ADVERTISEMENT

Grapevine, Texas Duals

R.D.Carr

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I attended a Dual wrestling tournament in Grapevine, Texas over the weekend. Three out of State teams placed from a total of 28 Varsity teams, with 2 being from Oklahoma and 1 from Kansas.
Olathe North, KS., placed 2nd
Cache, OK., placed 3rd
Harrah, OK., placed 4th

Does OSU recruit these high schools much, for some reason, Olathe North seems familiar as far as recruiting football. Anyhow, was very impressed with some of the wrestlers, especially Olathe North and Cache. Cache has 2 brothers which no one could beat, Don and Duncan Shafer, 152 and 160 weight classes.

Once again, thanks @Cypresspoke, was not aware of this wrestling board.

Shafer brothers are good but not top tier recruits. They also have a younger Brother who is good.

Reactions: R.D.Carr
Shafer brothers are good but not top tier recruits. They also have a younger Brother who is good.

I am relatively new to the sport, so you saying the Shafer brothers are good but not top tier, shows how new I am. Been going to local high school tournaments, 3rd year now. Pretty exciting sport and kids put in a lot of effort.
I have had the opportunity to watch A.J Ferrari when he was at Allen High, had a chance to chat with his dad last year at Regionals, seemed like A.J was high on OSU, not sure now with the move?
I know all of the Texas kids that were in his weight class are glad he transferred out of state.

I am relatively new to the sport, so you saying the Shafer brothers are good but not top tier, shows how new I am. Been going to local high school tournaments, 3rd year now. Pretty exciting sport and kids put in a lot of effort.
I have had the opportunity to watch A.J Ferrari when he was at Allen High, had a chance to chat with his dad last year at Regionals, seemed like A.J was high on OSU, not sure now with the move?
I know all of the Texas kids that were in his weight class are glad he transferred out of state.

FWIW, AJ Ferrari was in the OSU room a couple of days before Geary.

I mean they have a lot talent just not OSU level. More like UCO and that’s not anything to be ashamed of.

Reactions: R.D.Carr
ADVERTISEMENT