation. Does that give you any cause for concern? It’s a fair question.

Never underestimate the power of incumbency. It alone will garner 20 to 30% of the vote. The math on the Dem walk over was around 9K. 28.9% is about as poor a number as you would see on any incumbent, even if they did something egregious.

To answer your question simply. No

To put this loss into perspective for you. This is the second worse loss by a incumbent congressperson in the last 60 years and that's with the Democrats working to get Democrat voters to vote for her.

Lots of factors. Wyoming seems pretty close knit as a state. Lots of folks who would either benefit personally or know someone who would benefit personally from a Cheney win (I voted for Edwin Edwards 3 times out of personal interest). Plus the opponent did not have the national name recognition. That sort of thing is important to some people. And lastly, not everyone in Wyoming is a grizzled old cowboy. I’m sure there are quite a few ({}) types who would vote against mean tweets, although I’m not aware of Hageman posting any such thing.

Last edited:
Just shows the power of a 6 year non-stop media barrage of negativity towards one individual. Even those who agree with his positions are getting tired of hearing about him.

You said that, not me. Who knows why they voted the way they did (certainly not me)? But the fact is roughly one out of three did not vote for the Trump-endorsed candidate. In arguably the most Trump-friendly state in the nation. Does that give you any cause for concern? It’s a fair question.

The only county she did well in (by a margin of about 67% to 33%) was Teton county, which is no surprise. First and having lived there for many years, it is full of pinko left-wing commie bedwetters who I have no doubt changed party affiliations to vote, second both her and her war criminal dad and have a home in Teton County, third she never once that I could see mentioned what she would do for her constituency (2022 to 2024) and lastly she turned her back on her constituency by taking part of the sham JAN6 kangaroo court.

Per the second attachment in July of 2022 there were 5,768 registered commie voters in Teton County and 5,968 Republican. By Election day the commies had dropped to 4,479 to Republican register voters at 7,987, which is a delta of 2,019 more registered republicans and a delta of 1,289 fewer commie voters. Suspect these were about the same numbers percentage wise for Laramie county, because of UW. If you add those two counties (Teton & Laramie she did win Albany as well by by something like 42 votes) Daughter Darth got 15,712 votes of her 49,316 total, approximately 32% of her total there.

She was to this Wyoming Republican Primary what Ned Beatty was to the Hillbillies in Deliverance.

Trump endorsed candidates have a winning percentage of 92%, which is probably unparalleled in modern day politics. When the general election comes around my guess is Hageman will out perform Daughter Darth in her 2020 election statewide (total of 185,732 votes).

As Tulsaaggieson said, incumbency also accounts for a huge clip of voters who just go to the polls and vote for the incumbent where they have about a 94% re-election rate (outrageous in and of itself and why we need term limits desperately).

What you really should be asking is how can an incumbent get beat so badly in a party primary?

Last edited:
I get your point. And I don’t know. All out of possible explanations at the moment.

Bad omen for the Cheetoh, you’re thinking?
Oh, I don’t know if it’s a bad omen, it’s just something I wondered about. I wonder if a lot of Republican voters appreciate Trump and his policies but are sick and tired of all the drama surrounding him, won’t admit it publicly but just wish he’d go away and let someone else carry the MAGA torch. I do think if the 1/3 percentage is accurate across the land it might mean trouble for him. If the nomination becomes a two way slugfest between Trump and DeSantis and Trump continues his usual practice by trashing DeSantis with insulting nicknames, etc., he might turn off many of his loyalists. If he wins the nomination anyway would the DeSantis voters show up for him in the general election? And if he loses the nomination would his unhinged narcissism allow him to lose gracefully or would he seek revenge and intentionally sabotage the party in the general? Like him or hate him you have to admit he’s a wild card.

The only county she did well in (by a margin of about 67% to 33%) was Teton county, which is no surprise. First and having lived there for many years, it is full of pinko left-wing commie bedwetters who I have no doubt changed party affiliations to vote, second both her and her war criminal dad and have a home in Teton County, third she never once that I could see mentioned what she would do for her constituency (2022 to 2024) and lastly she turned her back on her constituency by taking part of the sham JAN6 kangaroo court.

Per the second attachment in July of 2022 there were 5,768 registered commie voters in Teton County and 5,968 Republican. By Election day the commies had dropped to 4,479 to Republican register voters at 7,987, which is a delta of 2,019 more registered republicans and a delta of 1,289 fewer commie voters. Suspect these were about the same numbers percentage wise for Laramie county, because of UW. If you add those two counties (Teton & Laramie she did win Albany as well by by something like 42 votes) Daughter Darth got 15,712 votes of her 49,316 total, approximately 32% of her total there. She was to this Wyoming Republican Primary what Ned Beatty was to the Hillbillies in Deliverance.

Trump endorsed candidates have a winning percentage of 92%, which is probably unparalleled in modern day politics. When the general election comes around my guess is Hageman will out perform Daughter Darth in her 2020 election statewide (total of 185,732 votes).

As Tulsaaggieson said, incumbency also accounts for a huge clip of voters who just go to the polls and vote for the incumbent where they have about a 94% re-election rate (outrageous in and of itself and why we need term limits desperately).

What you really should be asking is how can an incumbent get beat so badly by a party primary?

Outstanding reply!

if cheney runs in the gop primary, she can't win. but she can fracture the gop party structure. and then, if she runs as a third party in the pres. election, she will effectively keep trump from returning to the white house, ie: ross perot. wsj says she is turmp's detective javert from les mesirables. (sp)?

so? what does the gop do to insure this rino (republican in name only) does not keep them out of the whitehouse in 2024?

answer: use trumps $$$ and influence, but run somebody else for pres. desantos comes to mind. and that announcement must be made asap, before wyoming girl can marshall her troops. that would drive her where she belongs, to cnn, the view or msnbc. i could have said kitchen, but that w h b sexist.

alright progressives, take your best shot.

my guns are for sale, first $10m busy them all.

Reactions: windriverrange
@Ponca Dan

I don’t see Trumpets being extra-motivated to vote against Cheney as news. Wyoming Republicans showing themselves to be solidly MAGA isn’t different than the rest of the country.

She won 70-something percent of her vote last time lol…this only reinforces the fact of the present day - Trump Deification Syndrome is full tilt.

carry on

I don’t see Trumpets being extra-motivated to vote against Cheney as news. Wyoming Republicans showing themselves to be solidly MAGA isn’t different than the rest of the country.

She won 70-something percent of her vote last time lol…this only reinforces the fact of the present day - Trump Deification Syndrome is full tilt.

carry on
You good? You haven’t been around for a few days.

carry on
You're an idiot.

carry on
I don't think it necessarily means Republican voters deify Trump (although many clearly do). I think they basically like Trump and very much prefer him over the Democrat alternative and feel like Ms. Cheney betrayed them.

I don't think it necessarily means Republican voters deify Trump (although many clearly do). I think they basically like Trump and very much prefer him over the Democrat alternative and feel like Ms. Cheney betrayed them.

How did she betray them? The only logical explanation is TDS and you know it, Dan. How else would you explain the seismic shift in polling from before, when she was voting with Trump 94 percent of the time.

For someone who agreed wholeheartedly that he’s a dumbass and a criminal, you do a fair bit of Trumpeting on his defense. Why is that?

If it’s simply to “OwN tHe LibS”, you’re no different from any Trumpet on here.

carry on

How did she betray them? The only logical explanation is TDS and you know it, Dan. How else would you explain the seismic shift in polling from before, when she was voting with Trump 94 percent of the time.

For someone who agreed wholeheartedly that he’s a dumbass and a criminal, you do a fair bit of Trumpeting on his defense. Why is that?

carry on
I think if you'll look again you'll see that nothing I said could be portrayed as defending Trump. I was attempting to understand what is the reasoning behind why the vote shifted so dramatically. IMO it shifted because the voters in Wyoming did not want Cheney to participate in a Democrat sponsored show trial against a man they believed to be innocent of the hyped up charge. They felt she betrayed them because she defied their wishes. Criticizing what I believe are unnecessarily political false charges against Trump just to harass him 24/7/365 does not make me a defender of his boorishness. That's what I think the man is: a boor, and any criminality on his part while in office, to the extend it might exist, is fairly innocuous corruption that prevails across the political spectrum and is not deserving of the relentless attacks on him since before he was even elected. But you're right about one thing: I love to own today's "libs," who are people the original libs would not recognize as their own.

carry on
It's real simple but I do not expect you to understand or agree. The voters of Wyoming felt Liz Cheney no longer represented them. While you leftist are supportive of perverting the law and having a double standard judicial system, most conservatives cherish the rule of law and equal application of that law. Cheney obviously wasn't representing coonservative values with her recent actions.

It's real simple but I do not expect you to understand or agree. The voters of Wyoming felt Liz Cheney no longer represented them. While you leftist are supportive of perverting the law and having a double standard judicial system, most conservatives cherish the rule of law and equal application of that law. Cheney obviously wasn't representing coonservative values with her recent actions.

You’re truly in love with your own bullsh!t lolololololol

Carry on

Probably had to go lay up at his parents’ house again.
He had a rough go of it for a while due to a medical issue. (I think that was before you guys showed up here, so I’m not sure you are aware of that part.)

There is NO excuse for his politics, though.

:)

You’re truly in love with your own bullsh!t lolololololol

Carry on
Oh my, ClinTARD gonna ClinTARD...

Ya gots any of that data that shows that pregnant females being forced to carry dead fetuses to term is on the rise?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ClinT T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T TARD on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT