ADVERTISEMENT

I Can Barely Stand The Sight Of Chuck Schumer

But he doesn't mind spending billions of taxpayer dollars on illegals.
He doesn't mind spending billions of taxpayer dollars trying to stop the myth of global warming/climate change.
He doesn't mind giving billions the mullahs.
He doesn't mind supporting planned parenthood, killing millions of unborn babies.

He is a grade A 100% putz! The 5 billion asked for is .0.1% of 1% of the budget, wow that's a treasury breaker. They piss away more money in a term than I could in 1,000 lifetimes. This is all about not giving Trump his campaign promise and nothing more. Fact I bet the glasses he wears are a dam prop.

The merits of who pays for it are well worth debating, but him acting like he is some sort of de-facto protector of taxpayer dollars is a dam hoot. If they are so against it, why not approve the money why not approve the money with the caveat that it will fail and when it does we/libs will hang it around the necks of republicans from now until the second coming.

This is the exact tramp Regan fell into by agreeing to legalize all those criminal bastards in the 80's, for the promise of border security going forward. Very little happened in the way of stopping the flow post legalization.

Personally this is how I feel about the wall. First if it worked for the Israeli's it will work for the US. Second, even if taxpayers do pay for it the money spent will be far offset by the money it takes to render medical care to illegal criminals who will never pay it back, it will be offset by the cost of illegal criminals that represent a disproportionate number of inmates, offset the losses Americans have to bear in wrecks with those that have no insurance, crimes such as rape/murder/robbery/mayhem/drugs etc etc. I'd gladly bite the bullet and provide a few dollars of my tax money to get this done, the flip side is that it would prevent heartache and wasted billions on the other side by ending the wholesale violation of our laws.

But he doesn't mind spending billions of taxpayer dollars on illegals.
He doesn't mind spending billions of taxpayer dollars trying to stop the myth of global warming/climate change.
He doesn't mind giving billions the mullahs.
He doesn't mind supporting planned parenthood, killing millions of unborn babies.

He is a grade A 100% putz! The 5 billion asked for is .0.1% of 1% of the budget, wow that's a treasury breaker. They piss away more money in a term than I could in 1,000 lifetimes. This is all about not giving Trump his campaign promise and nothing more. Fact I bet the glasses he wears are a dam prop.

The merits of who pays for it are well worth debating, but him acting like he is some sort of de-facto protector of taxpayer dollars is a dam hoot. If they are so against it, why not approve the money why not approve the money with the caveat that it will fail and when it does we/libs will hang it around the necks of republicans from now until the second coming.

This is the exact tramp Regan fell into by agreeing to legalize all those criminal bastards in the 80's, for the promise of border security going forward. Very little happened in the way of stopping the flow post legalization.

Personally this is how I feel about the wall. First if it worked for the Israeli's it will work for the US. Second, even if taxpayers do pay for it the money spent will be far offset by the money it takes to render medical care to illegal criminals who will never pay it back, it will be offset by the cost of illegal criminals that represent a disproportionate number of inmates, offset the losses Americans have to bear in wrecks with those that have no insurance, crimes such as rape/murder/robbery/mayhem/drugs etc etc. I'd gladly bite the bullet and provide a few dollars of my tax money to get this done, the flip side is that it would prevent heartache and wasted billions on the other side by ending the wholesale violation of our laws.

Thank you for a very cogent, very thoughtful reply. You make a lot of sense. I would ask you a few questions. Honest questions, not gotcha', because I have no idea what are the answers. I hear all the time from pro-wall people that Israel has a wall and it is working very well. Do you have any idea how long is their wall? How high it is? What material it is made of? How much it cost? The exact degree to which it has hampered illegal crossing? Is it an actual wall, or is it a barbed-wire fence?

By the way I couldn't agree with you more in your assessment of Schumer. Just looking at him sickens my stomach. Your discussion of the things he is willing to spend taxpayer dollars on is spot-on. I started this thread because I thought his response to Trump declaring that Mexico is paying for the wall was one of the best comebacks I've heard in a while. I literally laughed out loud!

Thank you for a very cogent, very thoughtful reply. You make a lot of sense. I would ask you a few questions. Honest questions, not gotcha', because I have no idea what are the answers. I hear all the time from pro-wall people that Israel has a wall and it is working very well. Do you have any idea how long is their wall? How high it is? What material it is made of? How much it cost? The exact degree to which it has hampered illegal crossing? Is it an actual wall, or is it a barbed-wire fence?

By the way I couldn't agree with you more in your assessment of Schumer. Just looking at him sickens my stomach. Your discussion of the things he is willing to spend taxpayer dollars on is spot-on. I started this thread because I thought his response to Trump declaring that Mexico is paying for the wall was one of the best comebacks I've heard in a while. I literally laughed out loud!

You realized he flat-out lied about things, no? There’s nothing cogent or thoughtful about that.

Yo Biscuit Breath, dial back the stupidity about eleventy-seven notches. Ever think about a civil discussion with "wind" and Ponca? Try it, if you're capable.

Do you also believe that illegal immigrants make up a “disproportionate” amount of inmates, as he claimed?

You realized he flat-out lied about things, no? There’s nothing cogent or thoughtful about that.
You do your argument a disservice when you go nuclear and declare that a person with an opposing view to yours is "flat out lying." A lie entails making a claim you know to be false. It's the kind of thing that Donald Trump and Barak Obama, and, really, every politician in our lifetimes do on a daily basis. There is no evidence whatsoever that windriver has lied. He may be mistaken in the facts he presents, on that account I have no idea, but I do not believe he has done so with the intent to lie. He came to the debate with the same passion as you, but he has not attempted to insult you personally. There is no reason for you to cast aspersions on his character by calling him a liar. All it does is drive a wedge between the two of you which guarantees there can never be a mutual understanding. I assume you post on this board in the hope you might convince others of the rightness of your opinion. Being insulting is the wrong way to go about it. On occasion I have seen you be civil and objective. You should try it more often!

You do your argument a disservice when you go nuclear and declare that a person with an opposing view to yours is "flat out lying." A lie entails making a claim you know to be false. It's the kind of thing that Donald Trump and Barak Obama, and, really, every politician in our lifetimes do on a daily basis. There is no evidence whatsoever that windriver has lied. He may be mistaken in the facts he presents, on that account I have no idea, but I do not believe he has done so with the intent to lie. He came to the debate with the same passion as you, but he has not attempted to insult you personally. There is no reason for you to cast aspersions on his character by calling him a liar. All it does is drive a wedge between the two of you which guarantees there can never be a mutual understanding. I assume you post on this board in the hope you might convince others of the rightness of your opinion. Being insulting is the wrong way to go about it. On occasion I have seen you be civil and objective. You should try it more often!

So you’re defending the lies got it. I don’t give free passes sorry not sorry. If that’s you, you do you. I’m not impressed, but go ahead lol

So you’re defending the lies got it. I don’t give free passes sorry not sorry. If that’s you, you do you. I’m not impressed, but go ahead lol

I’m not asking that you defend perceived lies or give a free pass to misinformation. I’m trying to tell you that your “style” will create enemies and not convince the undecided. You damage your own argument and personal profile when you get so ugly from the get-go. I know you are intelligent enough to understand what I am saying. You are deluding no one but yourself when you pretend to think I’m suggesting something other than what I am suggesting. If windriver has put out incorrect data that does not mean he is lying. If his information is incorrect the proper course of action for you to take is to correct his mistake politely. You seem to prefer getting into the mud. Mud slinging accomplishes nothing unless it, for some strange reason, makes you feel good.

I’m not asking that you defend perceived lies or give a free pass to misinformation. I’m trying to tell you that your “style” will create enemies and not convince the undecided. You damage your own argument and personal profile when you get so ugly from the get-go. I know you are intelligent enough to understand what I am saying. You are deluding no one but yourself when you pretend to think I’m suggesting something other than what I am suggesting. If windriver has put out incorrect data that does not mean he is lying. If his information is incorrect the proper course of action for you to take is to correct his mistake politely. You seem to prefer getting into the mud. Mud slinging accomplishes nothing unless it, for some strange reason, makes you feel good.

I’ll ask again... nYou this time, since others in this thread are afraid to address #facts...

Do you also believe that illegal immigrants make up a “disproportionate” amount of inmates, as he claimed?

I’ll ask again... nYou this time, since others in this thread are afraid to address #facts...

I don’t have any idea. It does seem I have heard before that as a percentage of inmates illegal immigrants are higher than their numbers in the general population. I don’t know if that’s accurate. I say again that there is no reason to assume windriver made his remark knowing it was wrong. You jumped to a conclusion and went straight to the insult. It was not necesssry, and it was counterproductive to civil discourse.

I don’t have any idea. It does seem I have heard before that as a percentage of inmates illegal immigrants are higher than their numbers in the general population. I don’t know if that’s accurate. I say again that there is no reason to assume windriver made his remark knowing it was wrong. You jumped to a conclusion and went straight to the insult. It was not necesssry, and it was counterproductive to civil discourse.

https://www.cato.org/blog/another-confusing-federal-report-immigrant-incarceration

Very well. It’s not true. That does not make windriver a liar. You could have politely told him he is mistaken, posted the link, and conducted a rational conversation. You chose to go a different route, which is your right. But it is a route that not only does not make you any friends or converts, but creates enemies instead. I’m just trying to offer you some friendly advice. Sometimes I agree with the gist of an argument you are making, but I cringe at your method, and it makes me very hesitant to participate.

Very well. It’s not true. That does not make windriver a liar. You could have politely told him he is mistaken, posted the link, and conducted a rational conversation. You chose to go a different route, which is your right. But it is a route that not only does not make you any friends or converts, but creates enemies instead. I’m just trying to offer you some friendly advice. Sometimes I agree with the gist of an argument you are making, but I cringe at your method, and it makes me very hesitant to participate.

It does make him a liar. Don’t like it? I don’t care lol.

Your passive aggressive preaching “advice” rings hollow. You can’t deny it either.

The fact that you cry mod after the last ten or so years of your act is mind boggling.

Don’t care what you think. If boundaries don’t actually exist, then you all should quit bitching and moaning about discourse and all that BS and deal with the backlash

Sorry I was just trying to hit the like button.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT