ADVERTISEMENT

I Heard A Great Quote Tonight

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I have long maintained that one of the greatest lines in a song I’ve heard came from Paul Simon in *The Boxer*: “Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.”

Tonight I heard a quote that expresses the same sentiment only in a slightly different way: “No one is so deaf as the man who will not listen.” Almost made my heart stop it was so beautifully put. I’ve tried to find out who said it and as best as I can find the quote is an offshoot of something the English theologian/scholar, Mathew Henry, 1662-1714, had written: “None are so deaf as those that will not hear, none so blind as those who will not see.” That is pure greatness.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I can remember Mega pointing out this song..years ago. Not the lyrics but the unbelievable range of this guys voice. The common thread all musicians have can be as thin as a fish line or as broad as a wheat field. But there is a common thread.
Ok, back to great quotes!

I can remember Mega pointing out this song..years ago. Not the lyrics but the unbelievable range of this guys voice. The common thread all musicians have can be as thin as a fish line or as broad as a wheat field. But there is a common thread.
Ok, back to great quotes!
Musicians of what era though?

I have long maintained that one of the greatest lines in a song I’ve heard came from Paul Simon in *The Boxer*: “Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.”

Tonight I heard a quote that expresses the same sentiment only in a slightly different way: “No one is so deaf as the man who will not listen.” Almost made my heart stop it was so beautifully put. I’ve tried to find out who said it and as best as I can find the quote is an offshoot of something the English theologian/scholar, Mathew Henry, 1662-1714, had written: “None are so deaf as those that will not hear, none so blind as those who will not see.” That is pure greatness.
Rich coming from the "of course I didn't read it" guy. guy

ADVERTISEMENT