ADVERTISEMENT

Great economic news. If you made 52k in 2008 now you make 38k.

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
Unemployment is down, most new jobs are part time. President Obama is kicking ass.

This post was edited on 8/12 12:58 PM by Headhunter

Originally posted by Headhunter:

Unemployment is down, most new jobs are part time. President Obama is kicking ass.

This post was edited on 8/12 12:58 PM by Headhunter
This is your brain on economic illiteracy.

I think the numbers in the original post are incorrect. Per the report I'm reading, it stats that the average wage was $61,637 where as the replacement wage was $47, 171.

"We repeat this analysis for the recent recession here. In 2008 and 2009 the US economy

lost 8.7 million jobs (Figure 1). By examining the sectors from which the jobs were lost,

most notably manufacturing and construction (Figure 2), we find that the average annual

wage in sectors (current wages weighted by number of jobs) where jobs were lost in the

downturn was $61,637. A similar accounting of the jobs gains through 2014q2 shows

average wages of $47,171 per year. This wage gap, at 23%, is significantly larger than

that of the earlier recession and recovery, and implies $93 billion in lower wage income."

Extensive job losses in high-wage manufacturing ($63K) and construction ($58K) sectors

were replaced by jobs in the lower wage sectors of hospitality ($21K), health care

($47K), and administrative support ($37K).

Mayor's Report

Originally posted by racernhra:
Here comes Pilt with the feel-good voodoo economics
Posted from Rivals Mobile
No, just pointing out that "If you made 52k in 2008 now you make 38k." is nonsense.

FYI voodoo economics typically refers to Reaganomics/supply side economics/tax cuts that pay for themselves.

Yeah that's not good news at all. It's a shame that the gap between rich and poor has only grown under this president, but no one cares.

Originally posted by squeak:
Yeah that's not good news at all. It's a shame that the gap between rich and poor has only grown under this president, but no one cares.
Posted from Rivals MobileBut, at the next election the libs will roll out how the Republicans cater to the rich and that they're the only ones who care about their woes and to vote for them. Then the low information voters will taken the bait again, cast their votes, only to be taken again until the next election. Because government is gonna help them.

Originally posted by 07pilt:

No, just pointing out that "If you made 52k in 2008 now you make 38k." is nonsense.

FYI voodoo economics typically refers to Reaganomics/supply side economics/tax cuts that pay for themselves.
Pilt, are you saying the U.S. Mayor's report is using voodoo economics? Because it basically says that the jobs lost were replaced with positions paying 22% less. I've linked the data in the post just above yours.

And if supply side economics is voodoo, then what the heck do you call Keynesian economics where your entire economic strategy is to borrow from Peter to pay Paul and hope that Peter never raises your borrowing rates (like he did to Greece, Spain, and Italy).

Justin

Originally posted by aix_xpert:
Originally posted by 07pilt:

Pilt, are you saying the U.S. Mayor's report is using voodoo economics? Because it basically says that the jobs lost were replaced with positions paying 22% less. I've linked the data in the post just above yours.

And if supply side economics is voodoo, then what the heck do you call Keynesian economics where your entire economic strategy is to borrow from Peter to pay Paul and hope that Peter never raises your borrowing rates (like he did to Greece, Spain, and Italy).

Justin
I didn't call anything voodoo economics, racernhra did. I was just pointing out that it is a term of art that refers to Reaganomics.

What if both Peter and Paul desire to save?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT