ADVERTISEMENT

I gotta go kill something before Bedlam.

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
Pheasants and quail fear me. It's wet and cold. Should be perfect weather for a quick morning hunt

Much like the ballgame we watched later in the day, it was disappointing.

take this from a guy who used to pull up to lewis field for november poke iowa st games with dogs in the truck
i'm jealous regardless!!!

Haha, it was ok. I took my 15 or 16 year old Jack Russell on what was likely her last hunt so I went alone so she could do what she wanted without me worrying about her screwing up someone else's hunt. She was excited to go but the wet cold day killed it for her. Maybe I'll take her to shoot at quail on another day.

what does your dog do on birds?
get birdy and flush?
sounds cool

what does your dog do on birds?
get birdy and flush?
sounds cool
Nothing anymore. When she was young, she would retrieve small birds and catch and kill running wounded pheasants, as well as flush any birds in heavy cover that didn't want to get out.

Nothing anymore. When she was young, she would retrieve small birds and catch and kill running wounded pheasants, as well as flush any birds in heavy cover that didn't want to get out.

Those little dogs are pretty tough. We have our second Jack Russell/Parson Terrier (Broken coat with longer legs) and they are insane when focused on birds or tracking. Fun to watch.
Hope you can find a warmer sunny day to take her out and make some last memories with her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT