ADVERTISEMENT

I guess I'll just be ignorant of current events.

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
FoxNews is demanding that I register with an email addy to read their poorly written, not-proof-read stinky garbage. Other sites want me to pay. Nope.

Morning drive time news talk radio in OKC is all prerecorded or satellite content. No local live anymore. No mention of the crappy winter weather when driving to work.

Newsmax has gone to pay service.

News aggregator sites often link to I-can't-see-it subscription sites like WSJ.

Forget NewsOK.com. Haven't been there in years.

I guess I'll check struggling CNN.com each day and be ignorant of current events.

Ignorance is bliss.

It’s really simple. Their ad dollars are down because reach is down for traditional media.

Also, everyone was demanding such inflated salaries a couple of years ago (not just minimum wage). Staffing was so difficult with such a fickle workforce most businesses had to cave to these demands.

Now, we are all stuck with the bill for both.

P.S. I like to remind people of stuff like this every time they whine about advertising. Who do they think pays for most of what we enjoy?

I’ll add that the minute the US enacts proper consumer data protections (esp social media) these publications can rebound on ad dollars because the hyper-targeting will be greatly limited benefiting EVERYONE.

I’ll add that the minute the US enacts proper consumer data protections (esp social media) these publications can rebound on ad dollars because the hyper-targeting will be greatly limited benefiting EVERYONE.
You think so? I'd think that the data protection reforms being discussed would so generalize the audience that ad penetration rates would plummet, making only the largest companies capable of getting any ROI for their advertising dollars. Web stories will become like broadcast TV, where every commercial is either a non-profit, or a large enough corporate advertiser (car manufacturers and pharmacies) who can market to a broad, untargeted audience to make it worth while.

You think so? I'd think that the data protection reforms being discussed would so generalize the audience that ad penetration rates would plummet, making only the largest companies capable of getting any ROI for their advertising dollars. Web stories will become like broadcast TV, where every commercial is either a non-profit, or a large enough corporate advertiser (car manufacturers and pharmacies) who can market to a broad, untargeted audience to make it worth while.
Everyone will have to go back to making ads that don’t suck to get ROI.

ROI was always there, just not “trackable.”

It’s time to return “risk.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT