ADVERTISEMENT

How do you comsume your music?

ctdub

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2003
I’ve had a Spotify account for the last 7 or so years and that’s the way my family listens to music for the most part. We have a family account pay $16/mo all 4 of us have our own accounts with unlimited steaming and downloads.

I also have a SiriusXM subscription in my car. I mostly listen to The Spectrum channel, but will bounce around a little bit... The Jam, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, Beatles, The verge.

Dallas also has a phenomenal FM station 91.7 KXT, no commercials, they run 4 fundraising campaigns per year to run the station. They play a wide variety of music new, old, local and sponsor some great concerts. My wife and I are going to see Anderson East next weekend, which they arwnlead sponsor. They are a partner station of the local PBS TV station KERA.

I don’t have any music on iTunes library.I can’t stand the Apple Music platform. Im not a fan of pandora, although pandora did introduce me to some of my favorite musicians before I switched to Spotify.

Last edited:
Sirius XM in the truck and typically YouTube and Pandora at work/home. Slowed down my concert going the last few years, but that may pick up depending on my next move (and where).

Been really getting into the jam bands the last couple of years and have gone to a few shows that have only heightened my enjoyment. Phish, moe., Umphrey's McGee...that kinda stuff.

Looking back through my purchase history and the last album I bought digital or physical was in 2012. Everything since then has been streaming.

Does anyone buy or use CD’s anymore? I noticed the CD slot in my car this morning. I’ve had the car 3 years and never had a CD in there.

Amazon Music, SiriusXM, vinyl records, occasionally CD’s.

I too listen to The Spectrum the most on SXM. Followed by:

Beatles
Classic Vinyl
First Wave
Real Jazz

I still have a bunch of ITunes files I need to copy onto a hard drive and attempt to convert. I haven’t been on ITunes in years.

I go to a lot of live shows and I buy CDs from bands, both at the show and from crowd funding campaigns. I load everything I buy into Amazon Music and stream that at home. I play CDs and use media devices plugged into my aux cable to listen to music in my truck.

I also go to quite a few live shows. Probably average about 10 a year, with 1-2 festivals a year the last 3 years.

Pandora if I'm screwing around on my phone at home, and I'll often put a classical playlist on You Tube on when I'm at work. In my car, I listen to sports talk almost exclusively.

I should've gone to more concerts before my kids were born. I probably only went to 1-2/year then, and none now.

Rectally.
7cK3.gif

SiriusXM, in the car and through Alexa in the House. Apple Music, and I still listen to a lot of vinyl at home.

Some of you should check out http://kxt.org/ they have an app you can stream from and they are also in tunein if you have a Sonos system at your house you can pick it up there (in tunein) by searching for local Dallas radio. It’s a great station much in the vein of the spectrum, but possibly better as they they will play some off the beaten path artists I enjoy some of their weekend programming too as they plug directly into NPR music programs and live recorded events. I’m sure there are stations like this in other cities, but it’s the only non sports radio station I listen to on the AM/FM radio.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I finally digitized a bin of cd's and now feel like I need to listen to them. I should break down and do spotify, I spend too much money on video subscriptions I hardly use, i.e. prime, netlix, curiosity, etc.

It's just hard not to find something compelling on Sirius.

And thank you guys for the dallas radio rec, it streams like a charm and they have great music. Talking Heads, Marvin Gay, good no names, Black Crowes is what they just played.

Reactions: ctdub
SiriusXM in the car, and then streamed in the house on Sonos speakers. I still patronize a local music store and buy CDs every now and then. I used to have a weekly Sunday afternoon ritual of buying something, but that's faded. My 2016 vehicle does have a CD player, and I suspect my next vehicle probably won't even have the option. My overall consumption has dropped, primarily because there's usually too many fires going at work, and I really can't settle into an album like I used to in my previous position. I've never really been into playing something just for background noise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT