ADVERTISEMENT

I pulled the trigger on Bitcoin. Anyone else invested?

IMO it’s easier to track criminal activity with BTC bc it’s logged on the black chain. Imagine your life logged on a public forum and your ID was “CowboyJD” and we get to see everything you’ve ever done.

But imagine if I wasn’t an idiot when it comes to bitcoin and instead of CowboyJD, my ID was K756xWX****ThePolice....and I didn’t use that ID anywhere else, and there was no connection to that fabulous ID and my real identity anywhere like there is here or with bank accounts.

Whereas if I’m depositing my cash in bank accounts, there is going to be a connection with my real identity or if I’m storing all my cash in bulk in my house, it’s connected to me by proximity.

That’s what I understand is the difference based upon what I’ve been told by supposed LE experts...but I’m not vouching for the accuracy and truth of that...the whole BTC deal is outside of my purview, experience, and expertise.

But imagine if I wasn’t an idiot when it comes to bitcoin and instead of CowboyJD, my ID was K756xWX****ThePolice....and I didn’t use that ID anywhere else, and there was no connection to that fabulous ID and my real identity anywhere like there is here or with bank accounts.

Whereas if I’m depositing my cash in bank accounts, there is going to be a connection with my real identity or if I’m storing all my cash in bulk in my house, it’s connected to me by proximity.

That’s what I understand is the difference based upon what I’ve been told by supposed LE experts...but I’m not vouching for the accuracy and truth of that...the whole BTC deal is outside of my purview, experience, and expertise.
I don’t know how to buy btc without using an app like Coinbase. Coinbase will take info to identify you. That info will be attached to the public key. So, if there is a transaction out there associated with your public key, then in theory it can be tracked to you.

Reactions: SomeBeach
I don’t know how to buy btc without using an app like Coinbase. Coinbase will take info to identify you. That info will be attached to the public key. So, if there is a transaction out there associated with your public key, then in theory it can be tracked to you.
What if you mine it or bought it other ways from miners in the early days. Not every flash drive has a public key attached. Most people like yourself aren’t looking to use this to purchase illegal things. So you would use coin base. There are other ways to buy. What about the new BTC atm things. Can you trade cash for bit coin there?

What if you mine it or bought it other ways from miners in the early days. Not every flash drive has a public key attached. Most people like yourself aren’t looking to use this to purchase illegal things. So you would use coin base. There are other ways to buy. What about the new BTC atm things. Can you trade cash for bit coin there?
Good points. I’m not sure what info you have to provide at those atms or if you need to use a card that would associate you with the transaction. Also, I could sell someone my btc on a paper wallet and the buyer could remain anonymous I suppose.

That is interesting, but look what is happening right now with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. It fell more than 30 percent only last week. I am not a professional trader, but I guess it will fall further. Because you shouldn't be a professional trader to understand that history repeats itself, and sooner or later it will reach again a new height. I already contacted my online broker, who holds some of my shares at Apple, and I told him to sell them all and invest in Bitcoin. Hope everything will be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyTanker
The issue I have with bitcoin long term is that there are already a ton of different crypto currencies, more coming along every day. While cryptocurrency in general my explode in value.. WHICH one? Theres nothing to say that Bitcoin doesn't get left in the dust by some new coins that we haven't head of yet.

The issue I have with bitcoin long term is that there are already a ton of different crypto currencies, more coming along every day. While cryptocurrency in general my explode in value.. WHICH one? Theres nothing to say that Bitcoin doesn't get left in the dust by some new coins that we haven't head of yet.
The number of coins is limited and all transactions are recorded on the blockchain. It’s decentralized and can’t be manipulated. I don’t know much about other coins, but those facts plus it’s popularity give it a huge advantage over all other coins IMO. I’M

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Took $1000 and put in 20 different cheap altcoins- most seem to be trending the same as BTC. I did barely any research but I did do some. I don't know much about it- but if just one of those hits like bitcoin..........Seems like i read a headline the other day that was very favorable to crypto as far as the Fed was concerned but I didn't read. If the Feds keep a lock on everything I would guess they will either pick one crypto to replace the dollar - but I feel they won't let crypto be too successful if they can't control it. If the Fed loses its grip on us I could see crypto going crazy.

I Have not decided whether to hold in the future like I have started buying some silver to hold just in case the dollar falls apecrap- or if one or some of these altcoins actually hits to sell. Just for fun so far and I again very little knowledge on crypto

Took $1000 and put in 20 different cheap altcoins- most seem to be trending the same as BTC. I did barely any research but I did do some. I don't know much about it- but if just one of those hits like bitcoin..........Seems like i read a headline the other day that was very favorable to crypto as far as the Fed was concerned but I didn't read. If the Feds keep a lock on everything I would guess they will either pick one crypto to replace the dollar - but I feel they won't let crypto be too successful if they can't control it. If the Fed loses its grip on us I could see crypto going crazy.

I Have not decided whether to hold in the future like I have started buying some silver to hold just in case the dollar falls apecrap- or if one or some of these altcoins actually hits to sell. Just for fun so far and I again very little knowledge on crypto
Well I shouldn’t have to ever do a search for crypto news going forward now.

Did you hang onto ALGO Vito?
Yes my ALGO is a long term investment for me. I look at it as one I will either hit the big times or lose it all. I love the guy who designed it and I really like the technology it uses. I think it is a better Bitcoin in a sense. I was buying in the dip I haven't paid more then 1.01 a coin. I am going to sit back to see where this goes before buying more. I love the 6% return on it also.

Reactions: Cowpoke
Yes my ALGO is a long term investment for me. I look at it as one I will either hit the big times or lose it all. I love the guy who designed it and I really like the technology it uses. I think it is a better Bitcoin in a sense. I was buying in the dip I haven't paid more then 1.01 a coin. I am going to sit back to see where this goes before buying more. I love the 6% return on it also.

Wish I had bought more. I just threw some play money at it somewhere around 1.20 back when I read your post.

Wish I had bought more. I just threw some play money at it somewhere around 1.20 back when I read your post.
I had no clue what it was doing until your post today so thank you. I pretty much just bought a couple cryptos in the dip. I cashed out of AMP and then rebought when it hit like 5 cents a again. I then doubled down on ALGO at like 75 cents or something. After that I haven't logged into my coinbase account until today. Glad you got a little money into at least. My BIL was all upset he bought into some coin like several thousand held it forever and a couple weeks ago dumped it for a slight profit. Last weekend it went to like 7 bucks a coin. He was pissed. If ALGO is ever around a buck it is a good buy IMO.

I was thinking about getting into amp today. Going by nothing more than it's chart it seems like a good spot to buy.

I was thinking about getting into amp today. Going by nothing more than it's chart it seems like a good spot to buy.
With AMP anything in the 4-5 cents range should be good. I look at that one though as a multi year investment right now. I love the real world application though it has and it has a following so that is always a nice extra. I don't even know what it is at right now.

I've got a fair amount of crypto. Cardano, Ethereum, XRP, Binance Coin, Aave, and VeChain. It's going to be an interesting next few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: OSU_Orlando
Checking in here with BTC, ETH, ADA, LINK, Matic, and a small handful of XRP.

Another that I have a bit of exposure in is SNX but that’s more long term hold and let sit in my Celsius account.

Checking in here with BTC, ETH, ADA, LINK, Matic, and a small handful of XRP.

Another that I have a bit of exposure in is SNX but that’s more long term hold and let sit in my Celsius account.
You may wish you had more than a "small handful" of XRP.

@Cowpoke just want to say Thanks again. I had been really busy the last couple months and would have missed out on the ALGO pump. I made more then double and have cashed out. I think another big dip is coming and I have everything in cash ready to buy. I think China is going to f s*** up again and I will be there ready to buy baby!!!

Good deal, glad you made some $. I didn't sell, though I knew it would crash a bit after that spike. If I had a lot invested I definitely would have taken some profits.

@Cowpoke just want to say Thanks again. I had been really busy the last couple months and would have missed out on the ALGO pump. I made more then double and have cashed out. I think another big dip is coming and I have everything in cash ready to buy. I think China is going to f s*** up again and I will be there ready to buy baby!!!
I think it's mostly up for the rest of the year.

Ok I was able to finally slow down in life and asses my crypto wallets. I guess I still have a pretty nice size of XLM sitting in an account. I forgot all about this and didn't touch it since it was still so low. Looks like that is on its way up now though. Now I need ALGO to dip to the 1.20ish range and hopefully get all my monies back in that one. I am telling you people it will be the one to compete with BTC.

Ok I was able to finally slow down in life and asses my crypto wallets. I guess I still have a pretty nice size of XLM sitting in an account. I forgot all about this and didn't touch it since it was still so low. Looks like that is on its way up now though. Now I need ALGO to dip to the 1.20ish range and hopefully get all my monies back in that one. I am telling you people it will be the one to compete with BTC.
What is so great about Algo?

I'm holding Ethereum, Cardano, XRP, Vechain, Binance Coin, and Aave. Bought a bunch more XRP today and will buy more tomorrow. It's a good day!

For no reason other than I like the look of the Shiba Inu dog, I bought some SHIB on October 1st and it's done pretty well the past month. I should probably cash out but I'm leaning toward holding on to it long-term and see what it does.

For no reason other than I like the look of the Shiba Inu dog, I bought some SHIB on October 1st and it's done pretty well the past month. I should probably cash out but I'm leaning toward holding on to it long-term and see what it does.
Shib is not a long term play. Make your money and get out.

Reactions: OrangePhish
You guys make anything on the AMP pump last night? doubled again last night.

Hey! Yeah, this thread is pretty old, but I'm glad you brought it back up. I personally invested in Bitcoin a while ago, and it's been a wild ride. But honestly, I feel like there's still potential to make money with it. I think that the forex market is way more profitable, but it's just my opinion, nothing more than that. As for strategies, one that's been working well for me lately is the RSI trading strategy. It's definitely worth looking into if you haven't already. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey! Yeah, this thread is pretty old, but I'm glad you brought it back up. I personally invested in Bitcoin a while ago, and it's been a wild ride. But honestly, I feel like there's still potential to make money with it. I think that the forex market is way more profitable, but it's just my opinion, nothing more than that. As for strategies, one that's been working well for me lately is the RSI trading strategy. It's definitely worth looking into if you haven't already. Good luck!
Suspicious Mona Lisa GIF by Parks and Recreation

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Bait Clickbait GIF by Leeds United

• Haha
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT