ADVERTISEMENT

H.L. Mencken Discusses The Mind Of The Inferior Man

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
And Don Boudreaux clarifies any confusion someone might have about what he meant. Who on this board is an “inferior man?” I won’t name names but I can think of a couple. Being truly free can be paralyzingly terrifying to the inferior man. At least that’s how Mencken saw it. Me, too.

Reactions: 77cowboy
I agree. People that are afraid of change and constantly obstruct in lieu of constructing and creating are cowards.

I agree. People that are afraid of change and constantly obstruct in lieu of constructing and creating are cowards.
Not a single word by Mencken or Boudreaux mentioned anything about fear of change. Read it again. Maybe the second time you’ll realize they’re referring to the inferior man’s fear of freedom.

Not a single word by Mencken or Boudreaux mentioned anything about fear of change. Read it again. Maybe the second time you’ll realize they’re referring to the inferior man’s fear of freedom.
But then maybe the inferior man’s fear of freedom is not the “new normal.” Maybe it’s been the normal all along.

Mencken was a favorite source for a few of my History papers, even though he was favorable to the rise of Hitler’s rebuilding of Germany after the failure of Wilson & Versailles.

Reactions: windriverrange
I question whether he intended to change anything beyond his own self interest. He had both the house and senate and didn't do anything. No wall. No health care reform. No repeal and replace. Nothing with Hong kong or China or North Korea. I can't see he ever rolled up his sleeves and did anything except troll and self aggrandize.

Mencken was a favorite source for a few of my History papers, even though he was favorable to the rise of Hitler’s rebuilding of Germany after the failure of Wilson & Versailles.
I love Mencken as well. But you’re absolutely right to point out that he also had some flaws in his thinking. One of his best lines was the following:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.“

I question whether he intended to change anything beyond his own self interest. He had both the house and senate and didn't do anything. No wall. No health care reform. No repeal and replace. Nothing with Hong kong or China or North Korea. I can't see he ever rolled up his sleeves and did anything except troll and self aggrandize.
Another truly delusional and blind post by you. Facts truly are a nuisance to you, aren’t they?

Healthcare reform? Ask John McCain about that one. Nothing to do with China? Ask China about that one. See if they feel the same way that he did nothing. He’s the first one who called them out. We’d all be their little bitch by now if Trump didn’t call them out. No wall? Why do you ask the Democrats in the house about that one. And he got a lot of it built despite that.

You obviously neglected the Middle East where we have peace agreements that were unimaginable before he took office. He should be winning the Nobel prize on that one. And as far as him taking the job to self enrich himself, that’s always been a bullshit slogan from the left. If it did anything at all, it destroyed a lot of his business because of fools like you.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Thats a function of the shit you watch and read.

Have you ever fact checked your sources?

Another truly delusional and blind post by you. Facts truly are a nuisance to you, aren’t they?

Healthcare reform? Ask John McCain about that one. Nothing to do with China? Ask China about that one. See if they feel the same way that he did nothing. He’s the first one who called them out. We’d all be their little bitch by now if Trump didn’t call them out. No wall? Why do you ask the Democrats in the house about that one. And he got a lot of it built despite that.

You obviously neglected the Middle East where we have peace agreements that were unimaginable before he took office. He should be winning the Nobel prize on that one. And as far as him taking the job to self enrich himself, that’s always been a bullshit slogan from the left. If it did anything at all, it destroyed a lot of his business because of fools like you.
So you're saying gimpy John McCain and Granny Pelosi were just too much for Donny? What a lightweight.

Border sealed. Record low crossings. Repeal and replace sabotaged by McKeating. Real manufacturing jobs returning to the US. Pretty much wrecked China’s economy (my personal favorite). As usual, the inside of your ass is blocking your vision.
The only real Trump achievement is the courts. Even there he just followed orders from Mitch and the Federalist Society. What a looser.

But then maybe the inferior man’s fear of freedom is not the “new normal.” Maybe it’s been the normal all along.

It is truly remarkable the people (especially men) who have obeyed every command from woke central Leftist politicians, scum media and
Vaccine propagandist Fauci and Gates- I mean it is truly a sight to see. A sight I never thought I'd see for sure.

As a whole our country (and other countries) deserve every Global leftist takeover we get by the way our men have self castrated themselves and bought into the BS they fed us- they never Imagined it would be This easy. I've seen tons of 80 year olds say no to the control fear diapers- but not the men (as a whole) of these free countries. I still see Middle aged men put on their diaper before they go into stores- disgusting

I and others who have been awake all along damn sure don't deserve it but collectively - sad to say we do.

The only real Trump achievement is the courts. Even there he just followed orders from Mitch and the Federalist Society. What a looser.
And the manufacturing jobs returning, and the reduction in illegal border crossings, and finally giving the chicoms a taste of their own medicine. And of course, the guilty pleasure of you and your crotch fruit balling like babies when he got elected.

So, you're saying that McCain didn't kill the healthcare reform out of his famous vindictiveness?
If it was such a no-brainer how did it come down to one guy? How many runs at Obamacare did the GOP make and fail? If Trump was such an astute deal maker how could he not get it done when he had both the House and Senate? Answer is he isn't much of a deal maker. He was mediocre at best as POTUS.

Last edited:
If it was such a no-brainer how did it come down to one guy? How many runs at Obamacare did the GOP make and fail? If Trump was such an astute deal maker how could he not get it done when he bad both the House and Senate? Answer is he isn't much of a deal maker. He was mediocre at best as POTUS.
He got a hooker to pay his legal bills. Can you top that one?

If it was such a no-brainer how did it come down to one guy? How many runs at Obamacare did the GOP make and fail? If Trump was such an astute deal maker how could he not get it done when he had both the House and Senate? Answer is he isn't much of a deal maker. He was mediocre at best as POTUS.
Your syster still screeches his chubby little dick beaters off about health insurance. Yet here we are, you mouth breathers have the house, senate, and presidency and not a single peep about fixing Zerocare.

But that border though... it's such a mystery what caused that shit show...

And the manufacturing jobs returning, and the reduction in illegal border crossings, and finally giving the chicoms a taste of their own medicine. And of course, the guilty pleasure of you and your crotch fruit balling like babies when he got elected.
Man that is something. You might want to check your facts before going much further though.

He did all I wanted him to do, he kept that Sea Hag Hillary out of the WH made the lefties cry for 4 yrs and counting. He even has one here looking for a pee pee tape going on 5 yrs, keep looking sys you might get lucky! He also exposed the leftists for what they are, you know the "Tolerant" bunch.
Everything else he did was just secondary.

P.S.
If sys does find the pee pee tape he will keep it and watch it over and over for 6mos and make many copies before he turns it over. I mean he really has been chomping at the bit to see that tape and thats just as pervy as someone peeing on someone if you ask me.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I just can’t understand why a 13 year olds tears of disappointment is a source of joy for you. Whatever floats your boat superstar.

Crying over Hillary Clinton is not something most people can comprehend.
Nah, that’s not it. There is something else at play there. Maybe feeling like a victim everyday makes SIL smile when he sees an old woman slip and fall on the ice or a kid cry when they spill a snow cone.

Nah, that’s not it. There is something else at play there. Maybe feeling like a victim everyday makes SIL smile when he sees an old woman slip and fall on the ice or a kid cry when they spill a snow cone.

Hey if its Hillary falling I can't fault him for that. Maybe he has a little W.C. Fields in him, I don't think WC cared for kids much. Some people just don't.

AmpleUnknownGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

MillionDollarGif1.gif

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT