ADVERTISEMENT

Hyundai Palisade

TPOKE

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2001
The wife has been driving the Honda Odyssey for almost 14 years and 220,000+ miles. I figure she’s earned the new vehicle. We were looking at Toyota and Honda but then turned our attention to the Kia telluride and Hyundai palisade. We also saw saw that consumer reports rates the Kia telluride and Hyundai palisade one and two. Anybody own one or know of somebody who does? Nothing against the Kia, just like the looks of the palisade better.

Wife begging me for one of these two options so interested as well

Reactions: TPOKE
Coworker has had the Kia Telluride for about a year, she absolutely loves it.
We did look at a Kia and she reallly liked it. The only thing that is swaying us toward the Hyundai is the body style. If she was looking for the more traditional suv look, it would be a Kia.
Hyundai and Kia being the same company have done a tremendous job in differentiating the body style to increase their appeal.

We did look at a Kia and she reallly liked it. The only thing that is swaying us toward the Hyundai is the body style. If she was looking for the more traditional suv look, it would be a Kia.
Hyundai and Kia being the same company have done a tremendous job in differentiating the body style to increase their appeal.

As well as putting out very well made vehicles. I’ve never had either, but do know that some of the US automakers have been very intensely trying to find ways to replicate the quality of critical parts used by Kia/Hyundai.

Reactions: AtownPoke and TPOKE
we test drove the Kia and Hyundia and the wife and I both much preferred the Telluride. We both couldn't exactly tell you what it was about the Telluride, but it just felt better. I personally liked the infotainment system. I would for sure say test drive them both.

I like both of them and have been following since they came out. There are some good facebook groups to join and learn about them. Several issues that have arisen with a good % of them that have drove some owners crazy. Being a buyer on the front end of a new model can sometimes be rough.

Picked up the Palisade last night and I haven't driven it, yet. Got it in Wichita and wife drove it home, I was relegated to driving home the truck that we went there in. She loves it. All of the safety features seem great and have been told by our insurance agent having those helps with the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dally1up
Any of the Paslisade or Telluride owners ever owned a Lexus? Wondering how they compare. We know brand name and price is higher...but what about the ride?

We looked at those but wide really liked the Subaru ascent. Subaru pretty legit. Very sturdy and interior is nice.

I finally did drive it Friday night. Amazing ride, features and amenities. We have a long way to go to figure everything out, but that goes with buying your first vehicle in 14 years.

We looked at those but wide really liked the Subaru ascent. Subaru pretty legit. Very sturdy and interior is nice.
Just googled the Ascent, really nice looking vehicle. Looks like a good choice.

Picked up the Palisade last night and I haven't driven it, yet. Got it in Wichita and wife drove it home, I was relegated to driving home the truck that we went there in. She loves it. All of the safety features seem great and have been told by our insurance agent having those helps with the cost.
Well, the new vehicle was for her, right?

Love the looks of the Telluride. Watched a Youtube video where some guys basically took you on a virtual tour of the car. Looks to be really nice and have all the bells & whistles I could want/need.

Love the looks of the Telluride. Watched a Youtube video where some guys basically took you on a virtual tour of the car. Looks to be really nice and have all the bells & whistles I could want/need.
Telluride was a close second. She wanted more of the luxury look than SUV.

Telluride was a close second. She wanted more of the luxury look than SUV.

funny you say that, we test drove both and felt the Telluride felt more luxury. We also had an awful experience at the Hyunadi dealership which could have come in to play.

funny you say that, we test drove both and felt the Telluride felt more luxury. We also had an awful experience at the Hyunadi dealership which could have come in to play.
I thought the Telluride looked more like an SUV. I didn’t think about it much until I watched some YouTube videos comparing and that’s what one guy said. The people at our Hyundai dealership were awesome and very and very friendly. The same could be said for the Kia dealership. Yes, if we would have a bad experience at Hyundai we would’ve definitely gotten the Telluride.

Last edited:
Both Kia's and Hyundai's are so good of vehicles compared to Ford, GMC, etc.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Fords, chevy, gmc are almost disposable these days. No value at the lower end of the spectrum including f150s .

• Love
Reactions: osutater
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT