ADVERTISEMENT

I thought climate change was serious

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
Hey libs, if climate change is so serious, and electric vehicles are a key component of the solution, then why incentivize only Union-made EVs? Is a Toyota or Tesla EV not just as good at eliminating automative carbon discharge? Its BS political givebacks like this that indicate to myself and millions of others that even those that scream loudest about climate change don't actually believe it.

Hey libs, if climate change is so serious, and electric vehicles are a key component of the solution, then why incentivize only Union-made EVs? Is a Toyota or Tesla EV not just as good at eliminating automative carbon discharge? Its BS political givebacks like this that indicate to myself and millions of others that even those that scream loudest about climate change don't actually believe it.
Personally not a fan of the union centric incentives. Comes down to political expediency and pivoting of jobs. Maybe if this wasn't a right v. left debate such compromises/ coalitions wouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Personally not a fan of the union centric incentives. Comes down to political expediency and pivoting of jobs. Maybe if this wasn't a right v. left debate such compromises/ coalitions wouldn't be necessary.

or maybe if the most obnoxious climate alarmists actually pretended they believed in it by living their life as if it was an emergency this wouldn’t be necessary. How is the Google/China relationship in regards to the inevitable climate crisis? Are you guys pleased with their new coal plants? I’m sure you will be making a righteous stand as a corporation any day now.

Actions like this simply demonstrate that climate change is nothing more than a trojan horse for filling the coffers of the groups that support them.

or maybe if the most obnoxious climate alarmists actually pretended they believed in it by living their life as if it was an emergency this wouldn’t be necessary. How is the Google/China relationship in regards to the inevitable climate crisis? Are you guys pleased with their new coal plants? I’m sure you will be making a righteous stand as a corporation any day now.
I've asked you several times to detail this "relationship". Ready to present your case to the board?

Early in 2020, some NASA scientists told me we're in a Solar minimum. YouTube removed the videos.

Denver saw it's earliest freeze on record in 2020. In February, 2021 all 254 counties in Texas were under winter storm watch for the first time ever. The CenTex saw record cold.

The Warmists would have at least some credibility if they wouldn't suppress data that didn't fit the narrative.

I've asked you several times to detail this "relationship". Ready to present your case to the board?

Simple common sense should be enough for you to at least suspect the relationship but either you have none or your indoctrination is do deep it overcomes what little common sense you once possessed.

I like this site, it takes a pragmatic approach.

Did google.cn allow for the communist government to spread falsehoods about our country and theirs, censor truth that could be harmful to our citizens and theirs or operate in a way that would be obviously hypocritical based on the woke bs that was spread by your company here in America?

Here us an article on the current goings on between woke alphabet company and the human rights stand out Chinese government. Any attempt to seperate Chinese military/government/business will be laughed at immediately.

Simple common sense should be enough for you to at least suspect the relationship but either you have none or your indoctrination is do deep it overcomes what little common sense you once possessed.
I admire your skills in making the simple even less complex. It seems getting through to the slow would not be beyond your reach. But alas......

Reactions: iasooner2000
Did google.cn allow for the communist government to spread falsehoods about our country and theirs, censor truth that could be harmful to our citizens and theirs or operate in a way that would be obviously hypocritical based on the woke bs that was spread by your company here in America?
Do you want to litigate something that occurred between 2006 to 2010? I thought you might have meant something from the past decade.

Simple? I doubt you really understand the history of Google and China. You could start with this article - it does a decent job of laying out the history of what happened.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Simple? I doubt you really understand the history of Google and Chine. You could start with this article - it does a decent job of laying out the history of what happened.

Mike pence calling you out killed operation dragon fly?

Do you want to litigate something that occurred between 2006 to 2010? I thought you might have meant something from the past decade.
Dragging out the old Bill Clinton defense, are you? (That’s old news! Move along, nothing to see here.)

Helping the Chinese silence their citizens and probably find out which ones to disappear is so ten years ago?
Can you point to something happening now that "silences their citizens"? Nothing in the CNBC link alledges anything about any of that. In 2010 Google exited the search business due in part to the risk that China would use meta data from searches to the detriment of citizens.

Can you point to something happening now that "silences their citizens"? Nothing in the CNBC link alledges anything about any of that. In 2010 Google exited the search business due in part to the risk that China would use meta data from searches to the detriment of citizens.

it took your super smart group of wokesters four years to come to that conclusion when everyone knew that’s what would happen before 2006? Who do you think is going to buy that? That’s completely asinine.

it took your super smart group of wokesters four years to come to that conclusion when everyone knew that’s what would happen before 2006? Who do you think is going to buy that? That’s completely asinine.
You should definitely be an internet entrepreneur.... Eric Schmidt is an amateur compared to you.

It is not. At all. Even if it did, it would be an incorrect conclusion.

Google's first foray into Chinese markets was a short-lived experiment. Google China’s search engine was launched in 2006 and abruptly pulled from mainland China in 2010 amid a major hack of the company and disputes over censorship of search results. But in August 2018, the investigative journalism website The Intercept reported that the company was working on a secret prototype of a new, censored Chinese search engine, called Project Dragonfly. Amid a furor from human rights activists and some Google employees, US Vice President Mike Pence called on the company to kill Dragonfly, saying it would “strengthen Communist Party censorship and compromise the privacy of Chinese customers.” In mid-December, The Intercept reported that Google had suspended its development efforts in response to complaints from the company's own privacy team, who learned about the project from the investigative website's reporting.

Google's first foray into Chinese markets was a short-lived experiment. Google China’s search engine was launched in 2006 and abruptly pulled from mainland China in 2010 amid a major hack of the company and disputes over censorship of search results. But in August 2018, the investigative journalism website The Intercept reported that the company was working on a secret prototype of a new, censored Chinese search engine, called Project Dragonfly. Amid a furor from human rights activists and some Google employees, US Vice President Mike Pence called on the company to kill Dragonfly, saying it would “strengthen Communist Party censorship and compromise the privacy of Chinese customers.” In mid-December, The Intercept reported that Google had suspended its development efforts in response to complaints from the company's own privacy team, who learned about the project from the investigative website's reporting.

They buried it in the first paragraph.

Cut him some slack.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
The Intercept reported that Google had suspended its development efforts in response to complaints from the company's own privacy team, who learned about the project from the investigative website's reporting.

• Haha
The Intercept reported that Google had suspended its development efforts in response to complaints from the company's own privacy team, who learned about the project from the investigative website's reporting.

Oh so Google had no clue what was happening before someone else investigated it. When all of us knew in the 90’s that China suppressed information to their citizens. It used to be something liberals looked down upon as Americans with our “free press.”

Give me a break dave, I don’t know why you are even engaging in this topic.

I'm just hoping you can describe this "relationship" you keep referring to....

I did, I linked an article from CNBC that shows what is going on now. And you linked one that said Google was all in on helping them kill their citizens until they got caught. I’m sorry this is happening to you, but you shouldn’t try to take up for your corporation with blind loyalty. If you had an embarrassment gene it would be kicking in now.

In regards to the climate crisis you should be screaming at the top of your lungs about china’s emissions, but you are just quietly making money off of them hoping another George Floyd comes along to steal the news cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT