ADVERTISEMENT

Homeland (spoilers inside)

Chillwell

Heisman Winner
Jun 16, 2001
So... are some of you still watching? Never see any discussion here anymore.

I'm really enjoying the season. I like how they really included the "ripped from the headlines" aspect to the show...data breaches, ISIS penetrating Europe, refugees, Syrian regime change, etc. Some quick thoughts...
  • I think Saul is onto the Redhead and is now working an angle.
    • I thought Saul and Dar Adal worker together to get Red (no way Dar thinks Saul is a traitor) at the beginning of the episode, but by the end, that didn't appear to be the case.
  • I can't figure out if Carrie's boss...is he truly the benevolent billionaire or is there's something dark beneath the surface? I've been suspicious of him this entire time (the whole too good to be true thing, plus Saul didn't seem to trust him), but with his blatant lying to Carrie's lawyer boyfriend this last episode, it makes me even more suspicious. Or was he lying to protect b/f from Carrie? Or does he really believe Carrie is off her rocker...don't think that's the case?
  • The redhead needs to die a painful death. BTW, she obviously knows nothing about Quinn; there was no way Quinn was going to kill Carrie.
  • Can't stand the reporter chick. I think she's idealistic, but she's annoying as hell. Kinda like the real life Glenn Greenwald...just want to punch her in the face...well, not me...obviously; I'd get the chick who just KO'ed RR to do it for me.
  • BTW, what happened to Quinn? He went from sad, depressed, conflicted assassin last season to a straight up cold-blooded killer again this season. I like badass, cold-blooded Quinn better.

Yeah this has been a great season and I pretty much second everything you said. There is no way Saul is stupid enough to get played by that redhead. She has sold him out about a half dozen times this season already. He knows what is up. I think Dar is the one that is going to end up being made a fool.

Carrie's boss is interesting. He has been on the up and up the entire time. He could have submarined her multiple times if he had wanted to. Carrie has done nothing to make him think she is off of her rocker so he clearly is playing some back angle. At multiple points in the show last night I thought they were going to start making out so I don't know if he just wants to break her and the lawyer up or if there is something much deeper. You have to figure between all the crap about Saul not liking the guy, etc. that he is going to play a major role for the bad guys.

The reporter chick and the redhead...yeah hate them both.

Quinn really surprised me last night. I can't help but wonder if he is playing some back angle but I don't know what it would be. Frankly I can't imagine he likes Dar too much after Dar buddied up to the main terrorist last season. Maybe all has been forgiven. It seems like an entirely unrelated story line but it is going to have to tie in somehow at some point. I did mention to my wife that if we wanted to take on ISIS we really only needed two boots on the ground, Quinn's.

The best part of the show is exactly what you said, the storyline is completely relevant to what is going on and frankly they could just keep doing that without a shortage of material for quite some time.

Yeah this has been a great season and I pretty much second everything you said. There is no way Saul is stupid enough to get played by that redhead. She has sold him out about a half dozen times this season already. He knows what is up. I think Dar is the one that is going to end up being made a fool.

Carrie's boss is interesting. He has been on the up and up the entire time. He could have submarined her multiple times if he had wanted to. Carrie has done nothing to make him think she is off of her rocker so he clearly is playing some back angle. At multiple points in the show last night I thought they were going to start making out so I don't know if he just wants to break her and the lawyer up or if there is something much deeper. You have to figure between all the crap about Saul not liking the guy, etc. that he is going to play a major role for the bad guys.

The reporter chick and the redhead...yeah hate them both.

Quinn really surprised me last night. I can't help but wonder if he is playing some back angle but I don't know what it would be. Frankly I can't imagine he likes Dar too much after Dar buddied up to the main terrorist last season. Maybe all has been forgiven. It seems like an entirely unrelated story line but it is going to have to tie in somehow at some point. I did mention to my wife that if we wanted to take on ISIS we really only needed two boots on the ground, Quinn's.

The best part of the show is exactly what you said, the storyline is completely relevant to what is going on and frankly they could just keep doing that without a shortage of material for quite some time.
So why is Red working with the Russians? Just the personal relationship with the Russian spy master? Do we understand how they flipped her?

So why is Red working with the Russians? Just the personal relationship with the Russian spy master? Do we understand how they flipped her?

I don't think a reason has been given yet. It sounds like she's been spying for them a long time though since he said she was the one of the best assets in the history of the KGB. In addition to being a spy she appears to be a bit of a slut too banging Saul and the Russian prick. Did anyone else think she was going to off herself in the bathroom when she collapsed? I thought when she reached into her purse and pulled out the cell phone that it was going to be a gun.

Quinn really surprised me last night. I can't help but wonder if he is playing some back angle but I don't know what it would be. Frankly I can't imagine he likes Dar too much after Dar buddied up to the main terrorist last season. Maybe all has been forgiven. It seems like an entirely unrelated story line but it is going to have to tie in somehow at some point.
Ya, I haven't seen a connection between Quinn's penetration of the terrorist cell & the Carrie-Russian-German stories yet either, but I know there must be.

There's been very little information as to her motivation...at least none that I've picked up on. Just guessing...could it be Russian ancestry?...money? I don't know.

Maybe I'm off but I interpreted that conversation with Red and the Russian to mean that she was essentially the ultimate sleeper - like if the kids from The Americans grew up and actually fulfilled the Soviet plans to penetrate US Government at the highest level. Could have just been an American who was turned because of ancestry, etc. but with The Americans in the back of my mind, I could almost see her being a grown up version of Paige (who would be roughly that age by now).

A lot of questions answered last night and another great episode. I thought the background on Alison was great...not sure I like what's up with Quinn...ready for him to start kicking add. Again, what's going on with the German billionaire?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT