ADVERTISEMENT

If You Ever Doubted

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
That the intelligence community and war-lusting defense establishment, what some refer to as the “deep state,” are in cahoots with the media of every political persuasion, both right and left, what we are witnessing following the American withdrawal from the war in Afghanistan should put those doubts to rest. The tantrum those people are throwing would put to shame the tantrum of the most coddled two year old in the world. Instead of portraying the relief we should feel at finally extricating ourselves from the hopeless task we buried ourselves in, the media is howling at the moon that we should not have left the Afghan people to the mercies of the murderous thugs in the Taliban, the Taliban is connecting with Russia and China, the Taliban is uncivilized. Well, the Taliban was all those things and did all those things while we were there, so what was the point in being there? We all know the answer: we were there so our government could distract us from the evils it was perpetrating against us, so it could assume more control over our liberty and so its friends could get fabulously wealthy on our tax dollars.

For all his many faults - and they are many - Joe Biden put a temporary monkey wrench in the gears of the smooth running war machine. But fear not. The machine is scouring the globe in search for a new target. I’ve already seen a couple of trial balloons being floated of who we can save next. It won’t be long before the media presents us with a new enemy we are supposed to hate with all our might.

That the intelligence community and war-lusting defense establishment, what some refer to as the “deep state,” are in cahoots with the media of every political persuasion, both right and left, what we are witnessing following the American withdrawal from the war in Afghanistan should put those doubts to rest. The tantrum those people are throwing would put to shame the tantrum of the most coddled two year old in the world. Instead of portraying the relief we should feel at finally extricating ourselves from the hopeless task we buried ourselves in, the media is howling at the moon that we should not have left the Afghan people to the mercies of the murderous thugs in the Taliban, the Taliban is connecting with Russia and China, the Taliban is uncivilized. Well, the Taliban was all those things and did all those things while we were there, so what was the point in being there? We all know the answer: we were there so our government could distract us from the evils it was perpetrating against us, so it could assume more control over our liberty and so its friends could get fabulously wealthy on our tax dollars.

For all his many faults - and they are many - Joe Biden put a temporary monkey wrench in the gears of the smooth running war machine. But fear not. The machine is scouring the globe in search for a new target. I’ve already seen a couple of trial balloons being floated of who we can save next. It won’t be long before the media presents us with a new enemy we are supposed to hate with all our might.
We were there because our government would not let us finish the job. You can say the defense industry got them to do that but at the end of the day a politician decided they didn't want the US to finish the job. Afraid of the optics...afraid the defense industry...afraid of the deep state...not afraid to the let military members die for nothing.

I could care less about who gets what. What I care about is my fellow veterans beeing let down by the politicians who couldn't give a care about the ones that bleed for their bad choices.

We were there because our government would not let us finish the job. You can say the defense industry got them to do that but at the end of the day a politician decided they didn't want the US to finish the job. Afraid of the optics...afraid the defense industry...afraid of the deep state...not afraid to the let military members die for nothing.

I could care less about who gets what. What I care about is my fellow veterans beeing let down by the politicians who couldn't give a care about the ones that bleed for their bad choices.
Reminds me of a joke:

After 30 years in practice the lawyer finally decides to retire and turn his business over to his son. Three weeks after the transition the son comes to his dad with very exciting news. “Dad, you know that lawsuit you’ve been contesting for the last tens years and getting nowhere? Well, I settled it! “That's great,” replied the dad, “but now how are you going to keep making payments on your new BMW?”

The warrior class needs to develop it’s own political because it’s pretty clear neither of the parties that run this country give a shit about them. We’re seeing a lot of younger vets in the Libertarian Party and I think that’s a good thing.

Reactions: MR. TANNER BOYLE
The warrior class needs to develop it’s own political because it’s pretty clear neither of the parties that run this country give a shit about them. We’re seeing a lot of younger vets in the Libertarian Party and I think that’s a good thing.
The point I was trying to make with the OP is less than a week after the withdrawal we have been bombarded with news reports of what a terrible mistake we made in leaving. These are stories hand delivered to every news agency, both right and left, by the intelligence apparatus that has completely infiltrated the news-reporting industry. It’s like an aerial bombardment the military would make to soften up the enemy before an invasion. We are being manipulated to soften us up so we will unquestionably accept the next regime change war, and will “stay the course” as long as we are ordered to do so. What’s astounding to me is how few people recognize what is happening to them.

The point I was trying to make with the OP is less than a week after the withdrawal we have been bombarded with news reports of what a terrible mistake we made in leaving. These are stories hand delivered to every news agency, both right and left, by the intelligence apparatus that has completely infiltrated the news-reporting industry. It’s like an aerial bombardment the military would make to soften up the enemy before an invasion. We are being manipulated to soften us up so we will unquestionably accept the next regime change war, and will “stay the course” as long as we are ordered to do so. What’s astounding to me is how few people recognize what is happening to them.
Well maybe if their was a third viable party with no interest of endless, mission-less wars we might stop getting feed this crap.

I have my issues with all the parties. Libertarians included. It's definitely hard to find a candidate that excites me that is party influenced. I am definitely all in for the party of G. Washington.

I have my issues with all the parties. Libertarians included. It's definitely hard to find a candidate that excites me that is party influenced. I am definitely all in for the party of G. Washington.

It's long past time that we realize all in D.C. are self-serving whores who don't give two hoots and a damn about anything except getting reelected and feathering their own nests. Yeah, they all can talk the talk, but it ends there.

Reminds me of a joke:

After 30 years in practice the lawyer finally decides to retire and turn his business over to his son. Three weeks after the transition the son comes to his dad with very exciting news. “Dad, you know that lawsuit you’ve been contesting for the last tens years and getting nowhere? Well, I settled it! “That's great,” replied the dad, “but now how are you going to keep making payments on your new BMW?”
Lol. Gotta be a defense lawyer. Throw the race pimps, the fagtivists, and BLaMtifa leadership into that bag too. They don’t want solutions — the problems are simply too lucrative.

That the intelligence community and war-lusting defense establishment, what some refer to as the “deep state,” are in cahoots with the media of every political persuasion, both right and left, what we are witnessing following the American withdrawal from the war in Afghanistan should put those doubts to rest. The tantrum those people are throwing would put to shame the tantrum of the most coddled two year old in the world. Instead of portraying the relief we should feel at finally extricating ourselves from the hopeless task we buried ourselves in, the media is howling at the moon that we should not have left the Afghan people to the mercies of the murderous thugs in the Taliban, the Taliban is connecting with Russia and China, the Taliban is uncivilized. Well, the Taliban was all those things and did all those things while we were there, so what was the point in being there?
Conspiracies, conspiracies everywhere.

I've never been a fan of the general broad use of the term "media" in leveling an attack. Such a usage of that term encompasses a lot and and doesn't really deal with specifics.

If you are trying to claim that there are war hawks in the "media," then yes, that is undoubtedly true. Especially among the commentariat, and even more so among the right-wing commentariat. This doesn't point to some wider grand conspiracy though. War hawks are just good at using this medium to push their agenda.

We all know the answer: we were there so our government could distract us from the evils it was perpetrating against us, so it could assume more control over our liberty and so its friends could get fabulously wealthy on our tax dollars.
We originally went into Afghanistan for the right reason...to bring to justice those responsible for the 9-11 attack on our country. The problem arose when that objective was essentially accomplished and our goals in Afghanistan changed.

Going into Afghanistan had nothing to do though with our government attempting to distract us from some sinister plan to take away our liberties. That is nothing but conspiracy nonsense from you as usual Dan.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12

I've never been a fan of the general broad use of the term "media" in leveling an attack. Such a usage of that term encompasses a lot and and doesn't really deal with specifics.

If you are trying to claim that there are war hawks in the "media," then yes, that is undoubtedly true. Especially among the commentariat, and even more so among the right-wing commentariat. This doesn't point to some wider grand conspiracy though. War hawks are just good at using this medium to push their agenda.

We originally went into Afghanistan for the right reason...to bring to justice those responsible for the 9-11 attack on our country. The problem arose when that objective was essentially accomplished and our goals in Afghanistan changed.

Going into Afghanistan had nothing to do though with our government attempting to distract us from some sinister plan to take away our liberties. That is nothing but conspiracy nonsense from you as usual Dan.
God it must be nice walking through life this ignorant.

Dan, I TOLD you they were really red-assed because we were leaving. See? The lies about the withdrawal have evaporated and now we're just left with pro-war ideology.

Yes, I agree with you that “right wing” media provides greater voice to the governmental war apparatus, but you are in error to gloss over a similar infiltration of “left wing” media. Glenn Greenwald is a leftist but not a Democrat mouthpiece so you probably dismiss him from the outset, but here’s an article he wrote in 2019. It would benefit you greatly if you would remove the blinkers from your eyes. They have given you a serious case of tunnel vision.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/03...-state-and-reflexively-pro-war-to-stop-trump/

Last edited:
7e06dd266c3d228b0341f39f47e8d9e6.jpg

Dan, I TOLD you they were really red-assed because we were leaving. See? The lies about the withdrawal have evaporated and now we're just left with pro-war ideology.
I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say “the lies about the withdrawal,” but if you mean what I think you mean I would point out those “lies”were coming predominately from those who espouse a pro war ideology.

I think you are trying too hard to excuse the massive screwup that was the withdrawal. Some of us, (well, me at least) were 100% on board with the withdrawal but shocked at how poorly it was executed. There is not enough cologne to overcome that stinker!

Yes, I agree with you that “right wing” media provides greater voice to the governmental war apparatus, but you are in error to gloss over a similar infiltration of “left wing” media. Glenn Greenwald is a leftist but not a Democrat mouthpiece so you probably dismiss him from the outset, but here’s an article he wrote in 2019. It would benefit you greatly if you would remove the blinkers from your eyes. They have given you a serious case of tunnel vision.
lol, yes there are war hawks on the left too and they too are present in the commentariat. Hence the reason I stated "especially among the commentariat, and even more so among the right-wing commentariat" I was clearly admitting their presence, just emphasizing their (as you stated) "greater voice" in the right-wing commentariat.

Try reading my whole post next time.

• Haha
if you mean what I think you mean I would point out those “lies”were coming predominately from those who espouse a pro war ideology.
They were totally from the pro-war camp. The guy hanging from the helicopter and service dogs on the tarmac were from right wingers screaming, and they had multiple posts over the helicopter deal on here.

As soon as those lies were outed you'll note nobody acknowledged it, either. The very same people that were on here pushing the helicopter deal never backed up and corrected it. This is why you should NEVER believe conservatives, Dan. They lie as an ideology, and when caught they just move on to the next one. The conservative base is so blinded they adopt the same tactics.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
This is why you should NEVER believe conservatives, Dan. They lie as an ideology, and when caught they just move on to the next one. The conservative base is so blinded they adopt the same tactics.
Good luck with that. Dan is too busy defending the right-wing agenda, even when he claims to disagree with it.

What you just described is how he perceives liberals and the American left.

If stupid had a critical mass, you two would kill us all.
If lying and avoiding substantive debate was water, you'd die of thirst.

Just look at the lies surrounding this withdrawal. You've said nothing besides traffic in them. Does it bother you that conservatives push lies? Why do you think Don Jr. pushed the dogs on the tarmac deal so hard? The Trumps don't even like puppers. They don't have a dog. Never have. Hate them. But he'll push that lie if it undermines a presidnet that isn't Trump.

Does that bother you?

If lying and avoiding substantive debate was water, you'd die of thirst.

Just look at the lies surrounding this withdrawal. You've said nothing besides traffic in them. Does it bother you that conservatives push lies? Why do you think Don Jr. pushed the dogs on the tarmac deal so hard? The Trumps don't even like puppers. They don't have a dog. Never have. Hate them. But he'll push that lie if it undermines a presidnet that isn't Trump.

Does that bother you?

You’re a liar.

Find my lie.

He isn't alone. Most of them on this board do everything they can to avoid substantial debate. Some of them have become pros at doing just that. See @launch and others.

Cue the snide remark and lame gif.

When you rediscover objectivity I’ll get back to you.

He isn't alone. Most of them on this board do everything they can to avoid substantial debate. Some of them have become pros at doing just that. See @launch and others.

Cue the snide remark and lame gif.
Baaaaaaaahahahahahaha ^^makes ridiculous conflations, moves goalposts, accuses others of his own routine disingenuousness, and then doubles down over and over^^^

Rough Labor Day weekend huh?

Nobody I know is lying to America.

I posted a link where the tweet was circulated that says the Taliban was hanging someone from a helicopter. He was trying to put up a sign, apparently.

Do you jsut cover your ears and shut your eyes and go "NANANANANANANANA" when facts appear you don't like? LOL that's kind of it,isn't it?

Baaaaaaaahahahahahaha ^^makes ridiculous conflations, moves goalposts, accuses others of his own routine disingenuousness, and then doubles down over and over^^^

Rough Labor Day weekend huh?
Right on schedule.

Sometimes it is just too easy. 😆😎

I posted a link where the tweet was circulated that says the Taliban was hanging someone from a helicopter. He was trying to put up a sign, apparently.

Do you jsut cover your ears and shut your eyes and go "NANANANANANANANA" when facts appear you don't like? LOL that's kind of it,isn't it?

I’ll play.

I’m supposed to be mad Twitter wasn’t factual?

We need to just change the title of this thread to “when leftists accuse…..”

Are y’all even trying to not fall in the traps?

lol, yes there are war hawks on the left too and they too are present in the commentariat. Hence the reason I stated "especially among the commentariat, and even more so among the right-wing commentariat" I was clearly admitting their presence, just emphasizing their (as you stated) "greater voice" in the right-wing commentariat.

Try reading my whole post next time.
I read the whole thing and immediately glommed on to your attempt to reduce/negate the severity of the infiltration of left-wing outlets. It’s a fairly common practice by both right and left to admit “mistakes” by their side but to dismiss them as innocuous errors while accusing the other side of crimes against humanity when it does the same thing. You are very proficient in that technique. The fact is the left is just as pro-war as the right, a 180 degree change from my younger years in the 1960’s. The explanation for that change is the “intelligence community” has infiltrated them and corrupted the left toward its pro-war ways. You can deny it until you’re blue in the face, but the truth is the truth and denying it doesn’t change what it is.

They were totally from the pro-war camp. The guy hanging from the helicopter and service dogs on the tarmac were from right wingers screaming, and they had multiple posts over the helicopter deal on here.

As soon as those lies were outed you'll note nobody acknowledged it, either. The very same people that were on here pushing the helicopter deal never backed up and corrected it. This is why you should NEVER believe conservatives, Dan. They lie as an ideology, and when caught they just move on to the next one. The conservative base is so blinded they adopt the same tactics.
You are correct. What you seem incapable of understanding is: what you write applies to those on the left equally as much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT