ADVERTISEMENT

I can't find broadcast info

Old Number Nine

Starter
Jan 20, 2005
I don't know why it has to be so hard to find info about the broadcast (it's probably just me). I can't seem to find anything official saying where the NCAA will be broadcast, just a few post that say maybe espn and/or espn+. I have none of these now but I'll pay for whatever I need for a month if I just knew what it was.

I don't know why it has to be so hard to find info about the broadcast (it's probably just me). I can't seem to find anything official saying where the NCAA will be broadcast, just a few post that say maybe espn and/or espn+. I have none of these now but I'll pay for whatever I need for a month if I just knew what it was.

The NCAA hasn’t officially set session times yet (or at least it isn’t posted on their site) but the thought is it sill follow the same timing as in the past.

As far as TV/steaming if the setup is the same as last year (should be)... All mats will be broadcasted live on ESPN+ along with a multi view or wrestling central feed.

Some early sessions will be on ESPNU as well but on ESPN+ you can pick which mat you want to watch. Friday night semis and Saturday night finals will be live on ESPN. Third place matches should be on ESPN or ESPNU as well.

Thanks for the info. What happens f we have two wrestlers on mats at the same time

Two devices! You can stream espn or espn+ on two devices (phone, computer, iPad, etc) at the same time.

Cowboy wrestling Twitter does a pretty good job of telling you who is in deck and on which may.

From post on another forum:

‐----------------------------------------------------------------

"... closest thing to a legitimate schedule I have seen so far."

"2021 NCAA DIVISION I TELEVISION SCHEDULE

Thursday March 18th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (First Round) ESPNU
2:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 2) ESPNU
6:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 3) ESPN2
9:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 4) ESPN2
11:30 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship REPEAT ESPNU

Friday March 19th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Quarterfinals) ESPNU
3:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 4) ESPNU
8:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Semifinals) ESPN
11:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship REPEAT ESPNU

Saturday March 20th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Medal Round) ESPN2
7:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship Finals ESPN

ESPN3 Service Will Stream Each Mat Through Out Until the Championship Finals."

Reactions: tom_v31
Would you think that the Thursday 2:00 PM and 9:00 PM sessions are consolation rounds? the quarterfinals on Friday morning lead me to believe that. Maybe the 2:00 PM are just pigtail consolations?

FYI... those times are Eastern. My TV guide shows wrestling starting Thursday at 10am central on ESPNU.

osu2082 said the whole tournament would be on ESPN+ so paid for it. Now you say it's on ESPN3, ESPNU and ESPN. Are those all separate streaming platforms that must be paid for?

A friend told me late this afternoon that the Thursday and Friday morning sessions have been split into lower/upper weights. There will now be 8 sessions instead of 6.

Thanks, I signed up for a 14-day trial version of YouTube TV which includes all three as well as unlimited DVR. At $64 a month, I'll be cancelling on the 13th and a 1/2 day.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT