ADVERTISEMENT

Help a guy out?

not sure of anything but don't see how. Not an inducement, just supporting the kid..
I made similar donations for Daton while he was in high school and competing overseas. I just made a $25.00 donation to support Kyle Haas. I see no problem with this.

@CowboyUp61 ...got a question...Do you know if Brandy is in this week or maybe she's on vacation? I sent an email based on Holder's suggestion and also left a voicemail. Thanks

Need some help...

does anyone have info (or a link) on how to make an online donation to the Cowboy Wrestling Club RTC (like via PayPal)?

I'm trying to wrap up a small friendly wager and have been unable to get this info so far. I started with Holder, who pointed me to the wrestling office. The wrestling office said they would send it to me last Wednesday. I emailed them again last Friday and they said they are waiting for someone to send it to them first (kinda weird that they don't know)

I think they need some serious help on the finance and communication side. I keep offering....

Here is an email address I found on the facebook page.
cowboy.wrestling.club98@gmail.com.

It would be so easy to put a donate button on that page at least.

Last edited:
I think they need some serious help on the finance and communication side. I keep offering....

Can't say I'm too surprised by this ...2 voicemails & 3 emails over a 7 day period, all asking for info on how to give $, and the reaction seemed to be disinterest.

Very strange, but maybe that says something about the lack of vision regarding the RTC.

This is very concerning to hear. RTC should be a top of the list of importance . Can’t believe we have people wanting to donate and nobody seems to care at OSU

I have not found any way to donate to wrestling at all on-line. After searching for an hour or more, I gave up and called the ticket office. They confirmed that you cannot designate an on-line gift to wrestling, so I had them process it for me. A couple of weeks later I checked my Posse points and did not see a bump from the donation. I called the ticket office to check and found out they applied it to my football season tickets! No, they could not fix their own error, but they were happy to accept another donation, which they assured me would go to wrestling. They are quite embarrassing at times.

I have not found any way to donate to wrestling at all on-line. After searching for an hour or more, I gave up and called the ticket office. They confirmed that you cannot designate an on-line gift to wrestling, so I had them process it for me. A couple of weeks later I checked my Posse points and did not see a bump from the donation. I called the ticket office to check and found out they applied it to my football season tickets! No, they could not fix their own error, but they were happy to accept another donation, which they assured me would go to wrestling. They are quite embarrassing at times.
I think that Coach Smith needs to put his foot down on wrestling being treated so poorly. Which should have occurred long ago.

This is very concerning to hear. RTC should be a top of the list of importance . Can’t believe we have people wanting to donate and nobody seems to care at OSU

The problem is we don’t have a dedicated board or business executive involved. We have wrestling coaches who are busy recruiting and getting guys ready for FS.

OSU as an AD has to be somewhat hands off in regards to the RTC. We need some higher level business execs and wrestling alums to step up, create a board, fund and executive level position and start the ball really rolling.

Reactions: cachap5327
The athletic department cannot have any direct involvement in RTC funding or fundraising per Coach Smith. Must all happen outside the confines of the OSU AD.

The athletic department cannot have any direct involvement in RTC funding or fundraising per Coach Smith. Must all happen outside the confines of the OSU AD.

I have also heard faint whispers (no idea if they are true or not) that the NCAA might start looking a little more closer at the RTCs. I'm not saying anyone is any trouble but I wouldn't be shocked if the NCAA forced more separation between the university and RTCs.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT