ADVERTISEMENT

If true, F the O’Colly

original_333760407.gif

The responses in this thread are emblematic of why Oklahoma ranks near the bottom in most every Quality of Life metric. Congratulations, apes! You contribute to the self-fulfilling prophecy on a daily basis.

I mean not even commenting on the validity of the op-ed, it should trouble anyone to see somebody fired over an op-ed.

You fukin crybabies
The responses in this thread are emblematic of why Oklahoma ranks near the bottom in most every Quality of Life metric. Congratulations, apes! You contribute to the self-fulfilling prophecy on a daily basis.
Typical condescending response of the supposed moral police.

Nothing better than limp-wristed soy-boy lectures on internet message boards.

The above comment also indicates who the true fascists are in America.

Last edited:
I have no quams about my feelings on the O'Colly. It has been a piece of crap for many years. It started making that move when I was on the campus in the 70's and has been sliding downhill ever sense. Here is my opinion.....

What is reflected in this so called paper represents what is being taught in journalism programs across this country. It is nothing more than trying to leverage society with pure propaganda. It has no intention in equality, just telling a story or allowing others to voice their displeasure with any thing outside the editors or in this case the journalism professor's prospective.

Bottom line, it is all about trying to drive society toward liberalism.

Now can you help us understand why liberal sees it necessary to personally attack those who disagree with it? Calling people apes, classy action. Basically what you did here is just add more fuel to the fire. Reflect on that one a little.

I’ll continue to patiently wait for some sort of data suggesting this is some sort of threat to healthy college age people.

It’s only been a year and a half of nothing but constant squealing and wailing.

People losing jobs simply b/c of expressing opinions? And doing so in a traditionally safe environment to do so?

Losing their job?

For expressing OPINION??

This isn't a risk? Really?

I have no quams about my feelings on the O'Colly. It has been a piece of crap for many years. It started making that move when I was on the campus in the 70's and has been sliding downhill ever sense. Here is my opinion.....

What is reflected in this so called paper represents what is being taught in journalism programs across this country. It is nothing more than trying to leverage society with pure propaganda. It has no intention in equality, just telling a story or allowing others to voice their displeasure with any thing outside the editors or in this case the journalism professor's prospective.

Bottom line, it is all about trying to drive society toward liberalism.

Now can you help us understand why liberal sees it necessary to personally attack those who disagree with it? Calling people apes, classy action. Basically what you did here is just add more fuel to the fire. Reflect on that one a little.

Unfortunately it is not just journalism departments teaching this BS. It spreads through all colleges on the majority of campuses.

Reactions: squeak and killmnl
I’ll continue to patiently wait for some sort of data suggesting this is some sort of threat to healthy college age people.

It’s only been a year and a half of nothing but constant squealing and wailing.
I know this opinion will be unpopular to the majority on this website but when the personal freedom angle was used as a counter argument to refuse mask wearing it ignored the reality that personal freedom doesn’t allow you to possibly endanger other people. You can’t drive 100 mph in a school zone or on sidewalks to exercise your personal freedom.

It has been shown through data that asymptomatic people have infected others and to negative effect for those people. Some more fragile individuals have died when contracting the virus from younger supposedly healthy individuals who were shedding virus but with minor or no symptoms.

The best known guidance on virtually any Pandemic presently or in the past included what we’re asked to do, wear masks, social distance, and avoid large gatherings unless you’re fully vaccinated. In other countries around the world that followed that guidance across their population more successfully have a much smaller rate of deaths percentage wise and hospitals that aren’t overrun with the unvaccinated. That data should matter to Americans because it shows how our division and ignorance have resulted in thousands of deaths that didn’t have to happen in the supposedly educated and evolved United States of America! Our death toll compared to other advanced nations should be an embarrassment for Americans but instead we’re so self-absorbed we can’t be bothered to acknowledge it!

We continue to show the world how little we care for others and how selfish we are relative to any type of unified approach to battling a virus that has proven to be deadly for way too many people. We can’t put political division aside even to unify against a worldwide virus that continues to infect and kill as most educated people should.

For a supposedly Christian nation to show this indifference to its neighbor by ignoring simple guidance defies the second greatest commandment from Jesus! The first being” Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul followed by LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!”

I doubt this person was removed due to one editorial. She personified the selfish angle with that editorial but we don’t know the whole story. This may have been the final straw of many we don’t know. Generally, it takes more than one issue to cause an action such as this to take place, especially in a student run enterprise like the O’Colly is.

I know this opinion will be unpopular to the majority on this website but when the personal freedom angle was used as a counter argument to refuse mask wearing it ignored the reality that personal freedom doesn’t allow you to possibly endanger other people. You can’t drive 100 mph in a school zone or on sidewalks to exercise your personal freedom.

It has been shown through data that asymptomatic people have infected others and to negative effect for those people. Some more fragile individuals have died when contracting the virus from younger supposedly healthy individuals who were shedding virus but with minor or no symptoms.

The best known guidance on virtually any Pandemic presently or in the past included what we’re asked to do, wear masks, social distance, and avoid large gatherings unless you’re fully vaccinated. In other countries around the world that followed that guidance across their population more successfully have a much smaller rate of deaths percentage wise and hospitals that aren’t overrun with the unvaccinated. That data should matter to Americans because it shows how our division and ignorance have resulted in thousands of deaths that didn’t have to happen in the supposedly educated and evolved United States of America! Our death toll compared to other advanced nations should be an embarrassment for Americans but instead we’re so self-absorbed we can’t be bothered to acknowledge it!

We continue to show the world how little we care for others and how selfish we are relative to any type of unified approach to battling a virus that has proven to be deadly for way too many people. We can’t put political division aside even to unify against a worldwide virus that continues to infect and kill as most educated people should.

For a supposedly Christian nation to show this indifference to its neighbor by ignoring simple guidance defies the second greatest commandment from Jesus! The first being” Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul followed by LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!”

I doubt this person was removed due to one editorial. She personified the selfish angle with that editorial but we don’t know the whole story. This may have been the final straw of many we don’t know. Generally, it takes more than one issue to cause an action such as this to take place, especially in a student run enterprise like the O’Colly is.

Mandatory masking did little to nothing as far as the death toll. People of all political stripes, who wore masks at Walmart or Target threw them off when they got home, and when they got together with their friends and family behind closed doors. This is what drove the spread, not some Bubba refusing to wear his mask during a 5 minute stop at 7-11.

The countries with "much smaller death rates" had draconian lockdowns for an extended period of time. That was just not going to happen here. Most of Europe has a similar death rate to the US.

Look, I didn't have a problem with the masks during the height of the pandemic. If it offered a little bit of help from the spread, cool, whatever I wore it in public. But at this point of the pandemic, where you have free and available vaccines that protect vulnerable people from severe disease, I'm done changing my life for this virus. Why would we treat it any different than the flu or RSV, which kill 10s of thousands of Americans every year, at this point since 70%+ Americans are protected.?

Last edited:
"First they take away the Horse medicine Than they take away the Horse’s for Border Patrol,,,beginning to think this Biden is against Horse’s so I will be starting a group called Horse’s for Trump where they will be “Safe” from the liberal’s with their CRT and their “science” Wow" - the Troglodytes on this Board

Reactions: davidallen

Masks or no masks….it’s an opinion IN AND OP-ED. If this was the reason for the dismissal then that’s terrible on the paper.

The news media in general has never been held in lower regard than it is today. I wonder why?

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
"First they take away the Horse medicine Than they take away the Horse’s for Border Patrol,,,beginning to think this Biden is against Horse’s so I will be starting a group called Horse’s for Trump where they will be “Safe” from the liberal’s with their CRT and their “science” Wow" - the Troglodytes on this Board
You know Ivermectin is an FDA approved medicine for people don't you?

I'm not qualified to determine whether or not it should be used for COVID, but people get the prescription for other uses all of the time.

But you're like most radical leftists aren't you? You don't care about facts, only furthering a Marxist agenda.

🙄🙄🙄

Because mask wearing improves quality of life. FFS. You one of the cvntz in this video?

Unfortunately had to move this one to the pol board. Did leave a redirect on the Corral for those who have commented but don't normally browse the politics board.

Yours was the first post in this thread that I disagree with, and I have a pretty fcukin’ high quality of life, fcukwad.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000

Nope. I have made the determination that me not wearing a mask poses no danger to other people. If you don’t trust my opinion, then there are other measures you can take to protect yourself which don’t involve imposing on my freedom. 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT