ADVERTISEMENT

If Chandler Roger win tomorrow agaist the #4 ranked guy in the Nation does he stay as the starter?

If Chandler Roger wins tomorrow against the #4 guy in the Nation does he stay as the starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
Even if Kyle can come back healthy. I'm not in John's camp on this matter, Chandler has shown he will be pushing the action the whole match. Kyle cruises until he needs the points and then scores, PSU is wrestling a exciting style, the same way Chandler is. If your trying to promote wrestling who do you think should be out there. After the Missouri dual I felt Kyle should of sat on Sunday just because of the way he wrestled against Missouri and now OU. John said he wanted more matches for Chandler, then why didn't he put him in against Iowa State? It was the perfect time to make a statement to Kyle (if your not trying to score then sit on the bench). That would of waked Kyle up!

Last edited:
Kyle is a proven commodity.

Is he perfect? No. He plays it too close, which can come back and bite you in the ass like it did last night.

Not sure where some of the OSU faithful is getting Chandler Rogers can beat Brian Realbuto. What makes you believe Chandler is in that level of wrestler? Not saying he can't be, just wondering what you're seeing that makes you think the second team OSU wrestler can beat last year's NCAA runner-up.

Kyle is a proven commodity.

Is he perfect? No. He plays it too close, which can come back and bite you in the ass like it did last night.

Not sure where some of the OSU faithful is getting Chandler Rogers can beat Brian Realbuto. What makes you believe Chandler is in that level of wrestler? Not saying he can't be, just wondering what you're seeing that makes you think the second team OSU wrestler can beat last year's NCAA runner-up.
Don't know, but will know after tomorrow OU loser!

I think Rogers would provide more bonus points early but don't see him beating the top 4-6 guys. Kyle may have you sweating most of his matches but can wrestle with and beat any of the top guys at the weight outside of Nickal (in my opinion).

Reactions: similar2
We had this same discussion last year....only it was Crutchmer vs Jordan Rodgers. Rodgers was the guy who could put up all the points with all the high flying potential and Crutchmer was the slow steady guy who could beat (or lose to) anyone. Granted, I think Chandler Rodgers is a much more talented wrestler than his brother, but no way no how does he take the spot of a returning all american just because he has a high ceiling. All of this depends on the severity of Kyle's injury. I'm pretty sure Chandler is wrestling tomorrow regardless. Kyle's hurt and has beaten Realbuto already. No reason to put him out there at less than 100% and risk a potential seed in March.

Reactions: osu2082
Rogers has beaten the number 10 guy twice convincingly and even though realbuto pinned him it could have just as easily been called a pin for Rogers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

chandler has proven he can beat top 20 wrestlers this year. He pinned ottinger twice, finished 4th at scuffle (while beating crutchmer 5-1), and pinned strogh from Wyoming. Its not even a comparison with Jordan. As far as realbuto, he had him on his back and was very close to pinning him before getting pinned. IMO, he would be an all American at nationals with more bonus points.

Mike, met you and you see, to b a good guy, wtf the insults. I don't get it...
I raised you better than that Micco. You are a potty mouth! I am mailing Mrs. Micco a bar of soap and she will clean out your mouth. Seriously, I hope no one votes in the poll. We all have a right to our opinions but this does not seem right to me. John will and should put out the better wrestler and I bow to his vastly superior wrestling knowledge in this. The inmates are not running the asylum yet.

Lyco, Mike and I are good friends, it's just the way we talk to each other. It's all fun and games between us.

Now oberebo on the other hand....

Reactions: oberebo
I raised you better than that Micco. You are a potty mouth! I am mailing Mrs. Micco a bar of soap and she will clean out your mouth. Seriously, I hope no one votes in the poll. We all have a right to our opinions but this does not seem right to me. John will and should put out the better wrestler and I bow to his vastly superior wrestling knowledge in this. The inmates are not running the asylum yet.
That soap will still taste better than 90% of the meals you've ever made. Especially the chicken cacciatore. Or as I liked to call it, "Drumsticks from Hell".

Wow. Not taking anything away from chandler, he's supremely talented and is a great add to the team, but how quickly have we forgotten what crutchmer is capable of? He's the guy who took Matt brown to OT, shouldve beaten Logan storley at ncaas had it not been for some terrible officiating, and who knocked off Mike Evans for fifth. It's way too early to bail on him fellas.

Because he is a good friend of mine, we even have broken bread together. If he keeps calling me "poopy face" he is going to sleep with the fishes! lol

That soap will still taste better than 90% of the meals you've ever made. Especially the chicken cacciatore. Or as I liked to call it, "Drumsticks from Hell".
Micco, you have crossed the line. You can kick my dog, insult my hairstyle, make fun of my taste in music, or laugh at my leisure suits (back in the day) BUT attacking my gastronomical masterpieces is not fair play.

I support both kids. Kyle is so strong he can beat anybody, so conservative he can lose to anybody, he has both a high and a low ceiling. Chandler will have more trouble with the bigger guys at the weight than Kyle but will pin more people than Kyle and can pin anybody from way more positions and if the ref would have just blown the whistle while realbuto was flat on his back you wouldnt be asking why anyone thinks Chandler can beat him. I from a selfish standpoint love watching what i call the osu style of wrestling which Chandler more resembles and therefore root for him to get the spot but will root just as loud and obnoxiously as ever if Kyle is out there.

Imo Think it depends on the foot/ankle. If 100% KC has good chance of beating the best guys in a close match, ex Nickal if well scouted stay aware from his strength Bo will have a hard time scoring on KC. With CR, he can beat a lot of guys, but if he doesn't pin guys like Bo (not sure that's possible) the first time, it probably ain't gonna happen. If KC isn't 100% it will be very difficult to do what he does well enough to win the close tough bouts.

Micco, you have crossed the line. You can kick my dog, insult my hairstyle, make fun of my taste in music, or laugh at my leisure suits (back in the day) BUT attacking my gastronomical masterpieces is not fair play.
1) I'd never attack Sammy. Your hairstyle, lack of taste in music not named Eddie Vedder, and grooming habits are almost too easy to make fun of. The list of things easier to do than make fun of you....very small. Much like your hair line.

As a show of good faith, I shall refrain from attacking your gourmet creations. In fact, I shall compliment them.

Your rolls make the greatest brick replacements for my house ever! Kudos to you!

I've never been more full than after eating a slice of your chicken gravy! So proud!

I've never found a better salt lick to attract deer in the wild than your meatloaf. Woohoo!

Your Spam Surprise is the best in the entire neighborhood! If your neighborhood happens to be in the middle of a war-torn country. Congrats!

Your food made pulling weight in high school more of a blessing than a chore. I really appreciated that.

I found a love for all things Ramen after eating your your cabbage and sausage. And I have you to thank for it. Extra special!

1) I'd never attack Sammy. Your hairstyle, lack of taste in music not named Eddie Vedder, and grooming habits are almost too easy to make fun of. The list of things easier to do than make fun of you....very small. Much like your hair line.

As a show of good faith, I shall refrain from attacking your gourmet creations. In fact, I shall compliment them.

Your rolls make the greatest brick replacements for my house ever! Kudos to you!

I've never been more full than after eating a slice of your chicken gravy! So proud!

I've never found a better salt lick to attract deer in the wild than your meatloaf. Woohoo!

Your Spam Surprise is the best in the entire neighborhood! If your neighborhood happens to be in the middle of a war-torn country. Congrats!

Your food made pulling weight in high school more of a blessing than a chore. I really appreciated that.

I found a love for all things Ramen after eating your your cabbage and sausage. And I have you to thank for it. Extra special!
My dog's name is Stevie, not Sammy. I believe Sammy was the name of the dog you dated pre-Mrs. Micco.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT