ADVERTISEMENT

I Know It’s Shallow Of Me

I think they've lost their gd mind. They'll never come close to duplicating the success they've had in the B12. Never. They have a perfect setup. And if they think that tv $ will soothe losses and a pissed off fan base... well.... that would be wrong.

If we end up in the B10 this could be an epic, historic, self own on OU's part.
Six straight conference titles against shitty patsies is not what I call success.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Just FYI
Big 12 not OU since 2017 10-6 in bowl games
OU since 2017 is 1-3
If OU had been playing in the "Aunt Jemima" bowl (or whatever trash bowls the little 9 get invited to) they would likely be 4-0. But for OU, the little 9 would still be awaiting its first CFP invitation.
Oh, so you went undefeated against those patsies for the last 6 years?

That sort of makes my point. OU won the conference last year with two losses. Theoretically, it could have won with 3 losses (the OU-WVU game was inconsequential and thus permanently canceled). That right there is the mark of inferior competition.

Regardless. I'd rather my team go 7-5 in a superior league than consistently go 10-2/11-1 against teams that simply aren't any good.

If OU had been playing in the "Aunt Jemima" bowl (or whatever trash bowls the little 9 get invited to) they would likely be 4-0. But for OU, the little 9 would still be awaiting its first CFP invitation.

That sort of makes my point. OU won the conference last year with two losses. Theoretically, it could have won with 3 losses (the OU-WVU game was inconsequential and thus permanently canceled). That right there is the mark of inferior competition.

Regardless. I'd rather my team go 7-5 in a superior league than consistently go 10-2/11-1 against teams that simply aren't any good.
You say that now, but I suspect if OU goes 7-5 two or three years in a row in the SEC you might feel differently.

I sometimes get the impression you let your emotions override your common sense. The Big 12 has not been a conference of patsies. There have been some very good teams in the conference over the years. It was not that long ago that Bob Stoops insisted the SEC sans its top two or three teams is no better than the Big 12. OU’s football team has been the cream of the Big 12 crop, and it’s a record in which all OU fans should be proud. By saying the rest of the league is nothing but a bunch of patsies you are diminishing OU’s achievement.

If things end up as well for OSU as many believe will happen the demise of the Big 12 may be the best thing that could have happened to Cowboy sports, at which time we will owe Texas and OU a huge debt of gratitude. Here’s hoping that happens!

Now, lets please put this thread to rest. It was never intended to have people get into a pissing contest over Bedlam. I meant what I said to be taken as light hearted joviality, showing the degree of pleasure I felt when the soccer women lost.

You say that now, but I suspect if OU goes 7-5 two or three years in a row in the SEC you might feel differently.

I sometimes get the impression you let your emotions override your common sense. The Big 12 has not been a conference of patsies. There have been some very good teams in the conference over the years. It was not that long ago that Bob Stoops insisted the SEC sans its top two or three teams is no better than the Big 12. OU’s football team has been the cream of the Big 12 crop, and it’s a record in which all OU fans should be proud. By saying the rest of the league is nothing but a bunch of patsies you are diminishing OU’s achievement.

If things end up as well for OSU as many believe will happen the demise of the Big 12 may be the best thing that could have happened to Cowboy sports, at which time we will owe Texas and OU a huge debt of gratitude. Here’s hoping that happens!

Now, lets please put this thread to rest. It was never intended to have people get into a pissing contest over Bedlam. I meant what I said to be taken as light hearted joviality, showing the degree of pleasure I felt when the soccer women lost.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
Have you ever mastered any sort of game/sport to the point where it stops being fun? That's what Big XII football was getting to be like in Norman (seriously, no one wins 6 straight conference titles in any decent league).

OU is definitely going to lose a lot more games in the SEC, and there certainly won't be any "sexpeat" of conference titles, but OU will also play in and win a lot more regular-season big games, which were far too few in the Big XII.

BTW, Dan-O, is that your turkey leg from 2013?

R.5de63d7f1485e00ae6262e792f186174

I remember OSU winning the last 13 conference tournament titles in Big 8 Baseball.

I loved it every time

Reactions: Medic007
You have no idea if the irony of your post.
This is what bothers me. We have ZERO in common with Rutgers or Maryland. They both have subpar athletics and are AAU universities. If the rumors about KS joining are true, obviously eyeballs haven't been a driving factor in B1G admission. We're an outlier in every way. You'd think if we were really being pursued, there'd be some media guy pick up on it in BiG or PAC country.

KU joining would again blow up any narrative that football eyeballs and not academics are driving the conferences' admissions this time. Ultimately college presidents decide, don't they? They are academic, east coasters that don't give a rat's patoot about sports media takes or esoteric viewership models, their heads are in academics and academic prestige. They probably hate sports, if you want the truth.

It's also not a foregone conclusion that every big 12 school is running screaming for the exit or that the BiG or PAC are in a hurry now. 2025 is still 4 full seasons away.

We're also all going to die eventually. I'll be back for more fun convo later.

@ThorOdinson13 I hope this lib take is wrong.

First time in my life I've pulled for another country over the US team.

The followers on that team that kneeled with that c%^t are miserable too.
They were basically telling the world: “We hate our own country and its government.”

Crazy thing about it is that these other countries are worse than we are when it comes to civil rights.

Wow. OSU must have mopped up on CWS titles during that period, right? Except for the year that OU won it, I guess.

yep, Bucky Buckels pitched them to a CWS win. During that stretch, the Cowboys went to 8 straight CWSs and made it to the title game twice but never got the title during that stretch

baseball is a streaky game

It's a shame that some of the women on that team abused their position of notoriety to push their personal politics on the world stage. If anything sports should unite us not divide us but some of those women chose to put themselves above everything that is good about sports. As far as I'm concerned that is unforgivable and they can all rot.
Kind of like 1968 when the black athletes protested. Just keep your mouth shut and be good or we will make life worse than it already is for you. I applaud athletes pushing neocons to accept all citizens not just white straight people. I for one believe we should appreciate all of our citizens. I know you haters do not like LGBTQ or racial minorities.

• Haha
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
Kind of like 1968 when the black athletes protested. Just keep your mouth shut and be good or we will make life worse than it already is for you. I applaud athletes pushing neocons to accept all citizens not just white straight people. I for one believe we should appreciate all of our citizens. I know you haters do not like LGBTQ or racial minorities.
'
Speaking from personal experience, I'd venture to say that it isn't LGBT and minorities that the "haters" hate. It's the persistent race-baiting, in-your-face, communism-loving, gay-sex-loving, America-hating, God-hating, Caucasian-hating assholes that the haters hate.

There was a time when the "haters" were outnumbered and didn't say much. But people exactly like you have stirred up all the division and strife in this country, and have added to the number of haters exponentially. You can shove your pride flag and your 1619 Project.

Last edited:
'
Speaking from personal experience, I'd venture to say that it isn't LGBT and minorities that the "haters" hate. It's the persistent race-baiting, in-your-face, communism-loving, gay-sex-loving, America-hating, God-hating, Caucasian-hating assholes that the haters hate.

There was a time when the "haters" were outnumbered and didn't say much. But people exactly like you have stirred up all the division and strife in this country, and have added to the number of haters exponentially. You can shove your pride flag and your 1619 Project.
Indeed. The problems facing the black community today, after more than 50 years of attempted social engineering and wealth redistribution, are of its own making. As for the LGBTQWXYZLMNOP “community”, they can go pound sand. Their perverted shit is neither wanted nor needed in normal society.

Do you really believe the crap you post?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT