ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

A couple recruiting notes, although not directly related to OSU: 1) ou received a visit from Dreshaun Ross. Seems like a big deal for them to get a visit from the #3 recruit these days. Ross has also visited Northern Illinois, so he may not be too particular. 2) Edmond North received another move-in this time from Turner Ross. Presumably he is not related to Dreshaun although they both appear to have wrestled for Sebolt Wrestling. Turner was a state champ in Minnesota last year as a freshman. He recently lost in the best of 3 finals of the U17 world team trials to Henry Asikyan who won the silver at worlds.

A couple recruiting notes, although not directly related to OSU: 1) ou received a visit from Dreshaun Ross. Seems like a big deal for them to get a visit from the #3 recruit these days. Ross has also visited Northern Illinois, so he may not be too particular. 2) Edmond North received another move-in this time from Turner Ross. Presumably he is not related to Dreshaun although they both appear to have wrestled for Sebolt Wrestling. Turner was a state champ in Minnesota last year as a freshman. He recently lost in the best of 3 finals of the U17 world team trials to Henry Asikyan who won the silver at worlds.
Older brother wrestles for Northern Illinois so imagine it is a courtesy visit for publicity for the program.

Oklahoma is definitely doing a good job getting a lot of top prospects interested though. Very curious to see what Ross ultimately chooses to do, wrestle, football or try both. His shoulder injury from wrestling will definitely hurt his football prospects since he is missing all of his junior season but he's been getting quite a bit of offers off his insane athleticism alone to date.

Jax can post 10 schools but if it's anyone other than OSU and maybe PSU as an outside shot, it's an upset.
UNC is a major sleeper since he grew up near Chapel Hill I believe (and Rob Koll and Tony Ramos are great recruiters) but agree with your analysis otherwise here.

I don't see Ohio State hiring Coleman as a part time RTC coach (that likely will move on sooner rather than later) moving any needles for Jax.

Edmond North had a couple of kids wrestle at the Border Brawl, one of them was Will Deutchlander, looks like he moved in from Lake Travis TX and according to his instagram has already taken visits to Norman and Bloomington.

I don't know much about him Atown. How excited should we be?
I think he's a very very solid prospect. Not at the level of Dee, Blaze, Jax, Bo etc but a very good prospect. He come from a very successful combat sport family and he's a state champ and two time finalist in CA which is single class (runner-up as a FR and Champ as a soph).

I think he's a very very solid prospect. Not at the level of Dee, Blaze, Jax, Bo etc but a very good prospect. He come from a very successful combat sport family and he's a state champ and two time finalist in CA which is single class (runner-up as a FR and Champ as a soph).
Is he one of the Askren kids that visited a few weeks ago?

Reactions: AtownPoke
Looking at Ok State's lineup based on DT's recruits (not final obviously, DT will look to always upgrade weights)

However, DT will 100% tell each kid he recruits he is a future 4 timer.

125 - Ramirez after Spratley
133 - Zinkin (Hughes/McComas sitting here also)
141 - Forrest (yes I'm dropping him in)
149 - Robideau
157 - Routledge
165 - Lockett
174 - ??? (I can see DT seeing if Thompson can be a revival project here at first)
184 - ??? (DT went after Ryan Burton hard ... curious if he is still trying)
197 - Merrill
285 - Johnson

But .... obviously some BIG names are uncommitted and DT is making huge traction with those not to mention flips/transfers. I wouldn't be shocked if Lockett goes 174 and Aaron Stewart is the future 165.

Blaze would be in the 141/149 range, Bassett 149/157, Miller 165/174 and obviously imagine DT will be recruiting both Dreshaun Ross and Michael Mocco hard for 285.

Been awhile since I’ve posted but i think who u have 49-65 will be 57-74 and they need a 49 and also I think miller will be a 84 no inside info I just think he will keep growing

Looking at Ok State's lineup based on DT's recruits (not final obviously, DT will look to always upgrade weights)

149 - Robideau
157 - Routledge
165 - Lockett
174 - ??? (I can see DT seeing if Thompson can be a revival project here at first)
197 - Merrill
285 - Johnson

But .... obviously some BIG names are uncommitted and DT is making huge traction with those not to mention flips/transfers. I wouldn't be shocked if Lockett goes 174 and Aaron Stewart is the future 165.

Blaze would be in the 141/149 range, Bassett 149/157, Miller 165/174 and obviously imagine DT will be recruiting both Dreshaun Ross and Michael Mocco hard for 285.
Can I ask a stupid question about who Johnson is at 285?

Didn’t one of the national journalists say they didn’t ever see Peterson making even 120 again? That would mean he could be 126 or higher as a junior in HS and outside of the 125 and probably 133 prospect range. Pics of him with Wolbert on their trip to Mizzu make Peterson appear to be about the same size as Wolbert who wrestled at 65 kg (143) this summer. Picking up the #22 recruit on Flo’s ‘26 Big Board (Rocklin) is a big deal and hopefully is the start of a monster ‘26 class.

Didn’t one of the national journalists say they didn’t ever see Peterson making even 120 again? That would mean he could be 126 or higher as a junior in HS and outside of the 125 and probably 133 prospect range. Pics of him with Wolbert on their trip to Mizzu make Peterson appear to be about the same size as Wolbert who wrestled at 65 kg (143) this summer. Picking up the #22 recruit on Flo’s ‘26 Big Board (Rocklin) is a big deal and hopefully is the start of a monster ‘26 class.
Very good thoughts

Reactions: TheJimReaper

149 - Robideau
157 - Routledge
165 - Lockett
197 - Merrill
285 - Johnson

It’s ok Mcsorely I’ve had our future lineups figured out for a while now.

125: Rin Sakamoto or Zinkin
133: Jax Forrest
141: Marcus Blaze
149: Bo Bassett
157: Landon Robideau
165: Lockett or Routledge
174: Lockett or Routledge
184: Aaron Stewart
197: Cody Merrill
HWT: Michael Mocco

I’m thinking about emailing this to DT just to make sure we’re on the same page.

It’s ok Mcsorely I’ve had our future lineups figured out for a while now.

125: Rin Sakamoto or Zinkin
133: Jax Forrest
141: Marcus Blaze
149: Bo Bassett
157: Landon Robideau
165: Lockett or Routledge
174: Lockett or Routledge
184: Aaron Stewart
197: Cody Merrill
HWT: Michael Mocco

I’m thinking about emailing this to DT just to make sure we’re on the same page.
DT needs to put you on staff, this is genius.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT