ADVERTISEMENT

HK VP9SK

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Going to be busy next week as I just picked up one of these for my wife. I know it seems like I'm always "getting something new", but that's not exactly true. Some of these guns I talk about I have had for years, and in the case of these recent acquisitions, my wife and I bought each other gifts for our 5 year anniversary.

I was going to wait and talk about this one after a range trip, and after my wife had fired it as well, but I just wanted to say that if you are on the fence about a 9mm carry gun, seriously take a look at these. And go for the 3 magazine version with tritium night sights.

This also comes with a mag loader apparatus from HK, while not as good as the Maglula, it's decent enough and beats bruising your fingertips on the VP9s sharp feed lips. For me, the mag without the extension for the pinky was useless since I have fairly large hands. But the extended mag and grip are VERY comfy and you feel like you have a SOLID grip on the gun. Very natural. It's even more comfortable than the standard VP9, and that says a lot.

I personally like the trigger guard mag release of the VP9. Again, just feels natural to me. And the shape of the mags lends to fast reloads as if the gun had a custom mag well.

The night sights aren't Trijicon it appears, but they rival those on my Colt M45A1.

Field strip is just like the VP9, quick and painless.

There's no external safety, so if that frightens you or just isn't for you, then that might be a negative. Comes with the 3 sets of grip "pads" to form the grip to your hand.

Anyway, more later once I run it on the range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT