ADVERTISEMENT

I got a chance to see four great teams this weekend

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
I covered Mansfield Timberview versus South Grand Prairie on Thursday, I saw Aledo play Parish Episcopal on Friday and was at the Star in Frisco to cover Rockwall and Cedar Hill on Saturday.

Timberview, a region finalist last year in Class 5A, steamrolled SGP, 35-0. Timberview has some players on defense and has some huge offensive linemen.

Aledo, the defending Class 5A state champ in Division 2 - they’ve won three straight titles and have to be considered one of current bigtime dynasties in texas right now (along with Duncanville, North Shore, and Austin Westlake), looked mighty salty in thrashing Parish Episcopal, which is the four-time defending state champion in the large private school division. the score was 50-35, but it wasn’t really that close. The QB for Aledo - Hauss Hejny - is catquick with a great arm who hit some mighty tight windows. He’s a state sprint champion in Class 5A. He’s committed to TCU, but i’m betting he won’t be playing QB as he’s not the biggest kid in the world. Aledo has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and may have the best sophomore running back in the state in a kid by a kid by the name Racine Guillery.

Parish Episcopal has one of the best junior quarterbacks in the state in a kid by the name of Sawyer Anderson. I saw him last year and commented about him. He had a big game, although he did throw two picks.

In the Rockwall-Cedar Hill game, the biggest takeaway I got was how far Cedar Hill has dropped off. Rockwall beat them 56-21. It was 42-7 at the half. Cedar Hill was 2-8 last year and it looks like they’ll have another long season this. They have a new head coach who was not even a coordinator before taking this gig. Cedar Hill sure misses Joey McGuire. Since he’s left, I’m betting that the best players from Cedar Hill end up at Desoto or Dunc (or maybe even SOC).

Rockwall has two nice QBs, a senior who has some offers and a junior - Landyn Locke - who is committed to Wisconsin. Locke’s older brother was a record-setting QB at Rockwall who went to Mississippi St. before transferring to Wisky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.