ADVERTISEMENT

Headlines are important

Am sure if you look far back enough one of McConnel's relatives was french or italian and surrendered a whole army or even country to someone who threatened him by mail. Dam coward and POS.
Hopefully they can make up that money in new ways and not be beholden to the swamp rats. I'm not a big fan of Senate campaign money or House campaign money. Both houses do it, and it has never set right with me. The way it works is that both the House and Senate will raise money on party lines, they even have to spend time on the phones to help raise the money (one of the most hated jobs attached to senators and representatives today). The money goes into a party coffer for either the House or Senate, and then dispersed among all the Senators and representatives to use for re-election. The head of each party for each house gets a huge say in how much goes where so everyone has to kiss the ring. You can see the obvious issues with this money scheme.

Yes, what a shame. Could have these politicians beholden to even more money...

Alt society bitches- the one you were brainwashed to follow by your TVs has failed you

Hopefully they can make up that money in new ways and not be beholden to the swamp rats. I'm not a big fan of Senate campaign money or House campaign money. Both houses do it, and it has never set right with me. The way it works is that both the House and Senate will raise money on party lines, they even have to spend time on the phones to help raise the money (one of the most hated jobs attached to senators and representatives today). The money goes into a party coffer for either the House or Senate, and then dispersed among all the Senators and representatives to use for re-election. The head of each party for each house gets a huge say in how much goes where so everyone has to kiss the ring. You can see the obvious issues with this money scheme.
LBJ’s rise to true power was precipitated by becoming Democratic Senate campaign committee chair.

He basically exchanged money from the committee for patronage positions that he controlled and withheld money from candidates that didn’t vote the way he wanted.

LBJ’s rise to true power was precipitated by becoming Democratic Senate campaign committee chair.

He basically exchanged money from the committee for patronage positions that he controlled and withheld money from candidates that didn’t vote the way he wanted.
Sounds like a damn good reason to repeal the 17th amendments doesn't it.

But it all started with Box 13, Alice, Tejas:

• Angry
Reactions: iasooner2000
Remember when Austin had one TV station owned by Lady Bird Johnson? Waco had two TV stations. A buddy let me read A Texan Takes A Look At LBJ. Wow!!! The buddy bought the book before it was banned from Texas store shelves.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’m the sheep for not wanting state legislatures to be the authority on who are our Senators?

lol

More of that thinking for oneself, apparently.

carry on
Versus vasts sums of out of state money filling the campaign coffers of Senate candidates who when elected are loyal to the out of state money and not the state. Yea give me the states having the loyalty of the Senators.

Reactions: Medic007
It'll never happen but we should repeal the 17th amendment and allow states to choose how they want their Senators selected. It doesn't preculde states from voting on their senators. It just wouldn't require it either. Kind of as it should be in a federalist union.

Reactions: Medic007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT