ADVERTISEMENT

I'm totally freaked out by this picture!

AC2020

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2020
Parts unknown
182795411_10224292869205446_616863624897478621_n.jpg

Am I the only one that freaked out when I saw this pic? It it a bad photoshop? Are the Carters that tiny? Are the Bidens gargantuan beings?

Also, why did Biden wear a mask in the video conference with other world leaders and not wear one when in close contact with a 96 year old ex-Prez and his 93 year old wife?

Am I the only one that freaked out when I saw this pic? It it a bad photoshop? Are the Carters that tiny? Are the Bidens gargantuan beings?

Also, why did Biden wear a mask in the video conference with other world leaders and not wear one when in close contact with a 96 year old ex-Prez and his 93 year old wife?
Why’s joe sitting in that chair oddly?

Twitter said they don’t need to wear masks because it’s a small group and all have been vaccinated.

Reactions: AC2020
What about the fact that the Bidens look like giants?

Or is it that the Carters look like the mythical Native American Little People?

That's what really freaks me out.

May 5, 2021

A weird photograph perfectly encapsulates the Biden administration​

By Andrea Widburg

There’s a photo rocketing around the internet that, once seen, cannot be unseen. It shows Joe and Jill Biden posing with the nonagenarian Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. However, it appears that the Carters having become Lilliputians, for they are teeny people in a teeny house next to the giant Bidens. Also, Biden’s invariable mask is missing, despite the Carters’ advanced age. The whole thing is bizarre and almost certainly deliberately intended to make Biden seem important.

We know that, when they went to visit Georgia, Jill and Joe Biden stopped in Plains to visit Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. Here’s a little video from a local outlet doing the usual “human interest” shtick about the visit:

I hope you noticed the vast crowds of ten or twenty people assembled to watch the most popularly elected president in the history of America. Plains is small (about 800 people) but Sumter County, of which it is a part, boasts almost 30,000 people. It’s amazing how few bothered to show up.

What you should also have noticed is that Rosalynn, while she definitely shrank with age (she’s 93), isn’t that much shorter than either Jill or Joe Biden. A photo from just two years ago, when White House occupants showed up at George H.W. Bush’s funeral shows the relative height difference between the Bidens and the Carters, with Jill appearing to be almost the same height as Jimmy:

229206_5_.jpg

he above tweeted-out photo, incidentally, holds the clue to explaining this very strange photo showing Jill and Joe kneeling beside Jimmy and Rosalynn, both of whom are seated in upholstered armchairs:

If you do the mental mapping, even if all four were to stand up, the proportions of this photo suggest that Jill and Joe would be close to twice Jimmy’s and Rosalynn’s height.

The weirdness doesn’t stop there. First, did you notice that Jill and Joe, who are in close proximity to people in their 90s, are not wearing masks? Joe wears his mask everywhere, all the time. Even though he’s been vaccinated, he considers it his patriotic duty to wear it outdoors, in that bright disinfecting sunlight, and when he, who has been vaccinated, is in the presence of other vaccinated people. Yet here he and his wife are, unmasked, with two of the most vulnerable people in America.

What’s also weird is the room’s proportions. It’s not just that the Carters are tiny. Note how small and low everything else is: The chairs, the pictures on the wall, the upholstered chair next to Biden, the cabinet behind Biden, and the side table between the Carters. Is it really possible that, as they apparently lost at least a foot in height, the Carters entirely renovated their home with furnishings appropriate for little people? If so, this is the first time I’ve ever seen or heard of elderly people doing that.

Given how strange the photo is, it’s no surprise that the internet memes exploded from all sides of the political aisle:

Here's my theory: Biden is the smallest man ever to occupy the White House. I don’t mean in height. Instead, I’m referring to metrics such as intellect, accomplishments, and moral decency. It’s therefore imperative that photographs puff him up, just as court painters once painted monarchs as much more magnificent than they really were.

To that end, the photographer made sure that the Biden’s were on the far left and right of the photograph and used a wide-angle lens to make them look big and the Carters small. In other words, we’re looking at regime propaganda with the Carters’ willing connivance -- and of course, when you are doing propaganda, no masks allowed!

IMAGE: The Carters and the Bidens tweeted out by The Carter Center.

May 5, 2021

A weird photograph perfectly encapsulates the Biden administration​

By Andrea Widburg

There’s a photo rocketing around the internet that, once seen, cannot be unseen. It shows Joe and Jill Biden posing with the nonagenarian Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. However, it appears that the Carters having become Lilliputians, for they are teeny people in a teeny house next to the giant Bidens. Also, Biden’s invariable mask is missing, despite the Carters’ advanced age. The whole thing is bizarre and almost certainly deliberately intended to make Biden seem important.

We know that, when they went to visit Georgia, Jill and Joe Biden stopped in Plains to visit Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. Here’s a little video from a local outlet doing the usual “human interest” shtick about the visit:

I hope you noticed the vast crowds of ten or twenty people assembled to watch the most popularly elected president in the history of America. Plains is small (about 800 people) but Sumter County, of which it is a part, boasts almost 30,000 people. It’s amazing how few bothered to show up.

What you should also have noticed is that Rosalynn, while she definitely shrank with age (she’s 93), isn’t that much shorter than either Jill or Joe Biden. A photo from just two years ago, when White House occupants showed up at George H.W. Bush’s funeral shows the relative height difference between the Bidens and the Carters, with Jill appearing to be almost the same height as Jimmy:

229206_5_.jpg

he above tweeted-out photo, incidentally, holds the clue to explaining this very strange photo showing Jill and Joe kneeling beside Jimmy and Rosalynn, both of whom are seated in upholstered armchairs:

If you do the mental mapping, even if all four were to stand up, the proportions of this photo suggest that Jill and Joe would be close to twice Jimmy’s and Rosalynn’s height.

The weirdness doesn’t stop there. First, did you notice that Jill and Joe, who are in close proximity to people in their 90s, are not wearing masks? Joe wears his mask everywhere, all the time. Even though he’s been vaccinated, he considers it his patriotic duty to wear it outdoors, in that bright disinfecting sunlight, and when he, who has been vaccinated, is in the presence of other vaccinated people. Yet here he and his wife are, unmasked, with two of the most vulnerable people in America.

What’s also weird is the room’s proportions. It’s not just that the Carters are tiny. Note how small and low everything else is: The chairs, the pictures on the wall, the upholstered chair next to Biden, the cabinet behind Biden, and the side table between the Carters. Is it really possible that, as they apparently lost at least a foot in height, the Carters entirely renovated their home with furnishings appropriate for little people? If so, this is the first time I’ve ever seen or heard of elderly people doing that.

Given how strange the photo is, it’s no surprise that the internet memes exploded from all sides of the political aisle:

Here's my theory: Biden is the smallest man ever to occupy the White House. I don’t mean in height. Instead, I’m referring to metrics such as intellect, accomplishments, and moral decency. It’s therefore imperative that photographs puff him up, just as court painters once painted monarchs as much more magnificent than they really were.

To that end, the photographer made sure that the Biden’s were on the far left and right of the photograph and used a wide-angle lens to make them look big and the Carters small. In other words, we’re looking at regime propaganda with the Carters’ willing connivance -- and of course, when you are doing propaganda, no masks allowed!

IMAGE: The Carters and the Bidens tweeted out by The Carter Center.
Freaking fantastic!

Here's a solid explanation from a photog friend:

Speaking as a photographer... I think there are 3 things going on here that I would try to recreate. First, it's a wide angle lens. That would make the Carters somewhat smaller in the middle. Whatever is the farthest forward in a camera looks the biggest. That's why Jimmy's feet look huge. They are on the same plane as Joe's. Third, there is a bit of an illusion going on. It looks like Joe's arm is slightly behind Mrs. Carter, but if you look close, it isn't. That makes it look like she is really tiny.

Summary, Wide angle, biggest people are farthest forward and an unintentional illusion all worked together to make ONE REALLY WEIRD PICTURE!

I really want to try and recreate this!

Still, from AC's perspective, this was a really bad choice for a photo op pic.

it was photoshopped...what's the big deal?

That's why Jimmy's feet look huge.
Naw he just got the PFizer vac and got a 3 foot pecker. To bad he can't get it up with out passing out though. His brain isn't big enough to hold enough blood for that snake trouser.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
What about the fact that the Bidens look like giants?

Or is it that the Carters look like the mythical Native American Little People?

That's what really freaks me out.
Has to be photo shopped. Very poorly done because Jimmy’s feet are also humongous.

when it’s all said and done, it is a terrible picture to release.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
@CowboyJD usually has a solid centrist view on things: What am I missing here man?

I've suddenly gotten very popular recently for some reason.

Just spitballing here, but my bet would be that everyone in that room has been vaccinated....including the photographer.

Don't know if the same would be true for whatever phone call you are referencing.

Putting them on outside, especially when still socially distancing seems an odd thing to do, I agree @windriverrange. Definitely more for show than science at that point.

As for the tiny Carters....don't REALLY old people shrink with age...ultimately all the way down to garden gnome size?

You'd know more about that than me though, wouldn't you @AC2020.?:p

Last edited:
Here's a solid explanation from a photog friend:

Speaking as a photographer... I think there are 3 things going on here that I would try to recreate. First, it's a wide angle lens. That would make the Carters somewhat smaller in the middle. Whatever is the farthest forward in a camera looks the biggest. That's why Jimmy's feet look huge. They are on the same plane as Joe's. Third, there is a bit of an illusion going on. It looks like Joe's arm is slightly behind Mrs. Carter, but if you look close, it isn't. That makes it look like she is really tiny.

Summary, Wide angle, biggest people are farthest forward and an unintentional illusion all worked together to make ONE REALLY WEIRD PICTURE!

I really want to try and recreate this!

Still, from AC's perspective, this was a really bad choice for a photo op pic.
Forced perspective. Used in the Hobbit movies and Elf.

Hmm. Maybe. I'm not a photography expert.

You know biden's spreading that far and wide. It's the only picture that makes Biden look young.

@Syskatine speaking of hilarious optics, look who has the smaller hands (hand) in this pic.

E0oVljHX0AQxlFd

I'm betting Trump using this in a future "I don't have small hands" campaign! LOL!

Cruz has cute looking baby hands.

Reactions: Syskatine

@MegaPoke

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT