ADVERTISEMENT

House of Dragon

Well you won't have to wait a full year. More like one and a half. Filming starts spring 23. Probably April 24 release at the earliest.
Hes Right GIF by moodman

Blows why the dely? Isn't Ring of Power already filming and next year they will drop a new season? GRRM is a ****ing sloth yo.

Hungry I Need It GIF by MOODMAN

I think they had to wait for the reception of S1. They spent more on this season than any other GOT seasons. They had to make sure it was a hit before moving on to S2. Again, that’s mainly my assumption.
Hes Right GIF by moodman

Blows why the dely? Isn't Ring of Power already filming and next year they will drop a new season? GRRM is a ****ing sloth yo.

Hungry I Need It GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Been Jammin
I enjoyed it though and chomping at the bit for the Snow one.
Man I forgot about that. Wasn’t looking forward to that at all until this one was so good. I’ve heard they might retcon some stuff from GOT S8🤞🏼
EDIT: They haven’t even started filming Snow. It’s still “In development”.

I think they had to wait for the reception of S1. They spent more on this season than any other GOT seasons. They had to make sure it was a hit before moving on to S2. Again, that’s mainly my assumption.
That is what I assumed. GOT was hugely unpopular after the final season (or 2 seasons for many). Excitement for HOD was lukewarm at best. It's not a cheap show to make, so they opted to wait and see if it was going to draw enough viewers for S2 to make financial sense. I'm sure they will start filming S3 shortly after finishing filming of S2. We have a long waiting period right now, but I suspect the wait will be shorter between 2-3 and 3-4.

Reactions: SSS!!!
One interesting tidbit. (maybe mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look back.) Alicent and Viserys have 4 children, but we only saw 3 of them in season 1. Aegon (now king), Aemond (asshole with the eye patch), and their sister Helaena. They have a younger brother Daeron. We will later find out that he is currently being fostered by the Hightower family in Oldtown. If the show sticks to the books, he will be a somewhat important character. I think its weird that they haven't even mentioned him to this point. GRRM confirms that he will appear next season.

Reactions: SSS!!!
One interesting tidbit. (maybe mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look back.) Alicent and Viserys have 4 children, but we only saw 3 of them in season 1. Aegon (now king), Aemond (asshole with the eye patch), and their sister Helaena. They have a younger brother Daeron. We will later find out that he is currently being fostered by the Hightower family in Oldtown. If the show sticks to the books, he will be a somewhat important character. I think its weird that they haven't even mentioned him to this point. GRRM confirms that he will appear next season.
Along those same lines, the maester mentioned that Rhaenyra had been through 5 previous child labors. I'm assuming there are 2 mini Daemons running around Dragonstone somewhere.

HBO probably didn't want to spend contracts for actors for 1 episode if it didn't end up getting renewed. Like the other lords that I assume will appear in future seasons.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Along those same lines, the maester mentioned that Rhaenyra had been through 5 previous child labors. I'm assuming there are 2 mini Daemons running around Dragonstone somewhere.

HBO probably didn't want to spend contracts for actors for 1 episode if it didn't end up getting renewed. Like the other lords that I assume will appear in future seasons.
We know about and have seen all of Rhaenyras kids. The three of Laenor (aka Strong) kids. Then we met the two w Daemon when she introduced them to Vicerys. They are Vicerys II and Aegon the Younger.

Why isn't there wargs? Or more magic. I wonder if we see oldtown next season and see this. They rush this stuff way to much they could have milked this for 20 years.

Why isn't there wargs? Or more magic. I wonder if we see oldtown next season and see this. They rush this stuff way to much they could have milked this for 20 years.

Show has been pretty limited in scope to 3 generations of 1 family within 1 city.

They could spin off 20 different multi season series focusing on different timelines and families and monumental events. Anyone know how many generations this series will go into? Would the Blood Raven era even be reached by this? Thats another 40 - 50 years, 2 or 3 generations away.

Show has been pretty limited in scope to 3 generations of 1 family within 1 city.

They could spin off 20 different multi season series focusing on different timelines and families and monumental events. Anyone know how many generations this series will go into? Would the Blood Raven era even be reached by this? Thats another 40 - 50 years, 2 or 3 generations away.

Don't think you will see Bloodraven. From where we are at the end of season 1, I think the Dance of the Dragons only goes on for about another 5 years max. (IIRC)

Reactions: Cowpoke
Don't think you will see Bloodraven. From where we are at the end of season 1, I think the Dance of the Dragons only goes on for about another 5 years max. (IIRC)
I figured so, that's a whole different story line that could be a interesting series of it's own. Dunk and egg are just a little later but could be rolled into that series as well I think.

I figured so, that's a whole different story line that could be a interesting series of it's own. Dunk and egg are just a little later but could be rolled into that series as well I think.
Bloodraven made an appearance in one of the Dunk and Egg stories. He was in disguise, but it was him (confirmed by GRRM). So, if a Dunk and Egg series happens, I'm sure we will see him.

Reactions: Cowpoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT